Byond Username: Mackeael-witness

[Cheshify] mackeaelwitness - HAD AN OOPSIE :Biting_Lip:

Post by mackeaelwitness » #709397

Ban Details
BYOND account: mackeaelwitness
Character name: Shrieking Imp/Nicholas Preshmuck/Silent Shmuck
Ban type: Server Ban
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: Banned from the server permanently - In an external Discord with friends, shared meta-information about active shifts. Rules 2 prohibits all instances of metacomms, and doing so in a separate discord server is not allowed.
Time ban was placed: 2023-09-05 19:06:59
Server you were playing on when banned: Manuel
Round ID in which ban was placed: N/A

Reasons for Appealing
Are you appealing a validly placed permaban and would like another chance to be unbanned?: Yes
If yes, please explain why you believe it should be accepted: While the permanent ban isn't something I can actually argue, I can say that the reason I got banned for my behavior is, when looked at in the big picture, minor. The moment that led to me being permanently banned was a single moment of wandering conversation in which I spoke of details relating to the round, back in, of all things, January, in which I was expressing my concerns over an in-game chaplain saying a racial slur.
While it shouldn't have happened in the first place, I admit that it would, reasonably, lead to a permanent ban were it to be seen by the admin team the moment it happened. Despite that, however, I believe that my behavior has been better on this front since. Do note that this instance happened in January, and that I remember no times in which I did so later on in the server in question's history. I understood that metacommunication was not allowed on /tg/ servers, and tried to prevent myself from doing so. In a lapse of judgement, I did so in only one moment I remember, also pictured here. I'm sorry that this happened, and this isn't what I wanted to ever do in a server that was just supposed to be a way to connect with my friends. If I'm unbanned, this won't happen again, but if not, I understand that the reason I was banned is entirely reasonable, and, to be honest, I'm embarrassed that it happened at all.
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Re: [Cheshify] mackeaelwitness - HAD AN OOPSIE :Biting_Lip:

Post by Cheshify » #709399

Hi there I hate the thread title.

As for the actual ban, what have you done to distance yourself from that group? Do you have any good references of conduct we could recognize?
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
mackeaelwitness
Byond Username: Mackeael-witness

Post by mackeaelwitness » #709412

The message that got me banned was posted in January, since then I had grown distant as a friend from them, and began to use that server less and less. Didn't talk to them outside of private games either too much.
Unfortunately, I haven't talked to any of them basically at all since my ban.
If you had noticed beforehand, I had begun to take a break from space station starting at around that time, and hadn't even started up the game for a while(IIRC) at the time of my ban.
I do not have any references of good conduct that have taken place after my ban. I can only attest to my pretty decent reputation I had before my ban, Hopefully a lot of people liked me, I don't know.
I hope i can show that i made a mistake and can learn from my actions!

EDIT: want to be absolutely clear (i don't know what it means to the mod team) that this was a conversational slip-up on my part, and i didn't mean to do it. I do not know what I can do to prove it.
to add onto the "references of good conduct" section, i have not made efforts to mend my reputation largely due to mounting burn-out from the game, and being unsure of what to do given the circumstances.
Hopefully this edit clears things up
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Post by Cheshify » #709429

Since this is a defacto headmin-team ban, not just myself, I had a talk with the others.

This is a good first step, you've cut ties with the group that believed themselves above the rules, you've spent time away from the game, and the full acceptance of the issues at hand without any attempt to retroactively justify your actions. I appreciate how you've approached this appeal, and I believe a second chance is a reasonable request.

I'll be unbanning you, please be warned that you don't get third chances, and metacomms are incredibly serious.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TheBibleMelts

Post by TheBibleMelts » #709564

i'm watching you PUNK