Appeals which have been closed.
HugorEsteven
Byond Username: Magonu123

[feemjmeem] Magonu123 - Getting Back

Post by HugorEsteven » #708695

BYOND account: Magonu123
Ban type: Server
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: Ban evasion. Alt of rigerd123 or abnerbrgames, banned for metagang. Related accounts: euadoropinto, gerardowilson, magonu321, magonu123, rigered123, abnerbrgames
Time ban was placed: 2017-10-06
Your side of the story: i was banned along time ago, for metagang, in the first time me and my friend had no idea what metagang was, and our ip was almost the same, so you know the drill, i dont know what exactly we did that time, after that we did not appel and played on a alt just for fun but this time, he had a little idea on what metagang was, so we played just like two dudes but without the idea of knowing each other, almost like we had another life in the game, so then feemjmeem found out our ip was almost the same and the brazillian flag so he bwoink me and my friend, was playing at the same time, and i said yes, this is almost what i remember
Why you think you should be unbanned: im now 21 i got a really good grip on what metagang is and how to follow every single rule, just today got in my mind to play ss13, after a decade, i forgot my old account magonu123, and joined with a new account CYCS got jumped by a Questionnaire, said almost everything i know and Isaratosh, send me pm asking for my old acc, he said to me i still had a perma ban and for me to appel so here i am, asking for another chance
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: [feemjmeem] Magonu123 - Getting Back

Post by Vekter » #708704

Hi friend, feemjmeem retired a while back, as has saegrimr whom originally banned you in 2016:
Permanently banned - Metacomms group consisting of Rigerd123 and AbnerBrGames. Lied to me about knowing eachother.
Given this, we'll just handle both bans in this appeal itself.

Thing is, we have a problem. Someone else joined the game at the same time as you and was also banned for ban evasion:
Banned from the server permanently - An evading account of AbnerBrGames. Joined at the same time as CYCS, who is the other individual mentioned in their evaded ban, Rigerd123. Both did not mention their permabans for metacommunications until brought up by admins.
Here's the deal - I'm willing to unban you under the caveat that your friend AbnerBrGames is not unbanned. I have no way of preventing the both of you from metacomming again without one of you being banned, and the both of you evading a ban at the exact same time just tells me you intend on metacomming again. If you had a "really good grip on what metagang is", you would have come and appealed your original bans (which I would have gladly lifted given their age) instead of evading. All you guys evading tells me is that you intend on breaking the rules again.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
HugorEsteven

Post by HugorEsteven » #708728

i didn't remember my account and my ban at first, and i even forgot i had a account here just like my friend, and like i said me and my friend found a way to play "we had a little idea on what metagang was, so we played just like two dudes but without the idea of knowing each other, almost like we had another life in the game"and yes this was years ago, after the ban we just stopped playing, and no we didnt evade the ban, like a said i forgot my account, so the best way was creating a new one, and its not like oh you guys evade the ban at the same like me, after years sometimes you cant remember a account
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #708773

HugorEsteven wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 5:23 am i didn't remember my account and my ban at first, and i even forgot i had a account here just like my friend, and like i said me and my friend found a way to play "we had a little idea on what metagang was, so we played just like two dudes but without the idea of knowing each other, almost like we had another life in the game"and yes this was years ago, after the ban we just stopped playing, and no we didnt evade the ban, like a said i forgot my account, so the best way was creating a new one, and its not like oh you guys evade the ban at the same like me, after years sometimes you cant remember a account
I have trouble believing this, because in the ticket with Isratosh, you told them your old account name. If you had the account name, you would've been able to reset your password via BYOND. You also already knew about our forums, so you would've been more than capable of appealing the ban instead of just joining and hoping it'd work.

From Ticket #8 during round 217289 on Manuel:

---- Log Begins ----
2023-10-22 15:39:14: Ticket Opened by isratosh: You mentioned you've played SS13 for 10 years, but it looks like this CYCS account was just created today. Do you have an older one?
2023-10-22 15:39:18: Reply from necromanceranne: Hi, could you tell me what your previous ckey was if you can remember it?
2023-10-22 15:39:40: Reply from cycs: yes Magonu123
2023-10-22 15:40:38: Reply from isratosh: Well unfortunately it looks like we have a permanent ban on that account. It's definitely very old, placed on 2017-10-06. You will have to appeal that on the forums before I let you in here.
2023-10-22 15:41:15: Reply from cycs: i already did a appel
2023-10-22 15:41:33: Reply from isratosh: Recently?
2023-10-22 15:42:03: Reply from cycs: nop in the same day i got banned i did the appel
2023-10-22 15:48:14: Reply from isratosh: Look gamer, I see that you successfully appealed that permanent ban but then you were banned 2 months later for ban evasion and metacommunicating with other players. I see that your friend Abners2 is also here. There are permanent bans still in effect for all of these accounts. Both of you will have to make an appeal on the forums regarding this.
2023-10-22 15:48:57: Reply from cycs: ok thanks for the help
2023-10-22 15:49:34: Reply from isratosh: No problem. I'll give you the full ban reason here: Permanently banned - Ban evasion. Alt of rigerd123 or abnerbrgames, banned for metagang. Related accounts: euadoropinto, gerardowilson, magonu321, magonu123, rigered123, abnerbrgames
2023-10-22 15:49:56: Reply from isratosh: The banning admin was feemjmeem and it was placed on 2017-10-06
2023-10-22 15:50:12: Reply from cycs: do you think he still up?
2023-10-22 15:50:26: Reply from isratosh: Because it was so long ago I am sure you can get it lifted by the head admins but you will have to make a forum post.
2023-10-22 15:50:48: Reply from cycs: ok thanks gonna make a appel
2023-10-22 15:52:06: Reply from isratosh: I'll have to ban this account now - you can specify in the forum post which account you would like to continue using.
2023-10-22 15:52:27: Client disconnected
2023-10-22 15:52:27: <a>Isratosh</a>/(Bartholomew Martins) has created a permanent server ban for CYCS.
2023-10-22 15:52:28: Resolved by Isratosh
---- No Further Messages ----

This ticket can be viewed: This ticket was generated by Statbus v.1.17.5

Again, I am offering you a deal - I will unban you, but if I do so, I cannot unban your friend, as the fact that you both logged in at the same time to evade a ban that was placed for metacomms tells me you intended to do this again.

E: I've thought about this a bit and I am willing to unban you and your friend (given that he appeals - I can't unban him if he doesn't appeal his ban), but understand that both of you will be under a lot of scrutiny if I do so. Even one single instance of you acting like you're communicating outside of the game could result in you being banned again. Is that okay with you?
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

HugorEsteven

Post by HugorEsteven » #708855

that is ok to me, so in my understanding we going to be under high surveillance, yeah that is ok to me
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #708865

Okay, I need to follow up with Isratosh to make sure everything's kosher with me unbanning you, since technically they were the one who banned you for evasion and might want you to separately appeal that ban.
Spoiler:

Isratosh
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Isratosh

Post by Isratosh » #708874

Unbanned, have fun.
Feedback
Bartholomew Martins
Spoiler: