[unknown] Discord ban

Post by EEBYDEEBY » #694936

BYOND account: Stevononono
Character name: Noms-the-Wires
Ban type: Discord
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: unknown, on my end it was for posting an NSFW image in #general
Time ban was placed: about a year ago, maybe more
Server you were playing on when banned: the discord server.
Round ID in which ban was placed: N/A
Your side of the story: Explain what happened in your own words:
we were joking about a onePiece meme and about 4 people goaded me into posting the one piece cock edit, which violated the server's no NSFW policy
Why you think you should be unbanned: It has been a while, and over the past few months I have been gradually improving. in terms of bans, my accounts are all but squeaky clean, with the only thing left up out of principle being notes, as I believe that for the most part, it's not worth the time or effort to attempt to remove something that anyways was probably justified. I am currently on Parole for a separate issue, as I am going to try to make an effort to clear the slate as much as I can. nobody likes an idiot. even fewer people hate an idiot who's aware that they're an idiot, and continues anyways to be an idiot without attempting to improve somewhat in the matter, for better or worse.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Re: [unknown] Discord ban

Post by Timberpoes » #694938

Banning mod was Omega. I've let them know.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Re: [Omega_DarkPotato] Discord ban

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #695004

► Show Spoiler
Ban reason and time, for reference.

This is an exceptionally stupid way to get banned, stating both that you intended on getting banned and then posting something that you'd get banned for.
The upside, however, is that it also means that the only thing you'd have to do to show to me that you won't cause problems again is by demonstrating that you wouldn't be, as stated previously, exceptionally stupid again.

Now, generally, discord bans get judged based on time away from the discord community since we don't really have a "vouch" system for a discord ban- but you've mentioned your history on the server as an example of how you are and how you've improved since your last ban.
Two notes in the same day you posted this.

Do you have any other evidence that you could swing my way as to why I should trust you back on the discord server?
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #695747

Hey, I'm going to be closing this if a response hasn't been made by this time next week.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
EEBYDEEBY

Post by EEBYDEEBY » #695893

the top note was genuinely me being stupid, but the second one is infact the message Ian0 put over my account as a parole because I've just made an appeal to be unbanned from OOC. he and I agreed that as long as there are no more instances of ick ock in over 2 months, I will get to keep OOC access... the adminhelp abuse was because each time they tried to lift the ban it wasn't working and there isn't a way to message admins outside of ahelps... It was the first, and will be the last time i abuse the ahelp system
context for that image of "time to get banned" was that about 5 people dared me to post a one piece edit and I only said that because I had a feeling it would put me on thin ice.

as for server history, I was more referencing my overall history, but I have yet to be banned as of late and my most serious offences have been nothing more than bad language
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #696243

Works enough for me, then.
don't do stupid shit on a dare, if you do you'll be back here and it'll be a tougher appeal next time, etc.

Cheers!
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!