Appeals which have been closed.
Bautista

[TheBibleMelts] Bautista - ban evasion missunderstanding

Post by Bautista » #705377

BYOND account: Bautista
Character name: Tyrone The III
Ban type: Server
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: likely ban evasion, joined the round as a new account indicate knowing how to play at a level above account age and tried to gib a co-worker whit a shuttle unsuccessfully, logged of 20 sec after being asked why. (i literally died from the shuttle)
Time ban was placed: 2023-09-23 19:48:04
Server you were playing on when banned: Terry
Round ID in which ban was placed: 215169
Your side of the story: So first of all, i played ss14 before ss13, i started playing ss14 yesterday and i have learnt the basics, and i read that ss13 is better because it has a lot more features, so i try it out today. but what i am noticing is its laggy and stuff so i am just messing around and contemplating if its worth it instead of ss14 and trying out stuff, constantly switching between the games, thats why i left constantly and also i was trying different servers too, and with "trying to gib a co-worker" i was just trying to pull him into space i didnt know there was a shuttle coming. like i said i died when the shuttle teleported so i just left cause i wasnt gonna wait 40 mins
Why you think you should be unbanned: because i am not ban evading
Anything else we should know: its crazy that with absolutely no evidence and pure speculation you perma banned me for playing "too well" for a day old account, like i couldnt have watched youtube tutorials or played the new game first
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TheBibleMelts

Re: [TheBibleMelts] Bautista - ban evasion missunderstanding

Post by TheBibleMelts » #705380

Bautista wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 8:59 pm BYOND account: Bautista
Character name: Tyrone The III
Ban type: Server
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: likely ban evasion, joined the round as a new account indicate knowing how to play at a level above account age and tried to gib a co-worker whit a shuttle unsuccessfully, logged of 20 sec after being asked why. (i literally died from the shuttle)
Time ban was placed: 2023-09-23 19:48:04
Server you were playing on when banned: Terry
Round ID in which ban was placed: 215169
Your side of the story: So first of all, i played ss14 before ss13, i started playing ss14 yesterday and i have learnt the basics, and i read that ss13 is better because it has a lot more features, so i try it out today. but what i am noticing is its laggy and stuff so i am just messing around and contemplating if its worth it instead of ss14 and trying out stuff, constantly switching between the games, thats why i left constantly and also i was trying different servers too, and with "trying to gib a co-worker" i was just trying to pull him into space i didnt know there was a shuttle coming. like i said i died when the shuttle teleported so i just left cause i wasnt gonna wait 40 mins
Why you think you should be unbanned: because i am not ban evading
Anything else we should know: its crazy that with absolutely no evidence and pure speculation you perma banned me for playing "too well" for a day old account, like i couldnt have watched youtube tutorials or played the new game first
typically, players with this young of an account struggle with the concept of switching hands. i saw you performing a few actions that were pretty beyond that in terms of inventory management, and then seeing you try to kill a co-worker for no reason pretty much ticked all the signs that i was looking at a ban evader. you also immediately disconnected when I pm'd you about it, which is also a pretty bad look no matter what the problem is.

before we move forward, i do have another question - are there any other accounts you have here that we should know about?
Bautista

Post by Bautista » #705382

any other accounts where? i dont really understand this question but im gonna say no, and i did not see your PM
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master

Post by TheBibleMelts » #705391

Bautista wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 9:16 pm any other accounts where? i dont really understand this question but im gonna say no, and i did not see your PM
any other BYOND accounts, that is.
Bautista

Post by Bautista » #705398

no i dont have any other accounts that you should know about
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master

Post by TheBibleMelts » #705475

that is unfortunate, because i have something that indicates otherwise. i'm going to be denying this appeal, sorry dude.