MooCow12
Byond Username: MooCow12

[FatalX1] Moocow12 overescalation note adjustment

Post by MooCow12 » #696040

BYOND account: moocow12
Character name: Makes-the-Abomination
Ban type: Server
Ban length: 1 Day
Ban reason: Banned by host: You, or another user of this computer or connection (MooCow12) is banned from playing here. The ban reason is: Overescalation, killed the HOS after being permabrigged for having the hand tele, claiming having their heirloom taken off of them was reason enough for this, you can`t use having a bad character mood as justification for murder This ban (BanID #66776) was applied by FatalX1 on 2023-07-26 06:54:41 during round ID 211120. The ban is for 1 day and expires on 2023-07-28 06:54:41 (server time)

Time ban was placed: 6:51:41
Server you were playing on when banned: Sybil
Round ID in which ban was placed: Round ID, should be present in ban reason from server. Can be excluded if it cannot be found. Example: 211120
Your side of the story: Explain what happened in your own words.

I get into eva storage and get matts + tools (along with the hand tele because its not in its own secure storage on tram for some reason)

Sec team then chases me and arrests me for saying I`m a moist slippery lizard

Then Paris the Hos searches me and I ask "did you just random search me" and he says "yes I did" he finds the hand tele I got (from eva storage) and gets excited that he can perma me and says he will try to get authorization to execute me

he full strips me and puts me naked in perma without a single item and you guessed it, without my heirloom.

It takes me awhile to get the tools needed to break out and the only resistance I really faced was a tider (axlebrady) that ended up using the hand tele that paris left on the floor to get us both out (sec was too busy valid hunting / out of brig so it was mostly just a big big time cost for me to break out)

during the entire period my mood tanks (but luckily he left my heirloom on the floor for anyone to steal :D)

I get out of brig and announce that I was arrested and random searched and full stripped for saying I`m a moist lizard

captain or someone on radio yells at paris saying that they told him to put a tracker on me and release me / put me on parole and he obviously lies saying "sorry sometimes I turn my radio off" (This little obvious grudge followed by the obvious lie didnt bother me that much)

anyway later paris is in crit from being hit by the tram and I get him hit again to extend the duration he spends at medbay by a minute or two by making his health dip below an arbitary -100 which requires a 5 second defib ontop of the extra wound tending required (which doesnt matter because he dnr`d)

Why you think you should be unbanned: Why should you get this opportunity to return, what value do you bring back to the community? Was your ban unfair? Justify it.

I dont I just want the note to have more context.

I concede that heirloom deprivation/destruction in order to tank mood isnt murderable even if the murder only extended the time that the other player would sit out by a short period.

(But I do still see people slash already dead corpses to delay revival of people they have a grudge against and people have done that to me several times including this particular player so I`ll just be mindful of the little arbitrary life/death threshold)

I also concede that the hand tele is something that you can permabrig/full strip for
(even though there is an obvious disconnect from map makers if they are putting it in eva storage on tram)

I`ll even concede that I cant escalate over him not releasing me when he was told to (I didnt even bring it up because I dont think its a big deal it happens a lot)

But what I won`t concede is the note implying that my bad mood from heirloom deprivation was the only justification I used to kill him, even if you disagree that me being random searched was a valid reason, I did keep bringing it up, even if you called it an administrative issue, its still something I brought up even if its wrong (just like me killing over the heirloom deprivation) and therefore it should be included in the note.

He even admitted it was a random search when I asked immediately after he did it.

Anything else we should know: I want to know how your day is going
theREALsomah69
Byond Username: Somah69

Re: [FatalX1] Moocow12 overescalation note adjustment

Post by theREALsomah69 » #696041

I played the HOS, and It was far from a random search. An assistant reported that you stole the hand tele. I told you it was a random search to troll.
MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #696042

theREALsomah69 wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 8:10 am I played the HOS, and It was far from a random search. An assistant reported that you stole the hand tele. I told you it was a random search to troll.
Must have been a pda message cause the other seccies gasped when you found it, was very convincing that it was a random search xd

but still I think me constantly bringing it up as a cumulative reason to escalate should be included in the note, even if its both factually and morally wrong for me to act based on it.

Otherwise how will admins notice a trend of me over escalating over a perceived random search if its not documented
theREALsomah69
Byond Username: Somah69

Post by theREALsomah69 » #696044

MooCow12 wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 8:12 am
theREALsomah69 wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 8:10 am I played the HOS, and It was far from a random search. An assistant reported that you stole the hand tele. I told you it was a random search to troll.
Must have been a pda message cause the other seccies gasped when you found it, was very convincing that it was a random search xd

but still I think me constantly bringing it up as a cumulative reason to escalate should be included in the note, even if its both factually and morally wrong for me to act based on it.

Otherwise how will admins notice a trend of me over escalating over a random search
I may have said why I arrested you later I forgor tho. but if it was that convincing I think ur entitled to escalate right?
MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #696045

theREALsomah69 wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 8:16 am
I may have said why I arrested you later I forgor tho. but if it was that convincing I think ur entitled to escalate right?
The admin said that random searches are an administrative issue ie i cant do anything ic about it for some reason.

They also said they asked for a second opinion but couldnt get one.

So I`ll just stick to silly punishments like spraying acid on the armory for random searching.
Fatal
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: FatalX1

Post by Fatal » #696050

If you felt it was a random search, and it wasn't actually a random search..do you want that adding to the note? That's all I'm seeing here
MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #696052

Fatal wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 8:38 am If you felt it was a random search, and it wasn't actually a random search..do you want that adding to the note? That's all I'm seeing here
Yes, although the actuality of it being a random search or not is irrelevant if im not allowed to act based on that regardless, that additional context could be helpful anyway.
Fatal
In-Game Admin

Post by Fatal » #696053

Sure, I don't mind adding it, given it was part of your reasoning
Fatal
In-Game Admin

Post by Fatal » #696054

Okay, note now reads:

Overescalation, killed the HOS after being permabrigged for having the hand tele, claiming having their heirloom taken off them was reason enough for this, you can't use having a bad character mood as justification for murder - Also partial justification being that they felt the HOS had random searched them because the HOS had said as much, despite it not being the case

This won't show up for you on the ban reason but the associated note has been edited and will be visible in your admin remarks

Hope this is satisfactory for you
MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #696056

That works for me, the other stuff isnt really worth the effort and i kind of want to be banned because ive been procrastinating from coding anyway.
Fatal
In-Game Admin

Post by Fatal » #696069

Okay great, I'll close this

Otherwise, if you do have security saying "yes that was a random search" by all means, adminhelp it, I know I'd be quite happy to speak to the security doing that and telling them not to (especially for "trolling" because it's really not funny) and I imagine most other admins would agree