Byond Username: Matthiaskrh

[Scriptis] matthiaskrh - I want to come back

Post by nova808 » #710261

Ban Details
BYOND account: matthiaskrh
Character name: Don't remember
Ban type: Server
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: It was a self-requested permaban to fix an addiction.
Time ban was placed: 2023-07-12 06:30:45
Server you were playing on when banned: Sybil
Round ID in which ban was placed: 210092

Reasons for Appealing
Are you appealing a validly placed permaban and would like another chance to be unbanned?: Yes
If yes, please explain why you believe it should be accepted: A couple months ago I requested an unappealable permaban to help me stop spending a lot of time playing this game. It was really addicting and I had trouble focusing on outside work as a result. After working on myself, I believe I am able to handle addiction better now. Also, I know that I asked for the ban to be unappealable, but I was hoping I could come back. And sorry if this ban/unban thing is repetitive/annoying for the admins, I'm pretty sure this will be the last time I'll go through this cycle.
Last edited by nova808 on Tue Nov 07, 2023 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: [Scriptis] matthiaskrh - I want to come back

Post by Vekter » #710268

So the actual ban reason on this is as follows:
Banned from the server permanently - Ban requested by player; do not lift (this player has requested numerous permanent bans in the past, all of which have been lifted; do not lift this one, for real this time, stop).
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Scriptis
Byond Username: Scriptis

Post by Scriptis » #710293

You're really, really, really, really sure this time?
Spoiler:

Scriptis

Post by Scriptis » #710328

Alright, so, I've thought about this for a bit, and, yeah, this appeal is denied at least until one year has elapsed.

You asked for this because you genuinely feel you've got some sort of compulsion to play this game. I'm honoring your wish to keep this ban in place, and if I could travel through time I'd imagine you'd agree four months ago.

Come back on 11 July 2024 at the minimum. You'll feel better after the year's out.
Spoiler:

nova808

Post by nova808 » #710337

I understand, thanks for considering it.
nova808

Post by nova808 » #710340

Actually, I was thinking about it and I feel like most of the addictiveness came from playing as antagonists. This might be a longshot, but would it be possible to be unbanned with a permanent antag ban as a compromise?
Scriptis

Post by Scriptis » #710341

That's a neat idea, but I think we should stick with the one year for the same reasons above. I can assure you that SS13 with antagonists turned off is just as addictive as SS13 with antagonists turned on (and anyone who says otherwise needs a talking-to about rule 12)
Spoiler:

nova808

Post by nova808 » #710354

Alright, I respect your decision but I wish there was some way to show you that I have better self-control now. It's cool though, I know what I asked for in the ban and you are simply respecting that. You can close this appeal if you want, I'll see you in a year