VERYFASTMONKEY
Byond Username: VERYFASTMONKEY

[<Archie700>] VERYFASTMONKEY - Antag ban

Post by VERYFASTMONKEY » #712035

BYOND account: VERYFASTMONKEY
Character name: Eridanus
Ban type: Antag
Ban length: 3 days
Ban reason: Banned from Roles: command, Captain, Head of Personnel, Chief Engineer, Quartermaster, Chief Medical Officer, Research Director, Head of Security, Abductor, Xenomorph, Blob, Blood Brother, Changeling, Cultist, Heretic, Hivemind Host, Malf AI, Space Ninja, Operative, Syndicate Mutineer, Revolutionary, Revenant, Head Revolutionary, Sentient Disease, Spider, Syndicate, Traitor, Wizard for 3 days - Suicided as HoP 2 minutes into the shift while stating in OOC before "i swear if i dont get antag". Please do not suicide as head roundstart without informing anyone or suicide because you didn't get antag
Time ban was placed: 2023-11-18 05:11:45
Server you were playing on when banned: Manuel
Round ID in which ban was placed: Round 218993

Reasons for Appealing - the ban was a misunderstanding when said "i swear if i dont get antag" i was expressing my annoyance that i havnt gotten antag in quite some time and meant i would get angry if i didnt get antag, i proceeded to commit suicide as the HOP as i both did not realize i had HOP enabled as i hate HOP and due to the time as it was late and i really had to get off this caused me to forget cryo even existed and kill myself

Is the reason/note factually accurate and fair?: Yes/No - no
If no, please provide more details: the ban came from a misunderstanding as tp why i killed myself and i belive that it is therfore wrong to ban me from almost all antags for 3 days
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: [<Archie700>] VERYFASTMONKEY - Antag ban

Post by Vekter » #712036

It's worth noting that there's two different aspects to the ban in question:

1) Suiciding as a head of staff is generally frowned upon and will get you banned from command roles by itself.
2) Suiciding specifically because you didn't get an antag role is considered "antag rolling". The typical punishment for this is escalating antag bans, as you should ideally be playing the game as both an antag and a crew member, and suiciding because you didn't get an antag role takes up job slots that people who actually want to play could be using.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
VERYFASTMONKEY
Byond Username: VERYFASTMONKEY

Post by VERYFASTMONKEY » #712039

im fine getting banned from played as a head i dont play as any of the heads but i didnt suicide because i wasnt an antag
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #712042

Worth noting that the antag ban was because of something you said in OOC before the round started, prior to your suicide:

Code: Select all

04:47:45	OOC	VERYFASTMONKEY/(VERYFASTMONKEY) "i swear if i dont get antag"	(8, 248, 1)	start area
04:48:48	SAY	VERYFASTMONKEY/(Katherine Ratcliff) "what the fuck"	(103, 116, 4)	Head of Personnel's Office
04:50:01	SAY	VERYFASTMONKEY/(Katherine Ratcliff) "dang it"	(113, 135, 4)	Bridge
04:50:05	SAY	VERYFASTMONKEY/(Katherine Ratcliff) "oh"	(113, 135, 4)	Bridge
04:50:33	SAY	VERYFASTMONKEY/(Katherine Ratcliff) "dunno"	(103, 115, 4)	Head of Personnel's Office
04:50:39	SAY	VERYFASTMONKEY/(Katherine Ratcliff) "dang it"	(103, 115, 4)	Head of Personnel's Office
04:51:36	SAY	VERYFASTMONKEY/(Katherine Ratcliff) (DEAD) "No more HOP"	(101, 115, 4)	Head of Personnel's Office
Suiciding as a head roundstart was very bad, if you do not want to be a head, please inform admins beforehand through ahelps. Ahelps are sent to discord and stay as tickets even if admins are not online, thus we can refer to them in case we go online.

I recommend that you don't suicide and just disconnect, since it's much easier for us to call for ghost to control your body. It's also in good faith to inform others in IC so that one might potentially take over your role IC.

Since you had a reason for leaving, I'm going to bump it down to time served and unban you from your roles. I'm also editing the note to this and removing the antag part:
Banned from Roles: command, Captain, Head of Personnel, Chief Engineer, Quartermaster, Chief Medical Officer, Research Director, Head of Security for 3 days - Suicided as HoP 2 minutes into the shift. Appealed on forums, stating that it was late and he had to get off. Please inform us through ahelps if you need to leave as a head and inform others in IC. Ban reduced to time served due to appeal.
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #712123

If OP hasn't responded to this in 24 hours, I'm closing it as resolved.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you