snakeiter
Byond Username: Snakeiter

[Domitius] Snakeiter - Ban for a new player from 2 years ago

Post by snakeiter » #705546

BYOND account: Snakeiter
Character name: I do not remember, the ban was executed 2 years ago
Ban type: Server
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: Snakeiter and Adiwojak were using metacomms and ganged up to kill a chef as non-antags.
Time ban was placed: 2021-02-09 17:58:37
Server you were playing on when banned: I am not sure, because as I have stated above - this ban was executed 2 years ago. However I think it might have been Terry.
Round ID in which ban was placed: 156030
Your side of the story: My friend at the time asked me to download this game and join a server he picked. I've had no clue what I was doing, so when he told me to start attacking some random chef I didn't question him that much. Fast forward 2 years and my current friends offer to teach me how to actually play this game. But to my surprise when I tried to join the server I've found out that I have been banned here for past 2 years.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I've had no idea what I was doing back then. I was told to do something stupid without any knowledge about the game I was playing at the moment. My former friend used me for couple cheap laughs, and I just went on with his dumb plan. I want to apologize to every player that has had a round ruined because of my behaviour.
Anything else we should know: I didn't even launch SS13 during the period of my ban. My sole wish is to learn how to play this game and to have fun while playing in your community. I don't think that this ban was granted unjustifiably, however I wanted to ask for second chance, as well as for your forgivness and understanding.
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TheBibleMelts

Re: [Domitius] Snakeiter - Ban for a new player from 2 years ago

Post by TheBibleMelts » #706058

domi says he's cool with lifting this ban.

a reminder of our rules against this.
2. Do not use information gained outside of in-character means.
I.e. metagaming. This especially refers to communication between players outside of the game via things like Discord, known as metacomms. Characters are otherwise allowed to know everything about ingame mechanics or antagonists, as well as keep persistent friendships or relationships with other characters when not for the purpose of unfair advantage by teaming up together for little IC reason.
if you're caught anywhere close to breeching this again, you will not be given another chance. something every player agrees to in order to facilitate fair play is to abide by this, and any breeches are treated very harshly.
snakeiter
Byond Username: Snakeiter

Re: [Domitius] Snakeiter - Ban for a new player from 2 years ago

Post by snakeiter » #706166

I have taken my time to read the rules this time, so I don't think it will be a problem this time. Thank you for this opportunity and have a nice day!