BYOND account: Usednapkin
Character name: Autumn Sinnow
Ban type: Permaban
Ban length: Permaban
Ban reason: Disrespectful
Time ban was placed: 2 years ago or something
Server you were playing on when banned: iidk forget
Round ID in which ban was placed: idk
Last edited by usednapkin420420 on Wed Nov 08, 2023 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Re: [Forget name] Usednapkin - Permaban

Post by Archie700 » #710413

Original appeal was viewtopic.php?p=437943#p437943
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: [Nabski] Usednapkin - Permaban

Post by Vekter » #710416

I'm taking this over as Nabski retired ages ago. Actual ban reason was:
Combination of rule 0/1 ban. EXTREMELY abusive and insulting in ahelps. Fails to see how arresting the first player they see and brigging them for 10 minutes is just shittly FNR griefing. Appealed and made round related comments before the round was over, as well as continued to insult me.
I'll tell you what - if you put some actual effort into your appeal and explain why what you did was unacceptable, I'll consider giving you another chance. Five years is a long time and I think it's possible you've changed, but you put zero effort into this and I have no faith in you as a player if you can't be bothered to explain why you deserve another chance, doubly so if multiple admins are telling me unbanning you is a bad idea.

It would also help if you could give me a server you've been playing on that'd be willing to vouch for your behavior.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
usednapkin420420

Post by usednapkin420420 » #710459

I was disrespectful in the ahelps. I will try to not do that and just be civil. I'm sure that will make everything positive for everyone.

I played on vg a bit but that was like 8 months ago or something and only for a bit. I doubt I was noticed.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #710465

Alright, understand that if you're unbanned, you'll be on pretty thin ice for a while - any return to self-antagging behavior or being abusive in adminhelps will likely land you right back where you started.

I also want to get with other admins and see if they're comfortable with you coming back, since your original ban was partially for in-game actions but mostly for being abusive towards server staff.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

usednapkin420420

Post by usednapkin420420 » #710467

Vekter wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 2:33 pm since your original ban was partially for in-game actions but mostly for being abusive towards server staff.
That is true. I did brig some guy.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #710469

Yeah, I'm gonna have to deny this based on the reaction I'm getting from other admins. There's only so much goodwill to go around, and it seems you've used what you had.

I'm not willing to go against the judgement of my peers when you were banned for being a dick to them.
Spoiler:

usednapkin420420

Post by usednapkin420420 » #710471

I think the admins are really in the wrong here and I wish it would be more discussed. As of now I can't send private messages, but I hope my message gets through. I'm not looking to start trouble and just want to play. I am a very good, competent player and I feel you guys are not making the right decision.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #710473

usednapkin420420 wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 3:49 pm I think the admins are really in the wrong here and I wish it would be more discussed. As of now I can't send private messages, but I hope my message gets through. I'm not looking to start trouble and just want to play. I am a very good, competent player and I feel you guys are not making the right decision.
I have been informed by multiple admins that you were manipulative in and out of game, caused significant grief to multiple members of the community out-of-character, and had no less than four admins actively tell me that you should not be unbanned under any circumstances, with one going so far as to say they'd possibly quit if you were unbanned.

You need to play on another server for a while and prove that you've changed in some capacity before you're unbanned here. You said you'd played on /vg/ before, so I would recommend doing so again and building up some goodwill with them. I will not be unbanning you without a vouch from another server assuring me that you're the picture of an ideal player.

I can have the headmins take a look at this if you still disagree with me, but I don't think you have a good chance here.
Spoiler:

usednapkin420420

Post by usednapkin420420 » #710476

Vekter wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 3:52 pm
usednapkin420420 wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 3:49 pm I think the admins are really in the wrong here and I wish it would be more discussed. As of now I can't send private messages, but I hope my message gets through. I'm not looking to start trouble and just want to play. I am a very good, competent player and I feel you guys are not making the right decision.
I have been informed by multiple admins that you were manipulative in and out of game, caused significant grief to multiple members of the community out-of-character, and had no less than four admins actively tell me that you should not be unbanned under any circumstances, with one going so far as to say they'd possibly quit if you were unbanned.

You need to play on another server for a while and prove that you've changed in some capacity before you're unbanned here. You said you'd played on /vg/ before, so I would recommend doing so again and building up some goodwill with them. I will not be unbanning you without a vouch from another server assuring me that you're the picture of an ideal player.

I can have the headmins take a look at this if you still disagree with me, but I don't think you have a good chance here.
Bro, I'm an oldie. Things that have happened to me aren't even things I've done. I'm like 15 year olds in this community and it's very different from what it was. I am serious in I want to play this game. I could do what you said, but I feel it is unnecessary. I do not want to start shit. I am a receptive, cognitive player and I think you guys are being a bit heavy handed. I know my past may seem quite kilter but I do not wish or want to cause any harm or mispleasantness to anyone! I think you are looking at me too briefly and with a hand that is heavy.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #710477

usednapkin420420 wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 4:02 pm Bro, I'm an oldie. Things that have happened to me aren't even things I've done. I'm like 15 year olds in this community and it's very different from what it was. I am serious in I want to play this game. I could do what you said, but I feel it is unnecessary. I do not want to start shit. I am a receptive, cognitive player and I think you guys are being a bit heavy handed. I know my past may seem quite kilter but I do not wish or want to cause any harm or mispleasantness to anyone! I think you are looking at me too briefly and with a hand that is heavy.
I know you're an oldie. We both started playing around the same time. It doesn't change my decision.

If I have multiple admins telling me not to unban you, it's not going to happen unless you can prove to me that you've improved beyond a shadow of a doubt. Playing on /vg/ for a little while eight months ago and writing the most half-assed appeal I've read in a while is not going to prove that.

You are not entitled to play here and being an older player or having been gone for five years does not change that.

This appeal is denied. Go play on another server for six months, then come back and we'll discuss this again.
Spoiler:

usednapkin420420

Post by usednapkin420420 » #710478

Vekter wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 4:05 pm
usednapkin420420 wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 4:02 pm Bro, I'm an oldie. Things that have happened to me aren't even things I've done. I'm like 15 year olds in this community and it's very different from what it was. I am serious in I want to play this game. I could do what you said, but I feel it is unnecessary. I do not want to start shit. I am a receptive, cognitive player and I think you guys are being a bit heavy handed. I know my past may seem quite kilter but I do not wish or want to cause any harm or mispleasantness to anyone! I think you are looking at me too briefly and with a hand that is heavy.
I know you're an oldie. We both started playing around the same time. It doesn't change my decision.

If I have multiple admins telling me not to unban you, it's not going to happen unless you can prove to me that you've improved beyond a shadow of a doubt. Playing on /vg/ for a little while eight months ago and writing the most half-assed appeal I've read in a while is not going to prove that.

You are not entitled to play here and being an older player or having been gone for five years does not change that.

This appeal is denied. Go play on another server for six months, then come back and we'll discuss this again.
Has my appeal been that lame?
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #710479

usednapkin420420 wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 4:06 pm Has my appeal been that lame?
I mean, you didn't even fill out the actual ban appeal template or give me a reason you should be unbanned in the OP.

I'm done responding to this, if you'd like a headmin review we can go that route, otherwise I'm not discussing it further.
Spoiler:

usednapkin420420

Post by usednapkin420420 » #710480

For example, I know you Vekter, but we have never played together. How we have never played together, I don't know. I cannot sit here and say I know you. That's how I am accounting this. Which I think is what it is that I am saying in my appeal, in that, I am not a disruptive or unpleasant player. I know I am not saying much and maybe it would add much more to this appeal.

You just replied.
I did fill out the ban template in the stickies. I told you I wish to be positive and not cause problems in the community.
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TheBibleMelts

Post by TheBibleMelts » #710485

hey there, usednapkin - while vekter has not played with you, i have - and i do not believe your claims that you're here to be positive and not cause issues, as over the course of years you've racked up several permanent bans that indicate the exact opposite of that, and even outside of those bans, your conduct and behavior with other members of this community have spoken to the type of person you seek to be - a type that there is no room for on /tg/. you're going to need to show proof from other communities of having changed as a person, or i am going to argue against allowing you back into the community any time i see you pop your head back up.
usednapkin420420

Post by usednapkin420420 » #710490

TheBibleMelts wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:03 pm hey there, usednapkin - while vekter has not played with you, i have - and i do not believe your claims that you're here to be positive and not cause issues, as over the course of years you've racked up several permanent bans that indicate the exact opposite of that, and even outside of those bans, your conduct and behavior with other members of this community have spoken to the type of person you seek to be - a type that there is no room for on /tg/. you're going to need to show proof from other communities of having changed as a person, or i am going to argue against allowing you back into the community any time i see you pop your head back up.
Can you name a few things wrong with whom I am or how I played, because we have not played before either TheBibleMelts, although I have seen you for years? I don't think you really know who I am. Are you talking because of hearsay? We have never fought or been negative towards each other.
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master

Post by TheBibleMelts » #710495

usednapkin420420 wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:24 pm
TheBibleMelts wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:03 pm hey there, usednapkin - while vekter has not played with you, i have - and i do not believe your claims that you're here to be positive and not cause issues, as over the course of years you've racked up several permanent bans that indicate the exact opposite of that, and even outside of those bans, your conduct and behavior with other members of this community have spoken to the type of person you seek to be - a type that there is no room for on /tg/. you're going to need to show proof from other communities of having changed as a person, or i am going to argue against allowing you back into the community any time i see you pop your head back up.
Can you name a few things wrong with whom I am or how I played, because we have not played before either TheBibleMelts, although I have seen you for years? I don't think you really know who I am. Are you talking because of hearsay? We have never fought or been negative towards each other.
i placed what looks like the third of your six permabans, while i was using my ckey of PickleInspector, and we've played not only on /tg/, but on the old Sigurd server - where you'd also gotten booted for your behavior. i have seen nothing but the worst of the worst from you in your time in this community, and i do not feel like you have anything positive to bring back to it should you be unbanned. i don't often argue this for people who have been banned for such lengths of time that a change in personality could have happened, but you've plead that argument several times already and it turned out false - again, bring up evidence of your change from other communities and i'll be more open to the idea of letting you back without arguing.
usednapkin420420

Post by usednapkin420420 » #710502

TheBibleMelts wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:37 pm
i placed what looks like the third of your six permabans, while i was using my ckey of PickleInspector, and we've played not only on /tg/, but on the old Sigurd server - where you'd also gotten booted for your behavior. i have seen nothing but the worst of the worst from you in your time in this community, and i do not feel like you have anything positive to bring back to it should you be unbanned. i don't often argue this for people who have been banned for such lengths of time that a change in personality could have happened, but you've plead that argument several times already and it turned out false - again, bring up evidence of your change from other communities and i'll be more open to the idea of letting you back without arguing.
I have no idea what you talking about. I was not booted from the Sigurd server and we have not played much.
I am positive, in my opinion.
I genuinely think you are letting time get to you.
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master

Post by TheBibleMelts » #710506

usednapkin420420 wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 6:20 pm
I have no idea what you talking about. I was not booted from the Sigurd server and we have not played much.
would you mind addressing my questions about proof you've changed as a person since the numerous bans for your behavior? if we're not going to get anywhere with ancient history, let's stay current.
usednapkin420420

Post by usednapkin420420 » #710510

TheBibleMelts wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 6:40 pm
usednapkin420420 wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 6:20 pm
would you mind addressing my questions about proof you've changed as a person since the numerous bans for your behavior? if we're not going to get anywhere with ancient history, let's stay current.
I have no proof but my word. I want to be different from how it is the admin team views me. I am not like that. I could give you a promise but I feel that is applicable in my current situation which is why I am just going on word.
I can say I won't cause trouble. I mean it.
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #710513

You have been asked to advised to produce and provide proof, and instructed how, here:
Vekter wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 3:52 pm You need to play on another server for a while and prove that you've changed in some capacity before you're unbanned here. You said you'd played on /vg/ before, so I would recommend doing so again and building up some goodwill with them. I will not be unbanning you without a vouch from another server assuring me that you're the picture of an ideal player.
If you have really changed, and you really want to be here, this should be well within your capabilities.
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
usednapkin420420

Post by usednapkin420420 » #710515

Pandarsenic wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:11 pm You have been asked to advised to produce and provide proof, and instructed how, here:
Vekter wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 3:52 pm You need to play on another server for a while and prove that you've changed in some capacity before you're unbanned here. You said you'd played on /vg/ before, so I would recommend doing so again and building up some goodwill with them. I will not be unbanning you without a vouch from another server assuring me that you're the picture of an ideal player.
If you have really changed, and you really want to be here, this should be well within your capabilities.
I have no direct proof but my words. I haven't touched any other servers. All I have is how I'm acting now. I thought that because I gave it time you guys would be susceptible to letting me back because I haven't caused trouble.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #710516

usednapkin420420 wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 6:51 pm I have no proof but my word. I want to be different from how it is the admin team views me. I am not like that. I could give you a promise but I feel that is applicable in my current situation which is why I am just going on word.
The problem is this: If you come into my house and keep taking a shit on the floor, and I keep giving you extra chances to not do it, eventually I'm going to tell you to leave and never come back.

