Character name: Xavier Popal
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Server
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: Attempted ban evasion with the account retarcl
Time ban was placed 2019-07-25 18:50:46
Server you were playing on when banned: Bagil
Round ID in which ban was placed: 114016

Your side of the story:

As a non-antag virologist, I released a deadly virus. I was just barely 16 at the time and hadn't really bothered to learn the game and appreciate the rules, and I got a two day ban. In my infinite wisdom I decided to try and ban evade a two day ban.

Why you think you should be unbanned:

After being permabanned here, I moved to Yogstation where I have the bulk of my hours now (~500), and where I came to appreciate the game for what it actually is. I moved out, I now live with my girlfriend who I play on Yogstation with occasionally (with admin permission, no metacomming). I take full responsibility for my actions and I'm not looking to make excuses for what happened, I just hope to be given the benefit of the doubt given how long it has been.

I want to branch back out to the couple servers I was banned on (here, and Paradise where I also got permabanned the same year and three months apart) simply because Yogstation is often sub-30 players when I am available to play. I'm actually most interested in the Manuel and TGMC servers.

References of good conduct:
Yogstation: ~500 hours
Colonial Marines: ~40 hours

Anything else we should know:
This forum account was made around the same time of the permaban. The name is not in good taste, but I made the appeal with this same account since you can find my earlier appeal made in 2019 from this profile.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: [Names Are Hard] Figet Spinetr - ban evasion permaban

Post by Vekter » #708622

Hey, NAH retired a while back, so I'll take this over.

I wanna confirm with Yog that you're telling the truth about hours played. Once I have that, I'll give you a decision on this.

E: Just over 500 hours according to them, with ~450 of those being living hours. Looks good to me. I'll go ahead and lift this - it looks like your history here wasn't particularly bad, you just goofed and wanted to evade a pretty short ban. We all screw up sometimes.

I'm obviously going to leave your alt banned but I'll have your main unbanned shortly. Welcome back, gamer. Make sure to read the rules - a lot has changed since 2019.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
retarclecl
Byond Username: Figet Spinetr

Post by retarclecl » #708623

Appreciate it! Will definitely read the rules, and just to be clear there's probably more than one alt. I remember trying quite a few times. But they can stay banned - no argument there!
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #708626

retarclecl wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 3:00 am Appreciate it! Will definitely read the rules, and just to be clear there's probably more than one alt. I remember trying quite a few times. But they can stay banned - no argument there!
Do you remember the names of those alts?
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

retarclecl

Post by retarclecl » #708628

There's two in the previous appeal I have, "fartbutlol" and "runescape424". There might have been more, but I can't remember and nothing comes up in my Google Passwords so I never saved any of them. I am fairly certain they are all banned in any case.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #708639

Okay, looks like we'd already banned those alts for attempted evasion. I modified the bans so the game won't yell at us every time you connect. You should be good now.
Spoiler:

retarclecl

Post by retarclecl » #708648

Thank you! I really appreciate it.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #708649

Confirmed via TGDB that Figet's played again since this post, so looks like we can resolve this.
Spoiler: