b]BYOND account:[/b] cocothegog0
Character name: Ceejay Ajay
Ban type: Server
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: Image
Time ban was placed: 2023-05-28 18:39:11
Server you were playing on when banned: Terry
Round ID in which ban was placed: 207077
Your side of the story: I late joined as Captain at around 3 minutes to the end of the round. To my knowledge, the heads of staff had called it at someone screaming cult round start with no proof. People were calling for blood but the escape shuttle was about to arrive so I ignored it. Admin intervention happened and they recalled it so I decided to do captain gameplay.

Code: Select all

03:31:48 GAME	Cocothegog0/(Ceejay Ajay) Client Cocothegog0/(Ceejay Ajay) has taken ownership of mob Ceejay Ajay(/mob/living/carbon/human)
03:31:53 SAY	Kawaiinick/(Maks Glen) "cap to bridge"
03:31:58 SAY	Madsenanders/(Boris Big) "ceejay execute command please"
03:32:03 SAY	Cocothegog0/(Ceejay Ajay) "why"
03:32:11 SAY	Madsenanders/(Boris Big) "they called shuttle 30 minutes into the shift"

03:33:31 GAME	Kubisopplay/(Hungry Newbern) triggered a CentCom recall, with the message of: Yeah, I expected this
There was a Centcom official on the station who was already grilling the acting cap for being shit, I liaised with them at this point people were asking for the heads to be killed called it, so I took the non-violent route and demoted so I demoted them in agreement with the other heads of staff. I have a note on my account as I play ss13 at work and occasionally I have to leave, this has been noted by Iain0. I told the other heads that I would go AFK and would come back. Then I was permabanned.

Code: Select all

04:12:07	SAY	Cocothegog0/(Ceejay Ajay) "im gonna go ssd for 5"	(67, 126, 5)	Bridge
04:12:10	SAY	Cocothegog0/(Ceejay Ajay) "drag me to shuttle"	(67, 126, 5)	Bridge
04:12:13	SAY	Cocothegog0/(Ceejay Ajay) "ill be back"
Why you think you should be unbanned: Why is this a permaban and not a head role ban? Striders13 banned me in February for around a month for having a no RP fight with someone in the game.viewtopic.php?f=34&t=33492&p=667579&hi Since then I haven't had a note or ban nor was I under the impression that this was my FINAL WARNING. I have never been banned for randomly demoting people and as said above, I did this as a non-violent alternative to promote roleplaying between players as it's more interesting than just people going unga mode because they're mad at the heads for being shit. With there already being a centcom official on the station and in conjunction with the admins recalling the shuttle I thought this was the correct course of action.

References of good conduct: I have only played on TG station since 2013 and have only been banned from heads roles when I first joined TG due DCing without notifying an admin.
Striders13
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Striders13

Re: [Striders13] Cocothegog0 - banned for demoting 2 heads of staff

Post by Striders13 » #694547

Hey, thanks for appealing. I tried contacting you next round but you were away, not a big deal, but, as a general practice, we do assume you have no defence when you're unable to respond. Your reasoning seems good enough, so I don't believe any kind of ban is necessary here, I'll lift the ban and remove the note shortly.
cocothegogo wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 9:22 pm Why is this a permaban and not a head role ban?
I'll be frank, your history is awful, and you should've been perma'd like 20 notes ago. Your account age does not excuse the amount of warning and bans you've acquired. In any case, I hope the break you took before appealing helped and you won't get in trouble again.
► Show Spoiler
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: [Striders13] Cocothegog0 - banned for demoting 2 heads of staff

Post by Vekter » #694991

Hi! The ban appears to have been lifted and the note deleted. I'll go ahead and move this on as resolved tomorrow if there's no further response.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you