Pepper
Byond Username: ANIMETIDDIES

[Riggle] Board Warning Issued

Post by Pepper » #707912

BYOND account: ANIMETIDDIES

Ban type: Board Warning/Forums

Ban length: Permanent

Ban reason:
Riggle wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 3:57 am The following is a warning which has been issued to you by an administrator or moderator of this site. This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=83&p=707909#p707909 .
6. We are here to have fun.
You're a few posts in and you're still trying to light up the flames. Please stop, we don't need to stir the pot even more.
Time ban was placed: Fri Oct 13, 2023 11:57 pm

Your side of the story: In a peanut thread relating to a frequently active player's ban from the discord I noticed the banning admin in question was rather inactive. I found the juxtaposition interesting so I posted my observation in the thread. Another user replied to my post overtly trying derail the thread by egging others on to make fun of me. Comically, I discovered that the user replying was also similarly inactive so I posted an image similar to my initial post displaying as such.

Why you think you should be unbanned: My posts were in no way disrespectful or attempting to incite drama of any kind. It's merely my opinion that an admin's in-game activity is relevant to their judgement and effectiveness when moderating in the community as a whole. Even if Riggle might disagree, it's certainly an overreach to simply assume I'm acting in bad faith and nuke my posts because he failed to see the merit in my point.

Anything else we should know: Riggle, the admin who applied this warning, deleted all posts relating to it, including one where I elaborated further on what the significance of what I was pointing out meant to me. These interactions were productive save for the few other users attempting to turn the sentiment into a shit flinging contest because they disagreed.
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Re: [Riggle] Board Warning Issued

Post by Archie700 » #707939

Pepper posted a discord admin's playtime, their response to the question of relevancy was:

In addition, Pepper posted Jacquerel's playtime.
 ! Message from: Cheshify
Edited to contain only facts and have less bias in the text.
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
Pepper
Byond Username: ANIMETIDDIES

Post by Pepper » #707972

Archie700 wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 10:39 am After a maintainer on our github also called them out for it, they also posted their playtime.
Their wording was something along the lines of "let's derail this thread and make it about making fun of this post". I feel like that kind of open attempts at inciting a thread to go to hell falls under Rule 7, and is an important part of the context you've left out.
Riggle
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Riggle

Post by Riggle » #707974

What were you trying to accomplish by posting that?
Very cool link
Look at my cool text
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #708408

Hey, unless there's been a response to this in the next 48 hours, I'm going to move it on as resolved.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you