Post by axietheaxolotl » #711111

Discord username:
itsviro

Commonly used names:
axietheaxolotl

Banning admin:
gwyn01

Ban reason:
"Showed severe toxicity in spritebus and made a veiled doxxing threat, there is 0 tolerance for this level of vitriol on this server"

Time ban was placed:
According to the discord bot: 13/11/2023, 3:09:51 AM (AEDT)

Your side of the story:
Late last night—12/11/2023 for me in AEDT—I started to get into a bit of a—well, argument isn't right. I was mostly just straight-up insulting a person; the context for this is long and boring. But it mostly is due to a comment on a GitHub PR that made me quite upset due to it seeming belittling and condescending. They made a wrong statement, on numerous accounts, and following that, I proceeded to mock and shame them in a quite mean way. This is all publicly available in the spritebus channel's history. I will not dispute it, or claim I was not being an asshole—because, in all honesty, I probably was. Later on—following that conversation—we, being Potato, thgvr, and AnturK, moved on to talking about self-improvement in the kind, I believe the cause of this topic was Potato telling me to reflect on my actions a bit more. I am not sure. As a direct quote, I said:
if you think this is bad you should've seen me 6 years ago
And, immediately following that I said:

tbh back then I probably would've just doxxed this guy for pissing me off that much [...] which I did like [...] once [...] years and years ago [...] (bad thing) [...] (very very bad thing)

Following that, the conversation devolved into other topics, regarding irony, jokes, and a bunch of other stuff I cannot fully remember due to it being a bit of a haze, and my inability to check, due to well, being banned.

Why you think you should be unbanned:
I'm not gonna dispute the asshole claim—that's probably true. Even other people I respect told me I was being an asshole at the time. In my defence—it was late, and I was tired. But that is an excuse that it's really easy to discount, so I will not carry on about it. But the doxxing claim I will entirely dispute. The conversation topic was about self-improvement and how we were shitty people years ago, I am unsure how you can interpret me specifying past me and then ending the mention with me specifically mentioning it was a very bad thing to do as a doxxing threat, no matter how "veiled." As well—at this point—the conversation had entirely moved beyond that person, and they were out of my mind. I brought them up here as it was needed to bring up that before, I was a shitty person, who, at one point, doxxed someone. I do not believe anyone at the time believed it was a dog-whistle/veiled threat and people I have talked to since making this have agreed that it doesn't come close to resembling a threat.

Again—I cannot dispute the toxicity or claims of being an asshole, you want to punish me for that, you are probably well within your rights to do so, and I would not be able to dispute that in any real manner. But to claim I was threatening to doxx someone? I'm sorry, but I can't see it. Especially as someone who's been doxxed myself before on this very forum. I am aware of how serious /tg/ takes even threats of doxxing, but I still think you have to stretch it quite far from a claim about me specifying a past version of myself doing a noted bad action, into me threatening a person—who I believe at this point—had left the server and wasn't even reading the conversation. Again—immediately after what was said, I very clearly specified that doxxing is an awful thing to do—and it wasn't an attempt to piggyback either, as no one had even brought up doxxing or it being a morally reprehensible action (which it is). This is not trying to sound defensive, or blame-passing, but I seriously an unable to see how one can construe such a clear disavowment, into a supposed veiled threat.

Gwyn
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Starlord_Gwyn

Re: [DISCORD] itsviro

Post by Gwyn » #711138

/tg/ Discord Rules:
1: Don’t be a dick. This Discord server is meant to be open and friendly, don’t make it into an unenjoyable environment.
1a: Harassment will not be tolerated.

5: Doxing/SWATing: Doing it, encouraging it, or joking about it will lead to you being blacklisted.

First, I want to make clear that while rule 5 has an extremely thin line of tolerance between acceptable, permaban and blacklist, I do not believe your actions were severe enough for one, and I discussed with the headmins to not consider one in these circumstances. Your extremely toxic behavior combined with a very careless and irresponsible comment about doxxing will however net you a prolonged ban from the discord server. I will explain why.

Going "Years ago, I would've doxxed someone over this. I've done it before" shortly after going on a hate-filled tirade against that person is an extremely threatening comment to make, no matter how serious or sarcastic you were in saying it. Frankly I have no idea why you brought it up to begin with, it was a very irresponsible thing to do right after flaming someone. I am willing to consider that you came across this intimidating by accident. If I was fully convinced you did this on purpose I would have asked for a blacklist to be considered. Giving you the benefit of the doubt, what you said and the context you said it in still grazed the line, and we have an absolute 0 tolerance policy on that with rule 5.

With regards to your harassment of another discord member, it was completely unacceptable, and borderline ableist in some of the things you said to them. Even without the doxxing part I would've banned you for this, the two rule breaches together just amplify the length of the ban.

It was originally my intention to ban you from our discord for at least 1 year and ask you to come back with a voucher. While writing this response however, it was pointed out to me you went out on your own initiative to apologize to your victim, I've read it and found it sincere enough that I'm willing to lower the ban down to 9 months instead, given again, that another ss13 community is willing to vouch for your good behavior.

I sincerely hope this ban functions as a reality check to you that the way you've behaved in this community is completely unacceptable. You got very close to some very dire consequences, and need to seriously work on yourself before you can come back.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: [DISCORD] itsviro

Post by Vekter » #711921

Hey Viro, if we haven't received a response in 48 hours, I'm going to consider this resolved and lock it up. Let us know if you need anything else.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you