[Kinnebian] Max260 - Permaban after account hacked.

Appeals which have been closed.
Max260
Byond Username: Max260

[Kinnebian] Max260 - Permaban after account hacked.

Post by Max260 » #702579

BYOND account: Max260
Character name: idk
Ban type: Cheating (hacked acc)
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: Banned by host: You, or another user of this computer or connection (Max260) is banned from playing here. The ban reason is: Cheaters are not allowed here. Dumb enough to use the same name on the website they got the cheat from. this ban (BanID #66627) was applied by Kinnebian on 2023-07-12 23:53:42 during round ID 210136. This is a permanent ban.
Time ban was placed: 2023-07-12 23:53:42
Round ID in which ban was placed: 210136
Your side of the story: I just tried to sign into my account months after my last playtime and found that not only was I banned for cheating but when I tried to sign into the forums I was denied because my account email and password were found on over 13 different sites.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I was not cheating and never will cheat. My account was inappropriately accessed.
References of good conduct: N/A
Anything else we should know: I had no clue my acc was compromised i play this game on and off it was fucked up to find out that my acc is fucked because of this.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: [Kinnebian] Max260 - Permaban after account hacked.

Post by Vekter » #702582

Hello! Kinnebian retired for a while so I'll take this over.

I'm investigating this issue at the moment and will respond when I have something for you.

E: I'm not interested in lifting this ban at this time. While I can't divulge the reason or method, we have enough evidence to be 100% certain you were using hacks on our server. Additionally, in the off-chance you weren't, you are still responsible for the security of your account. We can't risk that you'd be hacked again and someone join and use hacks as before.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Max260

Post by Max260 » #702584

Vekter wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 2:14 am Hello! Kinnebian retired for a while so I'll take this over.

I'm investigating this issue at the moment and will respond when I have something for you.

E: I'm not interested in lifting this ban at this time. While I can't divulge the reason or method, we have enough evidence to be 100% certain you were using hacks on our server. Additionally, in the off-chance you weren't, you are still responsible for the security of your account. We can't risk that you'd be hacked again and someone join and use hacks as before.
So are you closing this or not. I guarantee that after this there won't be any risk concerning the security of my account, I've learned my lesson from this
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #702585

Max260 wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 2:41 am So are you closing this or not. I guarantee that after this there won't be any risk concerning the security of my account, I've learned my lesson from this
I am denying your appeal.

You are entitled to request a review by the head admins, but I'll tell you it's not likely that they overturn this given the evidence we have.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

Max260

Post by Max260 » #702586

I've had like 400 hrs playing on this server it's really ridiculous this is how I'll have to leave even when the forum itself seems to know that my account was majorly compromised and there was no failsafe or recourse for what happened. It sucks
Max260

Post by Max260 » #702587

Vekter wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 2:45 am
Max260 wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 2:41 am So are you closing this or not. I guarantee that after this there won't be any risk concerning the security of my account, I've learned my lesson from this

You are entitled to request a review by the head admins, but I'll tell you it's not likely that they overturn this given the evidence we have.
What evidence? I'm willing to do anything to get this appealed because i'm SURE OF MY INNOCENCE. I would appreciate any direction you could give me here, this is crazy
Max260

Post by Max260 » #702588

Vekter wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 2:45 am

I'm not sure how to appeal to the head admins for an unban
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #702589

Max260 wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 2:47 am What evidence? I'm willing to do anything to get this appealed because i'm SURE OF MY INNOCENCE. I would appreciate any direction you could give me here, this is crazy
I cannot divulge the evidence we have because it could result in other hackers finding ways to circumvent our detection systems.

I'll inform the head admins that you're requesting a review.
Spoiler:

Max260

Post by Max260 » #702590

Vekter wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 2:49 am
Max260 wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 2:47 am What evidence? I'm willing to do anything to get this appealed because i'm SURE OF MY INNOCENCE. I would appreciate any direction you could give me here, this is crazy
I cannot divulge the evidence we have because it could result in other hackers finding ways to circumvent our detection systems.

