Byond Username: BlueMemesauce

[DISCORD] <Stella and a bunch of letters and emojis#9716>

Post by BlueMemesauce » #706074

Discord username: Stella and a bunch of letters and emojis#9716
Commonly used names: Stella
Banning admin: Hulkmania
Ban reason: https://media.discordapp.net/attachment ... c60b03.png
Time ban was placed: 10/03/2020
Your side of the story: It is true that I said something similar to this statement, although not that exact statement People were constantly baiting me by asking me "Do you support sending Uyghurs to camps?" Which is a loaded question because "camps" is a meaningless buzzword with its only purpose to make you think more negative of something. (For example North Korean prison "camps", they're just prisons.) But I said that I supported the camps in Xinjiang because I believe the vocational centers were actually an effective anti-terrorism strategy.

Anyway, seeing the previous appeal a year or so where another guy got banned for denying Bosnian genocide, arguing for my views is pointless as my views have been deemed wrong and I don't have the speech skills to convince anyone. So I will try to convince you another way.

Denying the Uyghur genocide was just one part of my ban. The other part is about how I was being edgy.
It is true that I was being kind of edgy and constantly trying to convince people in the debate channel. But I'm not really good at debating so all this did was make people annoyed. This is probably part of the reason why people were baiting me to get me banned. I deleted all of my messages because to try to avoid this, but I was banned anyway.

It's been 3 years since my ban and I believe I have matured alot. I will no longer act edgy or annoying.

Why you think you should be unbanned:
Hopefully we can look past my politically incorrect views and focus on how I have become more mature.

Only ever getting 2 notes during my entire 4 years on tg station.
Contributing to the github a couple times.
Not getting banned in any of the forum drama.
Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Hulkamania

Re: [DISCORD] <Stella and a bunch of letters and emojis#9716>

Post by Hulkamania » #706078

At the time of your ban you'd posted a video of people getting stabbed in china, an image that was since removed, and links to political pundits as evidence of your claims. Are these still views that you support? We don't exactly just ban people over political views in the politics channel, that's what it's for, but you went out of your way to post some dubious information.

I will have you know, you did in fact say the exact statement "I support sending muslims to concentration camps" which is the primary reason this ban was completely triggered. This was a statement made in either DM's or another discord but when it was posted you did not deny it, and in fact said it was better than what the US does to mexicans.
BlueMemesauce

Post by BlueMemesauce » #706082

Hulkamania wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 12:08 am At the time of your ban you'd posted a video of people getting stabbed in china, an image that was since removed, and links to political pundits as evidence of your claims. Are these still views that you support? We don't exactly just ban people over political views in the politics channel, that's what it's for, but you went out of your way to post some dubious information.
I apologize for being edgy. I thought at the time that posting the video would help to convince people, but now I understand why it is not appropriate to send videos with such imagery. I don't really know whats the problem with "links to political pundits" though, when I look it up it just says a reporter who gives opinions over a subject area.
Hulkamania wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 12:08 am I will have you know, you did in fact say the exact statement "I support sending muslims to concentration camps" which is the primary reason this ban was completely triggered. This was a statement made in either DM's or another discord but when it was posted you did not deny it, and in fact said it was better than what the US does to mexicans.
So I was right, and I said a different statement? Not sure why you said "you did in fact say the exact statement".
The point was, I was responding to someone else asking the loaded question if I support sending Muslims to concentration camps. I wasn't just saying "Muslims belong in concentration camps" without context.
Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Hulkamania

Post by Hulkamania » #706195

I'm already inclined to deny this, but speaking with one of our headmins they have also expressed an interest in denying this as well, so on those grounds I'm just going to call this appeal a solid "no"
BlueMemesauce

Post by BlueMemesauce » #706201

I request a headmin review, it has been 3 years and I have matured greatly over that period. I didn't understand why it was wrong to post media that featured violent content at the time.
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TheBibleMelts

Post by TheBibleMelts » #706212

BlueMemesauce wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 9:53 pm I request a headmin review, it has been 3 years and I have matured greatly over that period. I didn't understand why it was wrong to post media that featured violent content at the time.
requested, and denied. i know, i can't imagine a worse violation of your basic human rights than to bar you from shitposting on our discord either.

cheshify had a more comprehensive response with their vote to uphold.

chesh: "Due to the content posted, we have no interest in welcoming you back to the community. You have a critical lack of understanding as to why you were banned, and what's wrong with the material posted, which is more than 'being edgy'."