GlitcheyBB
Byond Username: Glltch0v0

[Davethwave]-Glltch0v0-AtmosBombs

Post by GlitcheyBB » #707506

BYOND account: Glltch0v0
Character name: Ilitho Blight
Ban type: Server
Ban length: 6 days
Ban reason: Banned by host: You, or another user of this computer or connection (Glltch0v0) is banned from playing here.
The ban reason is: Decided to sell bombs as gimmick as an non antag. It ended with 6 deaths. Was understanding in the ahelp and wont do it again as a non antag. This ban (BanID #67854) was applied by Davethwave on 2023-10-10 05:04:34 during round ID 216422. The ban is for 6 days and expires on 2023-10-16 05:04:32 (server time).

Time ban was placed: 2023-10-10 05:04:34
Round ID in which ban was placed: 216422
Your side of the story: I was just a bored atmosian, so i decided to sell singletanks as they could turn a quick profit (IC motivation). And while people did die, it was not by my hand, but more of people's clumsiness as Davethwave stated. The bombs were activated via an inferred sensor (which could clearly be seen both when looking at in bag, in hand and even grabbing from bag) which I stated (with the hopes that it would catch) 'Warrienty is void if dropped'. So a toss or drop would set them off.

This is part ban appeal, but also part clarification because I genuinly do not know what rule was broken or what precident was. Its similar to genetics handing out free hulk or chemistry handing out suicide pills, in that theres still that destructive and potentially dangerous quality. Yet there doesnt seem to be an issue with it and it seems to be commonplace actually.

The closest rule I think this would break might be 1 or maybe 12 if you stretch it. I even went into headmin rulings to doubly make sure what I did and the closest I could find was about using bombs and similar things of mass destruction was
Use of Weapons of Mass Destruction is acceptable if the target antagonist is an overwhelming force and is on the verge of defeating the station, such as Nuclear Operatives, Cult, etc.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I didnt use any of the bombs myself, so I dont see any rules or precidents here that I have broken. Again, a ban appeal would be lovely as I see this as a little unfair, but Im more so looking for more clarification.
davethwave
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Davethwave

Re: [Davethwave]-Glltch0v0-AtmosBombs

Post by davethwave » #707540

The issue we have that differentiates this from the likes of handing out hulk or suicide pills is the mass casualties and long term damage to the station that can occur far more easily and more widespread than a group of hulks. Handing out a live bomb that explodes when dropped is just a recipe for disaster that would end with people dead Antagonistic or otherwise. Half of the deaths that were part of the ban were fumbles in the first place. Warning or not the design of the just throw at your target left the station scarred and even a large part of arrivals spaced and a few of the intended users of the bombs dead.
GlitcheyBB
Byond Username: Glltch0v0

Re: [Davethwave]-Glltch0v0-AtmosBombs

Post by GlitcheyBB » #707551

Alright, that makes a bit more sense. So the issue was jus the trigger. Got it. Thanks for bein chill in the pms and here. Cya when it ends.