Featherfield
Byond Username: Featherfield

[DISCORD] Featherfield

Post by Featherfield » #710770

Discord username: Featherfield Featherfield#8691
Commonly used names: Lesser/greater of two weevils
Ban reason: Image
Time ban was placed: 09/11/2023
Your side of the story: I joined into a conversation about the permabans of multiple people acting out and telling CC and by some an admin to KYS and said they did nothing wrong and it is based.
Three days later I am pinged by same admin/discord mod who was in the conversation demanding reasoning why I thought it was based which I responded with "Sticking it to the man is always based even if wrong" he then proceeded to humiliate me for taking too long to reply and accused me of looking up the two phrase conversation we had days ago while in reality I have TG muted, couldnt hear bleeps and was busy playing RDR2.
Our conversation continued on the same loop for a while and he refused to believe that being based does not mean you are right in the right sense and then I was removed from the discord and got 1 point by the bot which I do not know what it means.
However I cannot rejoin the server and I see no days on the bots message so I am guessing perma.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I still believe I did nothing wrong by believing in the right of players to express their opinions over someone they knew being banned and if they decide to go as far as to also be permad that is even more based of them.
So yes I do believe it was pretty based for them to commit the big one just for their friends sake. However I do not know any of these people and have no connection to them and this ridiculous witch-hunt should die with them. You cannot perma everyone who just thinks it was pretty based.
I am an old regular on the server and discord and I actively enter community events so I am not some shitter (I think) and I will keep my opinions to myself in the future.

As final note I do not condone serious "GO KILL YOURSELF" type of things personally and before anyone reviewing this mentions my hatred towards wojak posters on shitposting channels do realize it too is shitposting and I am not literally telling anyone who happens to post a grotesque picture type I hate to go against a wall to be shot, be boiled alive, put on a camp or such as it too is clearly shitposting.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: [DISCORD] Featherfield

Post by Vekter » #710785

Banning admin was OmegaDark, I'll notify them.

Some additional context: Telling someone to kill themselves is against Discord TOS. Someone reporting it happening on our server could result in us being put on a tighter watch by Discord and possibly lead to the server being shut down.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Featherfield

Post by Featherfield » #710796

Vekter wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 4:06 am Banning admin was OmegaDark, I'll notify them.

Some additional context: Telling someone to kill themselves is against Discord TOS. Someone reporting it happening on our server could result in us being put on a tighter watch by Discord and possibly lead to the server being shut down.
Yes it is against the TOS and I still do not condone telling someone to kill themselves but what they did was still based in my eyes
also I still do not know if this was a perma or pepper tier month type of deal
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #710841

This was the original concersation that resulted in the ban

Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #710871

Heya! Before I get into the meat and potatoes I'd like to clear something up, first.

I'm sorry for being a little rougher than I intended in the ticket conversation. I wasn't attempting to humiliate you, but it was ruder than I should've been, and I recognize that much out of the gate. I try to be fair and just in all dealings with players, and although I think this outcome is both, I don't think how I spoke with you entirely was.
I was operating off the belief that you were purposefully trying to play games around me by denying that you held the beliefs you talked about in the original snippet I sent, because it's a common tactic used by folks who realize that saying what they really meant to a discord jannie or member of staff'd get them banned.
► Show Spoiler
Assuming that much is effectively assuming the user (from fairly near to the outset) to be a liar, and in 99% of cases it's not the case that they are, so I'll take you at your word that at some point between when you posted it (Nov 8) and the ticket (Nov 9) you realized it was no longer "rightful" to tell members of staff to kill themselves if you were mad at a ban they placed, and simply "based" instead.
► Show Spoiler
Because that's what you affirmed here, at the end of the ticket, which is why you're banned now.

Point-blank, /tg/station is not a place for users who wish to tell each other to commit suicide, nor is it a place for those who aim to justify, encourage, or defend those actions. Saying that telling an admin to kill themselves is "based" just because they banned one of your friends falls into that bucket. It's not something I tolerate, and it's not something /tg/station tolerates either.
As a result, and especially because of your response of "I still believe I did nothing wrong" and "I do believe it was pretty based for them to commit the big one just for their friends' sake", I'm going to be keeping you banned. Denied.
You're free to get headmin oversight on this appeal if you'd like.
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
Featherfield

Post by Featherfield » #710883

Sure Ill go for a headmin review.
Just to clarify I do not seek full absolution but a perma is pretty rough for commending how far some players are willing to go for their friend and like stated before I still do not condone telling anyone to seriously off themselves.
Thank you to the peanutters or at least some of them for getting this I do not know why I am putting it so complicated.

As final edit as these headmin reviews take a while I do want to repeat that I do not know anyone including the admin this event has been about.
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TheBibleMelts

Post by TheBibleMelts » #712453

sorry featherfield, we sort of forgor about this one for a little bit while other things popped up. this is being upheld - we trust omega's judgement on this one, and they've already said anything i would fluff this post out with in their own denial message above.