Temporary Ban Appeal - Lunchlady

Appeals which have been closed.
Schvots

Temporary Ban Appeal - Lunchlady

Post by Schvots » #712475

Discord username: Lunchlady
Commonly used names: Lunchlady
Banning admin: omega_darkpotato
Ban reason: Reposting content that was deleted by another admin (that broke no rules, they just didn't like it)
Time ban was placed: 3 days, starting on November 22nd 2023
Your side of the story: What I originally posted was a creature made of fried mozzarella. Apparently this made some admin uncomfortable. Now, I see stuff on this discord all day that makes me uncomfortable, but this content doesn't breach tos or even the server rules. They just didn't like it. I don't think that admins or mods deleting stuff they don't like that doesn't violate tos or server rules is entirely fair. In fact i think it detracts from the quality of content that can be posted. We aren't here to see a steam of content curated by the mods/admins. We are here to see weird stuff posted by randos on the internet without mods/admins interjecting themselves into every post.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I broke no rule, i abided by discord TOS. I even spoilered this content as i understood not everyone would like it. I think a 3 day ban is excesive especially for what was posted which contained nothing that would violate TOS or server rules. 'Not likeing it' should not be a reason to delete content.

The image in question:
https://tgstation13.download/dip/discordimageproxy.php/attachments/ ... d27952.png

Note how the image doesn't have any genitalia or....anything else that could get it term'd. 'Body pillow' stance last I checked, wasn't against the rules or TOS.
If someone can give me a reason, a real reason why this image is unacceptable then I will rescind this entire appeal and just cope. Otherwise, please try to just not delete content you simply find unappealing.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: Temporary Ban Appeal - Lunchlady

Post by Vekter » #712510

Reason for the timeout:
don't repost things staff have deleted
Omega has been notified.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Schvots

Post by Schvots » #712531

I know why I was muted, but 3 days is pretty excessive.
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #712553

Heya! Shitpost general and discussion general both are channels that allow for NSFW content (so is art-general, actually, since I keep forgetting about that little place) but one of the rules in both of the channels' subtitles is that if you want to post NSFW content you have to both spoiler and tag the images.
Chesh thought the content was NSFW, and What He Says Goes in terms of enforcement, just like any other headmin or MSO. He asked you to not post it again (with quite a lot of messages to that effect) and you did, improperly tagging the post (no tag) and got timed out for it.

I don't really have a whole lot else to add on this one, but I think that a furry food monster with a sloppy drippy yellow mozzarella tongue that looks like its been drawn by an artist who only ever draws cum splitting more sloppy drippy yellow mozzarella over their body and a tail that I had to take multiple looks at to make sure it wasn't a weird lookin dick is pretty NSFW myself, so I didn't really question his viewpoint.

from the purple headmin cat's mouth directly:

Since this is more of me applying a timeout on his decision if he rethinks it or decides it's a nothing-burger he's free to remove the timeout any any moment.
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Post by Cheshify » #712556

The timeout is warranted. This should not be a difficult concept to grasp, if you're going to post weird shit just make sure it's tagged and spoilered so I don't need to look at the sexual mozzarella images. Better yet, just keep it off the Discord.

Anyways, 3 days is a little much, I think a one day timeout teaches the same lesson. Omega and I will reduce it.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta