Imitates-The-Lizards
Byond Username: Typhnox

(RaveRadbury) Typhnox - Player's Club subforum ban

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #697145

BYOND account: Typhnox
Character name: Imitates-The-Lizards
Ban type: Player's Club sub-forum
Ban length: Unspecified
Ban reason: This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=83&p=660979#p660979

You really can't seem to avoid taking bait and not engaging this stuff. You've been warned about this and since then you acknowledge your warning while still taking the bait.

We can't trust you to engage peanut threads without stirring up drama. For this reason you're being banned from the Player's Club board.
(Currently we do not have that permission set up so until then you will be generally forum banned. Sorry for the inconvenience.)
Time ban was placed: Fri Jan 06, 2023 4:56 pm
Server you were playing on when banned: N/A
Round ID in which ban was placed: N/A
Your side of the story: A drama tier list thread was made on the Player's Club sub-forum in this thread:
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Naturally, as the topic of the thread was all the past drama of the last year, it ended up with people reviving my drama. Again. I made one or two posts but generally tried to avoid my own personal drama, however, there were a couple of posts made in the thread which related to my drama which I felt compelled to address - namely, Axle gave pretty good reasons as to why the retraction statement I issued regarding my opinion which started my drama may not have been genuine: He rightfully pointed out that I may have felt compelled to post a retraction statement due to the large number of people calling me a god damn pedophile, rather than because my opinion actually changed. I responded to this post by explaining why my retraction statement was genuine, and a couple of posts after that which were in response to my post in the thread.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I'll start this simply:

Thank you.

No, really. This ban was a good thing. It gave me the distance I needed to more effectively reflect on my social actions within the community, because it isolated me from the drama for a while. While I still maintain that the foundation of the ban was unjust, it was ultimately a good thing for me, so I won't hold it against you.

I could re-iterate all of the various arguments I put forth in my last appeal about why this ban was unjust, but they weren't effective then, so I doubt they will be effective now, because this ban was not placed out of concern of me breaking the rules, it was placed because my presence continued to cause drama, and I think you were genuinely concerned for me, as well as the social fabric of the community in general. If you want to go re-read them anyway, you can simply view my last appeal here:
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Instead, I will just ask you to please consider my wishes to re-integrate to the community at large. Like I said in my appeal to melbert, which I'm certain you will additionally read, I can't promise to be a drama-free existence, but I can promise I at least will not engage this particular drama without consulting a friendly admin first, and I will promise to at least try not to make any more statements which will cause months-long drama festivals. I don't really want a repeat of what happened.
References of good conduct: Well, I was never banned from the game servers, but I have only 2 minor negative notes in my over 2k hours of play on Sybil, and 0 bans ever. You have a vast treasure trove of my game logs you could pore over for additional information, if you should so wish to do so, but, based on that record, I think it's quite fair of me to say my ratio of notes:playtime is probably one of the best in the entire community if you disregard new players with 0 notes. Not that my conduct on the server was ever in question for this ban, but, hey, if I can point you to resources that you have at your disposal that show I'm good, I should point them out, right?
Anything else we should know: I simply wish to be given the opportunity to re-integrate myself. I very much love this community even despite this drama and it's negative impact it had on my own mental health. I still play very regularly on Sybil, I donate to the servers, I regularly report issues to the github, and I still dream of making Game Admin some day, even though I'm certain most people think I don't have a snowball's chance in hell of that happening.
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Re: (RaveRadbury) Typhnox - Player's Club subforum ban

Post by RaveRadbury » #697273

Gonna lift this.

It sounds like you've come to understand what the purpose of the ban was and taken the opportunity to benefit from it, which is great to hear!

This appeal largely does not mention any of the content having to do with the drama that caused the ban, I would prefer that it had none of the content but I still see this as a demonstration of the kind of "don't engage, let it pass" behavior that we need to see from you. At this point there's not really anything that you can say that will help on a scale large enough to matter, you only run a great risk of fanning the flames and drawing more attention.

In the future if you find yourself writing a post that contains "admins don't want me to say anything, but" or similar, please don't post that. Consider disengaging from the thread completely. Add people who incite that kind of post from you to your forum foe list.

I hope you enjoy your time back in the Player's Club. I would recommend not reading any threads about yourself. Please know that if you get mired in this again you might find yourself in this position or worse.
Imitates-The-Lizards
Byond Username: Typhnox

Re: (RaveRadbury) Typhnox - Player's Club subforum ban

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #697277

I understand. Thank you for your understanding Rave. I'll do my best.

We can consider this appeal amicably resolved.