I'll inform the head admins that you're requesting a review.
Thank you I'm also in the Discord and will call and do anything to confirm that I'm serious abt this
Fikou
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Fikou
Github Username: Fikou

Post by Fikou » #702654

Hello, in your appeal you completely ignored the
Dumb enough to use the same name on the website they got the cheat from.
part.
Can you explain why the account with your exact name was found commenting on an SS13 cheat client forum thread?
Max260

Post by Max260 » #702672

Fikou wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 4:47 pm Hello, in your appeal you completely ignored the
Dumb enough to use the same name on the website they got the cheat from.
part.
Can you explain why the account with your exact name was found commenting on an SS13 cheat client forum thread?
What forum exactly? I'm not sure how to explain this, I've never cheated in this game or had any interest in it lmao I mean it's not exactly cod or anything
Fikou
In-Game Game Master

Post by Fikou » #702680

For obvious reasons, I'm not gonna share the name in this thread. It has been DM'd to you.
Max260

Post by Max260 » #702681

Fikou wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:18 pm For obvious reasons, I'm not gonna share the name in this thread. It has been DM'd to you.
This doesn't even make sense. Why would I use the exact same name as on this forum and my BYOND acc to download cheats with. I've never even used that website this is BS.Irregardless I have never cheated or been reported for cheating. Wtf
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #702717

• Somebody (who you claim to not be you) registered an account on the cheater forums under the username Max260 around the 2nd of november.
  • That day you ended a short dry spell of playing /tg/station and start playing again, playing multiple rounds every day until you got a day ban for being too eager to fight, after which you started to play less.
  • One day during this spell of playtime activity You join sybil, a few minutes later on the cheater forums, somebody with the same username as you (Max260) posts in the ss13 cheats thread asking if the cheat still works, than a few minutes after that you disconnected from sybil and then reconnect to it before joining the round
The timing sucks for you my dude.

Hacker? unlikely, same ip address block and byond computerid as you used during every other connection to our servers.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
Max260

Post by Max260 » #702720

MrStonedOne wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 9:45 am
  • Somebody (who you claim to not be you) registered an account on the cheater forums under the username Max260 around the 2nd of november.
  • That day you ended a short dry spell of playing /tg/station and start playing again, playing multiple rounds every day until you got a day ban for being too eager to fight, after which you started to play less.
  • One day during this spell of playtime activity You join sybil, a few minutes later on the cheater forums, somebody with the same username as you (Max260) posts in the ss13 cheats thread asking if the cheat still works, than a few minutes after that you disconnected from sybil and then reconnect to it before joining the round
The timing sucks for you my dude.

Hacker? unlikely, same ip address block and cid as you used during every other connection to our servers.
I'm going to be upfront with you and tell you that I don't even remember making an account on that website. I never cheated and never will so how is a perma necessary based off circumstantial evidence from almost a year ago
Max260

Post by Max260 » #702723

Well I'm just gonna ask for forgiveness here I do enjoy this game and was curious about hacking in byond but I never actually used or downloaded any cheats. So that's it
Max260

Post by Max260 » #702724

Help
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #702725

I am glad we got that out of the way, I will return this ban back to the control of the headmins and they will decide your fate.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
Max260

Post by Max260 » #702726

MrStonedOne wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 11:02 am I am glad we got that out of the way, I will return this ban back to the control of the headmins and they will decide your fate.
Thank you
Fikou
In-Game Game Master

Post by Fikou » #702740

Hello!
The current headmin term has let us (the next term) do the review on this one:
Your retreating in the appeal, not having come clean from the start together with "joins server, at the same time goes on a cheating forum to ask if the cheats work (seems like they failed for em), autoafks out of server" does not give us confidence in the fact you never downloaded any cheat and that you are a person we can trust.

As such, this appeal is denied, you can appeal again in a year.