Now you're back and asking me to let you into my house again, promising you won't take a dump on the rug, but you've got no proof but your word. Your word doesn't mean anything here, dude. I need proof that you're not going to cause problems again.

Normally, you are not allowed to appeal a ban again for a year after being denied. I'm being lenient and telling you that if you come back in six months with a vouch from any of the servers we talk to (/vg/, Bee, Yog, etc.) saying that you've caused no problems and are a good player worth having around, I'll unban you.

I'm sure as hell not letting you within fifty feet of my rug without it.
Spoiler:

usednapkin420420

Post by usednapkin420420 » #710520

Vekter wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:14 pm
usednapkin420420 wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 6:51 pm I have no proof but my word. I want to be different from how it is the admin team views me. I am not like that. I could give you a promise but I feel that is applicable in my current situation which is why I am just going on word.
The problem is this: If you come into my house and keep taking a shit on the floor, and I keep giving you extra chances to not do it, eventually I'm going to tell you to leave and never come back.

Now you're back and asking me to let you into my house again, promising you won't take a dump on the rug, but you've got no proof but your word. Your word doesn't mean anything here, dude. I need proof that you're not going to cause problems again.

Normally, you are not allowed to appeal a ban again for a year after being denied. I'm being lenient and telling you that if you come back in six months with a vouch from any of the servers we talk to (/vg/, Bee, Yog, etc.) saying that you've caused no problems and are a good player worth having around, I'll unban you.

I'm sure as hell not letting you within fifty feet of my rug without it.
So, what is it I can do?
It has been years since the problem.
I acted wrong. I have acknowledge this and want to prove I am different then that.
I am repentant. Repentance means nothing to you?
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #710524

usednapkin420420 wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:18 pm So, what is it I can do?
I acted wrong. I have acknowledge this and want to prove I am different then that.
I told you what you can do. Go play on another server for a while, establish a history as a good, respectful player, then come back. If you've done so after six months, I will unban you. You need to establish a HISTORY, though. If I ask an admin for your playtime and you've only done like 15 rounds, that's not good enough. You need to put forth effort for me to believe you.

That will prove to me that you've changed.
Spoiler:

usednapkin420420

Post by usednapkin420420 » #710527

Vekter wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:25 pm
usednapkin420420 wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:18 pm So, what is it I can do?
I told you what you can do. Go play on another server for a while, establish a history as a good, respectful player, then come back. If you've done so after six months, I will unban you. You need to establish a HISTORY, though. If I ask an admin for your playtime and you've only done like 15 rounds, that's not good enough. You need to put forth effort for me to believe you.

That will prove to me that you've changed.
Sadly, tg has the most players. Vg only has like 25+ players at its max. Tg has the most, which is why I'm here, for the diverse interesting rounds. I could and will play on vg if I need to build a reputation. I just hope it doesnt have to be like that.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #710532

usednapkin420420 wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:34 pm Sadly, tg has the most players. Vg only has like 25+ players at its max. Tg has the most, which is why I'm here, for the diverse interesting rounds. I could and will play on vg if I need to build a reputation. I just hope it doesnt have to be like that.
I usually recommend Bee; their servers are relatively similar to ours in code and rules with only a few differences.

I'll leave this open if any of the other headmins want to voice their opinion.
Spoiler:

usednapkin420420

Post by usednapkin420420 » #710544

I guess Ill try Bee then.
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Post by Cheshify » #710705

Some thoughts of mine:

I do not know you, Napkin. I have no opinion towards you as a person or have thoughts on what your actions were. All I know is that when you made an appeal you didn't even bother to actually fill out the template we offer and kind of came in assuming we'd unban you because it's been a long-ass time. I don't think that's appealing in good faith and I'm not sure if it sets a very good first impression between us.

Fikou - Yeah me too
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta