[Unknown] Violaceus - notes

Appeals which have been closed.
Violaceus
Byond Username: Violaceus

[Unknown] Violaceus - notes

Post by Violaceus » #706708

BYOND account: Violaceus
Character name: Don't remember, most likely "Alexiel Delacour".
Ban type: n/a, note
Ban length: n/a, note
Ban reason: 1. Is using the middle click aimbot exploit, 2. Detected as using a cid randomizer.
Time ban was placed: 1. 2018-09-05 18:05:04, 2. 2018-02-04 01:59:47
Server you were playing on when banned: Bagil
Round ID in which ban was placed: 1. Round 93491, 2. Round 83036
Your side of the story: There is no story, I didn't know of those notes till the notes became public. I also think the notes were placed by some sort of automated system.
Why you think you should be unbanned:
Never before reading the notes the thought of using aimbots and CID randomizers came to my mind in the context of SS13. I don't know how can I prove this, this is entirely false and probably a result of a faulty detection system. I ask for removal of them.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: [Unknown] Violaceus - notes

Post by Vekter » #706710

Hey gamer, let me look into this for you.

I wanna say the middle click aimbot one is okay to remove but I need to ask the coders if it's even still relevant. I'll see if there's anything to the CID randomizer thing.

E: I think we're going to have to keep these notes. The general consensus is that, as long as you're playing fairly, these notes will have zero impact on you whatsoever. If you aren't, then they can be valuable indicators as to behavior down the line. I understand you might have concerns about being treated unfairly because of these notes, but we don't tend to actually act on hacking accusations unless we're 100% sure you're cheating.

In short, I won't be able to remove these notes, but they shouldn't be a concern as long as you're playing fair.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Violaceus
Byond Username: Violaceus

Post by Violaceus » #706717

I understand your stance, however it is my opinion that your system just provides false positives.
Thank you for response.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #706735

Violaceus wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 2:11 am I understand your stance, however it is my opinion that your system just provides false positives.
Thank you for response.
It's possible, which is why we don't take those notes by themselves as indication of wrongdoing, only using them to inform us in case we notice oddities in how you play. You've been around for ages now, so I imagine you're on the up-and-up, but we see value in keeping them just in case. Thanks for understanding, though.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you