termaus
Byond Username: Termaus

[Arianya] termaus - ban evased almost

Post by termaus » #705139

BYOND account: Termaus
Character name: Rayner Hutton
Ban type: Server
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: Attempted ban evasion. Lied in a ticket about this matter.
Time ban was placed: 2023-09-21 15:42:22
Server you were playing on when banned: Terry
Round ID in which ban was placed: 215033
Your side of the story: Monday I was banned for two days with thea reason of breaking rule 1. Since it was just two days I didn't care to appeal, as I could defend myself aganist the rule breachment.Today while playing, I got a ticket opened asking me if I had any alt accounts. I explained that both me and my brother used same computer and he had an account he seldomly played. Next thing I know is I got permad.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I did try to enter the server with said other account while mine was banned. I wouldnt do things that could get me banned anyway but theres no way of admins knowing that. I am a returning player, I forgot evading was a thing. Even with this, theres this issue about my two day ban. I can argue that said reason of my ban's a part is an IC issue. Still, I accept that I wasnt acting so thoughtfully and didnt want to cause drama with trying to appeal it. I dont think I should be banner permanently because of such a small issue like this. I am a moderately old player that seen many disgusting cases where people like they should be community removed and thinking about my ban just feels harsh. I am not a child I can be docile when needed.
References of good conduct:
Anything else we should know: As I said, I was a returning player where I couldnt do things I was used to, I forgot the rule about bans and I wish no ill intentions. When I am a traitor I try to assasinate at the end of the round so that people can enjoy the game. I aint that bad.
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Re: [Arianya] termaus - ban evased almost

Post by Arianya » #705142

Hi, thanks for your appeal!

Could you confirm the username of your (or your brother's) alt(s)?
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
termaus

Post by termaus » #705148

His account goes by acacia avenue
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #705334

Thanks for that - basically, we take ban evasion very seriously - breaking the rules is one thing, but trying to flaunt the ban system basically attempts to invalidate the ban and appeals system, and isn't really fair to other players who have to take their lumps, one way or another!

For this reason, I was always sceptical when this evasion came to my attention, but I opted to contact you to see if you came clean about the attempt, meriting some leniency for honesty - when you said the only alt was your siblings (which, regardless of its truth or lack thereof, looked intensely suspicious when the account had tried to login mere hours after your ban after *months* of inactivity) and then feigned not knowing the name of the account you had tried to login with, it became clear to me you weren't being honest with me.

For this reason I placed the ban attached.
I did try to enter the server with said other account while mine was banned. I wouldn't do things that could get me banned anyway but theres no way of admins knowing that.
While I appreciate your honesty now, its a bit too little too late - and indeed, no matter whether your intentions were to play normally or to grief, evasion is not allowed.
I forgot evading was a thing.
To be clear, you tried to login with the termaus account, saw the ban message, and then several hours later tried to login with the acaciaavenue account - I don't think this was a case of forgetting that evasion was a thing, I think this was an attempt to get in later when you wanted to play.
I dont think I should be banner permanently because of such a small issue like this.
Ban evasion is anything but small - its one of the few things that can lead to you taking a permanent holiday from the server. My suggestion, however, would be to play on some other SS13 server for say 2 months and come back here with a vouch of good behaviour.

While I appreciate a ban never feels good, please take this more as a case of you having crossed a line you shouldn't have, as opposed to you being indicted as a "terrible" player or the like - if you come with the mentioned vouch I'd have little compunction with giving you a second chance.

Due to the nature of ban appeals and the two bans not being related except by timing, I won't comment on your 2 day ban that has since elapsed - if you have any issues with the note from that ban, I would ask you raise it in it's own ban appeal.
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
termaus

Post by termaus » #705339

I don't think this was a case of forgetting that evasion was a thing, I think this was an attempt to get in later when you wanted to play.
Yeah exactly like that. I wanted to play but I forgot about evasing rule so it was too late for me. Its my fault that I didnt read the rules coming back to a server but I cant play any other server as I am hyper used to tg codebase. If we cant bargain, I may as well as never play this game again. It could be ok too if it was just converted to a rather time ban but as I said, I cant play any other server. I will literally have a mental breakdown trying to get used to it.
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TheBibleMelts

Post by TheBibleMelts » #705608

locking and shuffling this off to resolved tomorrow unless there's anything worth adding here, i believe ari has denied this appeal.