[SOME ADMIN YEARS AGO] the gamer formerly known as remanseptim | even if i get unbanned i probably won't play much ™

Appeals which have been closed.
8bot
Byond Username: 8botticus

[SOME ADMIN YEARS AGO] the gamer formerly known as remanseptim | even if i get unbanned i probably won't play much ™

Post by 8bot » #707345

BYOND account: 8botticus, formerly Remanseptim
Character name: Zachary Chester probably
Ban type: Server
Ban length: Permanent!!!! Eternity!!!
Ban reason: I don't know exactly since I can't nab it easily, but I recall getting bwoinked and the admin asking if I'd improve my behavior. I promptly replied, "no" and issued my last request: Being turned into bread. After that I was permabanned and fucked off for two years.
Time ban was placed: No clue chief, probably around 2 years ago though.
Server you were playing on when banned: Probably Bagil but might've been Sybil
Round ID in which ban was placed: Thousands of rounds ago I'd wager.
Your side of the story: I was playing Zachary Chester the amazing cat, and got locked in the showroom. As I was a non-human, AI refused my pleas to let me out, so I began spamming, "AI! Door!" and variations thereof in common radio channel, all manually typed. The goal was to annoy the AI into freeing me. AI tried suffocating me, I think. Anyways, admin bwoinked me and said I could just ask for a teleport out, which legitimately did not occur to me because I was taking the whole thing (spam included, as I was typing it as dialogue) IC. I was already soured on the server and disillusioned from previous events like Jackriip getting blacklisted and a few of my friends getting beaned. Admin scolded me for being a naughty boy and asked if I'd improve my behavior, to which I said 'no', got turned into bread, and permanently beaned.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I know the rules and intend to follow them, simple as. As proof of that, I'm applying for this unban on my new account (8botticus), which apparently doesn't get flagged by the alt-detection system. My old, currently-banned account (Remanseptim) is cosigned to the annals of history, and when I was checking out the game after a long break, I decided to connect to TG to see if I was banned on this one. I wasn't, and dicked around a bit as a greyshirt, which is technically ban evading - more born out of my surprise that I was even able to connect. I actually weighed my options after a while: I could continue playing like this, or be honest and fess up about it. I chose the latter. Even if you choose to keep me perma-ultra-superbanned, the fate of my new account's up to you.

As for what I bring to the community, I can't really rate myself above an average player. Most people that were around back 2 years ago probably remember me as the Amazing Greytiding Cat or Cumbrain the Valid Clown (my record for being lynched is 15 seconds after roundstart), but outside of the aforementioned shenanigans, I'm keen for both roleplay and keeping a round's momentum going. I don't take deaths personally and try to stay true to the spirit of the game - to a fault, sometimes, but I'm happy to go with whatever flow we have now.
Anything else we should know: Old account's basically dead and buried, linked to one of my alt emails and not a name I go by anymore, thus me just coming on an alt. I still have access to my old forum account, I think, I haven't tried logging onto it though. I just have the autofill for the password.

Also, I think I got a permanent clown ban BEFORE the perma server ban, in case individual job bans will still apply in the event of me getting unbanned.

I haven't really played that much on other servers. Took the occasional visit, but Gooncode's just too painful to learn and the other tg servers just make me wonder "Why don't I just play TG?"

WARNING: I got a new gaming mouse and a gaming chair so I am 500% more robust than before
TheRex9001
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rex9001

Re: [SOME ADMIN YEARS AGO] the gamer formerly known as remanseptim | even if i get unbanned i probably won't play much ™

Post by TheRex9001 » #707346

I believe the permanent ban was placed by mralphonzo.
Here is the reason: "Banned from the server permanently - Pulled aside for half of the days they've played in the last month. Unresponsive to warnings. Admitted they have no intention of improving."
8bot

Re: [SOME ADMIN YEARS AGO] the gamer formerly known as remanseptim | even if i get unbanned i probably won't play much ™

Post by 8bot » #707347

above post is correct, i think the 'pulled aside' part is to do with the perma clown ban I got, as well as some other things I can't place at the moment. probably greyshirt related.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #707360

Hey gamer, welcome back. Alphonzo retired back in May, so I'll take over on this.

Give me some time to look into this and your history on other servers. I'll have an answer for you as soon as I can.

E: Alright, so I'm not seeing any bans on other servers for anything really relevant. Your notes don't paint a good picture, but based on your last discussion with Alphonzo, I think I can attribute that more to just burnout dumbassery than actual malice. Here's what we'll do: I'll let you come back on the stipulation that your note history from Remanseptim will carry over to 8botticus, so any repeat of the same things you were banned for before (rule 8 toeing, spamming, self-antagging) will end you up back at square one. As long as you can stay away from those behaviors, we should be good. Understood?

E2: I just noticed that you were banned before we introduced rule 11. You were never really a concern as far as things that rule covers, but I still highly recommend you read and understand it - it's a rule admins are quick to enforce and with a relatively heavy hand.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
8bot

Post by 8bot » #707394

aye, understood
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #707406

Alright, you're unbanned. I've kept Remanseptim banned and 8botticus has been unbanned. Ping me on Discord if you're having issues connecting.

E: OP has played since according to Scrubby so I'm gonna lock this up as resolved.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you