DISCORD: kumawebcomicartist: Rule 8 Gif Reaction

Appeals which have been closed.
KingKuma
Byond Username: WebcomicArtist

DISCORD: kumawebcomicartist: Rule 8 Gif Reaction

Post by KingKuma » #710100

Discord username:kumawebcomicartist

Commonly used names: Kuma

Banning admin: Gwyn (one of them, unsure if it's spicygwyn or the other one thats the mod)

Ban reason: Posted a Speech bubble reaction gif that broke rule 8

Time ban was placed: Friday, November 5th, 3am EST

Your side of the story: I posted a discord reaction gif that was in violation of rule eight. I don't feel there's really a certain "side of the story" to this sort of situation, other than the fact of it being three in the morning meaning it was fairly likely my judgement on "should I post this" probably wasn't that great.

Why you think you should be unbanned: Obviously "I was tired and didn't think things through" doesn't make my actions okay, but I do feel that I may as well provide some explanations for why the above post was made in the first place. As far as my memory serves, I don't think I had been in any situations with the server admins prior to this - bans, mutes or otherwise - so if I may, I'd basically like to give the reasoning of "I did something dumb during a moment of impaired judgement, and realize that it was, admittedly, something I shouldn't have posted." I understand and accept that this isn't far off from saying "sorry I was drunk when I did x", but I feel it's the closest thing to an explanation I have, and I also understand that I'll still have a temp ban in the case this appeal goes through.

However, if possible, I was wondering if there's any way I could access the coding channel during that time period, as there's a PR i've been working on for a month now and the code maintainers are helpful on that sort of thing. If discord doesnt allow specific channel access, thats fine, and I understand.

To put things simply: I've learned that, as usual, "if you think you shouldn't say something, you probably shouldn't" applies, and that I should go to bed instead of being on discord at 3 AM.
Gwyn
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Starlord_Gwyn

Re: DISCORD: kumawebcomicartist: Rule 8 Gif Reaction

Post by Gwyn » #710430

It's good that you have introspection as to why you posted that and why you absolutely should never again. I'm willing to lower it down to 3 months considering the content in question was still very egregious. Unfortunately we don't have a coder channel only role on discord as far as I know, and I don't think it would be appropriate considering the circumstances. Please contact them on the forum to see if there's an alternative to remain active with your project. If that doesn't work, give me a message, I'll try to talk to them to see if something can be arranged, but the discord ban stands as far as I'm concerned.
Gwyn
In-Game Admin

Post by Gwyn » #710431

I was just informed there is a seperate coderbus discord, and it's public access.
KingKuma
Byond Username: WebcomicArtist

Post by KingKuma » #710547

Aye, thanks very much. I assume its 3 months from the ban date and not 3 from now?
Gwyn
In-Game Admin

Post by Gwyn » #710656

3 months from the ban date yeah.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #710948

This looks like it's been resolved. Feel free to open a new thread if it hasn't.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you