Byond Username: DaliIsTaken

[Iansdoor] Daliistaken - Banned For Someone Elses Welderbomb

Post by Lizardistaken » #711211

Ban Details
BYOND account: Daliistaken
Character name: Lizard-Man
Ban type: Server
Ban length: 6 hours
Ban reason: As a non-antag assistant, shove fight and pushed a mob to be aggressive in medical for 15 minutes. Leading one of the mob into a welderbomb the mob itself. Please correct this rule 1 shittery.
Time ban was placed: 2023-11-13 15:03:31
Server you were playing on when banned: Terry
Round ID in which ban was placed: 218702

Is the reason/note factually accurate and fair?: No.

I'm mainly appealing the note with this, though preferably also the ban if this somehow manages to get resolved quickly. So as for the first part of this ban, it claims that I started a shove fight and agitated a mob in medical, which legit makes no sense considering I was AFK like half of my stay in medical after initially getting critted. The only shove fight in medical I was a part of was one where nowell shoved me a little when I got out of stasis, and even then it was just the two of us and fairly short. A bit before this, some other short "shove fight" in the halls with igorek that probably lasted about less than 30 seconds (pretty sure I didn't even initiate these shove fights btw). Pretty sure having short shove fights is a regular thing on terry, and that having them when i didn't even initiate them myself isn't "rule 1 shittery". If something that is very common and consistently goes unmoderated every single day on terry is now suddenly an issue, why would you be wordlessly banning them instead of making some kind of attempt at communication first? Also, the only thing even close to a "mob" I witnessed was the supposed traitor mime getting lynched. There was no "mob" when I was around, I don't even know what welderbomb you are referring to because I was literally AFK. Other than the fact that I wasn't even around to see this entire mob thing unfolding, how is some random guy welderbombing grounds to ban me?

This is in fact really easy to prove even with just logs (received from https://tgstation13.org/parsed-logs/ter ... 2/game.txt):

my very last say log, i assume this was when the supposed "med mob shove fight" started (the "mob" consisting of just me and nowell).
[2023-11-13 14:44:03.747] GAME-SAY: DaliIsTaken/(Lizard-Man) "heeeeeeo" (Medbay Treatment Center (79,105,2))

getting shoved for the last time, in fact the last action to indicate any kind of actual possible activity from me:

[2023-11-13 14:46:58.876] GAME-EMOTE: DaliIsTaken/(Lizard-Man) sways around dizzily. (Medbay Lobby (102,111,2))

after this the next activity log is just my character repeatedly screaming and gasping right after someone else welderbombs medbay lobby. I was already AFK at this point, which is evident by the fact that I haven't said anything the whole time and that there is only a one tile difference between the last activity log and this one:

[2023-11-13 14:51:00.969] GAME: Explosion with size (0, 1, 4, 6) in (Medbay Lobby (101,110,2)). Possible cause: the fuel tank. Last fingerprints: coolcatisfeelinggroovy/(Ashley Quinn).
[2023-11-13 14:51:01.044] GAME-EMOTE: DaliIsTaken/(Lizard-Man) screams! (Medbay Lobby (101,111,2))
[2023-11-13 14:51:32.035] GAME-EMOTE: DaliIsTaken/(Lizard-Man) gasps! (Medbay Lobby (101,111,2))

adding my very last "activity" log as well, i assume i got dragged to medbay while crit:

[2023-11-13 14:53:36.377] GAME-EMOTE: DaliIsTaken/(Lizard-Man) gasps! (Medbay Treatment Center (85,105,2))

eventually got back and just disconnected without saying anything, exact same tile as when I was crit by the way:

[2023-11-13 14:58:06.249] GAME-ACCESS: Logout: DaliIsTaken/(Lizard-Man)
[2023-11-13 14:58:06.252] GAME: DaliIsTaken[DC]/(Lizard-Man) DaliIsTaken[DC]/(Lizard-Man) is no longer owning mob Lizard-Man(/mob/living/carbon/human) (Medbay Treatment Center (85,105,2))

Why would you say I "pushed a mob to be aggressive" when I was not even moving or talking? If you were watching any of this you'd have seen me literally not do anything at all while this was happening so I don't even know how you are connecting any of this to me, would really like an explanation here because it makes no sense whatsoever.

Do you disagree with the admin's interpretation of rules or policy?: Yes

Doesn't really make any sense that I'm getting banned for "Rule 1 shittery" over something someone else did, especially since I had nothing to do with it and was not even active to see any of it.

Do you feel the ban length or decision to note was unjustifiably harsh?: Yes, I shouldn't have been banned/noted in the first place.
iansdoor
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Iansdoor

Re: [Iansdoor] Daliistaken - Banned For Someone Elses Welderbomb

Post by iansdoor » #711236

Howdy, there
I am checking the logs once more. I am sorry that Terry tends to ahelp at the end of a round. I'll take off the note and ban in a moment. I was caught in a time crunch for real life class and two ahelps about the excessive tiding. You were not there to chat with me.
My mistake was looking between the logs of ItzFatDog and yourself. That man mentions for people to stop fighting and then points to be bombed later.
► Show Spoiler
iain0
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Iain0

Post by iain0 » #711256

This largely isn't adding anything new here, but the most relevant logs for welder bombings are typically the combat log where you will find this:

https://tgstation13.org/parsed-logs/ter ... attack.txt
[2023-11-13 14:51:00.968] ATTACK: CoolCatIsFeelingGroovy/(Ashley Quinn) detonated a fuel tank at Medbay Lobby (101,110,2) via welding tool. (Medbay Lobby (100,110,2))

The last finger prints /can/ be misleading, though not in this case. Since this particular line wasn't mentioned thus far however I figured I'd add it as perhaps "the most important line" but also to prime all who read this to check attack logs next time for similar.
Lizardistaken
Byond Username: DaliIsTaken

Post by Lizardistaken » #711342

bit of an unusual mistake to make, so it definitely got me a bit confused when i'd noticed the ban, but glad it's resolved. generally speaking though, it's probably not a good idea to ban/note someone over a welderbomb another person chose to set off to be quite honest...
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #711410

I can confirm this note has been removed, so I'll go ahead and assume this has been resolved.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you