[vekter] mroramri-day ban

Appeals which have been closed.
MrOramri

[vekter] mroramri-day ban

Post by MrOramri » #85192

Byond account and character name: mroramri Cooper Willams
Banning admin: vekter
Ban type (What are you banned from?):Day Ban (science)
Ban reason and length:Killed a guy with a bomb because he hit him with a foam armblade. Kosher up a bit, dude. This ban is for 1440 minutes and expireson 2015-05-02 13:07:05 (server time)"
Time ban was placed (including time zone):Time placed 13:07:05
Your side of the story:I had been constructing bombs in science so that mining would have an easier job. After an uneventful bomb making I started assembling the bombs. A unknown man walked into my work place, he was wearing a gas mask and a fire suit. He says nothing and walks over to me while I am holding the bomb. He then attacks me, I see the bright red text of imminent death as I am attacked by an armblade and open the valve as a reaction. We are both consumed in the explosion and only in death did I realize my mistake it was a foam armblade. I proceeded to message the admins before they talked to me to tell them what happened. We discussed it for a bit, thought it got resolved and I get banned.
Why you think you should be unbanned: It was an honest mistake that happened in the space of a few seconds. I wasnt seeking a valid target to test my bombs. It was a complete misunderstanding that consumed two people who both made bad decisions.
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Re: [vekter] mroramri-day ban

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #85198

It literally says that you're being hit by a foam arm blade in the big red text. In my personal opinion you should just wait out the ban, let it serve as a lesson to not be so impulsive with such destructive items.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: [vekter] mroramri-day ban

Post by Vekter » #85242

Sorry friend, this one sticks. You get a giant message now whenever you're attacked that very clearly shows what hit you and who did it. The toy armblade says "Foam armblade" in this message, so it's pretty obvious it's a fake. Also, it says other silly shit like "<x> has drained <y> with the foam armblade" and it doesn't play the loud goring sound the normal armblade does.

I know SS13 is meant to induce paranoia, but cool your jets next time and think before using a bomb for self-defense. If you'd just killed him, that's one thing, but you took out a chunk of the station with you. I want to make sure you understand you aren't being banned for killing him, but for blowing up the Toxins room with a bomb. That's not acceptable, even if he was a changeling.

You also have a 2 day ban pending for science. I'll go ahead and remove that given the situation.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you