[Discord] - Stickymayhem - Not respecting other community member's right to life

Appeals which have been closed.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

[Discord] - Stickymayhem - Not respecting other community member's right to life

Post by Stickymayhem » #707721

I told someone to kill themselves on discord because they were being bigoted.

I regret this action and would like to be unbanned please. I understand that telling people to kill themselves is both mean and a TOS violation even if they are being rude to people based on immutable characteristics and even if they get banned a day later for genocidal rhetoric. I will not tell people to kill themselves even if they are genocidal, I will instead attempt productive discourse to change their minds on committing genocides or genocide-like activities and if I do not like their responses instead of telling them they should kill themselves I will instead politely ignore them or use the built in blocking functionality in the discord user interface.

I will not violate the TOS again but I might be mean again but I'll try to minimize this behaviour genuinely as a good faith effort, and I will not be mean in TOS violating ways.

Thank you for your time there is no discord ban format I can't see the ban reason or the admin who did it or when it happened I am sorry I am scared thank you for your time sorry

Discord username: smugbug_tm
Commonly used names: stickymayhem
Ban reason: telling people to kill themselves probably
Time ban was placed: a few days ago
Your side of the story: I told someone to kill themselves on discord because they were being bigoted.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I regret this action and would like to be unbanned please. I understand that telling people to kill themselves is both mean and a TOS violation even if they are being rude to people based on immutable characteristics and even if they get banned a day later for genocidal rhetoric. I will not tell people to kill themselves even if they are genocidal, I will instead attempt productive discourse to change their minds on committing genocides or genocide-like activities and if I do not like their responses instead of telling them they should kill themselves I will instead politely ignore them or use the built in blocking functionality in the discord user interface.

I will not violate the TOS again but I might be mean again but I'll try to minimize this behaviour genuinely as a good faith effort, and I will not be mean in TOS violating ways.

Thank you for your time there is no discord ban format I can't see the ban reason or the admin who did it or when it happened I am sorry I am scared thank you for your time sorry
Last edited by Stickymayhem on Thu Oct 12, 2023 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stickymayhem

Re: [Discord] - Stickymayhem - Not respecting other community member's right to life

Post by Stickymayhem » #707722

thank you for your time
dragomagol
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dragomagol

Re: [Discord] - Stickymayhem - Not respecting other community member's right to life

Post by dragomagol » #707729

Discord ban appeal format: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=44#p428828

AKA tattle

Help improve my neural network by giving me feedback!

Spoiler:
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #707742

good news guys i found the discord appeal format and will be applyhing it to this ban appeal and all of my future ban appeals
Gwyn
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Starlord_Gwyn

Post by Gwyn » #707748

Hi. It's been roughly 4 days since the ban, I think that's appropriate enough. You were given logged warnings about not telling people to kys before so I elected to make it a ban this time. Please do not say kys again or the next ban will be longer. It's entirely within your right to show beligerency and be upset when someone espouses bafflingly hateful rhetoric, and you're free to use a varied range of colourful insults to make this known to them, just don't tell them to kill themselves for obvious aforementioned discord TOS. Just make sure it doesn't escalate into harrassment or bad faith arguments. I'll lift the ban.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #708060

Sticky has once again inflicted himself on the Discord, so this is resolved.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you