helplesscrane
Byond Username: Helplesscrane

spookuni, helplesscrane, ex favilla nos resurgemus

Post by helplesscrane » #694165

BYOND account:helplesscrane
Character name: Chowder Asombroso
Ban type: server
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: Rule 1 and 7, continually started poorly reasoned fights with their metafriends for very poor reasons, culminating in a mass break in and riot in security, which they assisted with by breaking in with hulk from genetics - I have seen so many negative reports from players and admins alike about your behaviour, and your note history is all of consistent, terrible and extensive, all indications are that the server will be a better place without you. Appeal on the forums if you believe this to be in error.
Time ban was placed:07:03:31
Server you were playing on when banned: Sybil
Your side of the story: I was being a bad player and got what I deserved.
Why you think you should be unbanned: Before I begin, I want to say that I understand and respect the decision that Spookuni made, I was a blight on the server, and now I wish to be a blessing to it. The more than half a year break I took from TG has uncleared my mind, before I could not understand the harm I was causing, nor was I willing to change; I sincerely apologize to everyone that I've slighted in the past and wish to be allowed back to prove myself, to prove that I am better. I have changed since my ban. I am a more caring, thoughtful, and kind individual. I realize now how big of an effect fighting has on people nearby; there is no feasible way for them to know if I'm an antagonist or an idiot. Since my ban, I haven't played much SS13. However, I became a mentor on f13 to try to help newer players have fun, in which I found helping others was a lot more fun than killing them.
References of good conduct: I eat my vegetables and was a mentor on f13 server.
Anything else we should know: "The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong." - Mahatma Gandhi
spookuni
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Spookuni

Re: spookuni, helplesscrane, ex favilla nos resurgemus

Post by spookuni » #694213

I'm going to be denying this appeal.

While I would normally think six months away from the game would be worth another shot at trying again, even for issues as long-term as yours (requiring direct headmin intervention), your actions surrounding covering for an active ban evader (normalism), as well as your frankly atrocious conduct on the discord for months after your in-game permaban do not give me the confidence to take that leap of faith.

In addition, in the three months since your last tg-related ban (from the discord), you've also managed rack up three bans (one permanent) from Fulp, which casts your assertion you haven't played SS13 much beyond mentoring for F13 somewhat in doubt.

As always, the headmins are free to overrule me if they believe I am in error.
helplesscrane

Post by helplesscrane » #694214

I do deeply regret my actions on the discord and covering for Normalism. However, that was 5 months ago... About Fulp you and I know how the admins there are... The only bit of SS13 I've played is Fulp and F13 mentoring. (not even playing) I have changed and I would appreciate headmin intervention. I would like the headmin team to understand that I am a better person now and I wish to get the chance even if it is just one last one, to prove it just like others who've done worse than me have. I understand if I mess up slightly I will be punished severely. I respect your decision regardless.
spookuni
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Spookuni

Post by spookuni » #694222

I've relayed your request for review to the headmins, they'll have a look at it when they're free.

As a note, vote requiring actions like ban appeals will likely be delayed for a few days given that multiple headmins are on holiday currently, so don't panic if they take a while - they'll get round to it.

Good luck with their review, though I stand by my decision.
helplesscrane

Post by helplesscrane » #695207

when do you think they might be able to have a look? it's been a while.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #695230

helplesscrane wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:14 am when do you think they might be able to have a look? it's been a while.
All three of them just came back from IRL engagements recently, so there's a bit of a backlog. They'll get to you as soon as possible.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
helplesscrane

Post by helplesscrane » #695236

Alright, no rush
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #695754

We're not interested in lifting this ban at this time.

You were always going to have a tough run at things.

I put you in my headmin campaign this term as an example of a player I'd petitioned the headmin team to place a quality control ban on during San/Spook/Rave, so by default I was always going to support your banning.

Kieth mentioned he may have voted in favour of unbanning you if this had been a year since you were banned, but as it stands it's still just too early.

But Kieth, being the wonderful guide that he is, believes that if you successfully appealed your Discord ban and became a good, productive member of the tgstation community through that it would strongly increase your chances in the future.

As for my advice. Stop fucking around on other servers and obey the law. It may very well be that no mainstream SS13 server supports the playstyle you want to play with. That's fine, but repeatedly getting into trouble on servers with more restricted rulesets will do more damage to your chances of appealing than not getting into any trouble at all. Just chillax.

I think if you can come back with a good enough history and examples of playing on servers while not breaking all their rules about being a self-antagging power-gremlin, Spook may be more willing to accept your appeal. They're genuinely one of the kindest admins we've got. So come back in 6 months with some good stories and good vibes from other servers pretty please!
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin