Lurzik

ban appeal followup

Post by Lurzik » #713068

Ban Details
BYOND account: Lurzik
Character name: Ric Lars
Ban type: Note
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: I have permanently banned you from antagonist until you can play for a month or more without egregious antag rolling. Appeal that ban when you can show you can play the game normally.
Time ban was placed: 11/19/2023 02:28:37
Server you were playing on when banned: Sybil

Reasons for Appealing
Are you appealing a validly placed permaban and would like another chance to be unbanned?: Yes
If yes, please explain why you believe it should be accepted: I understand that antag rolling is bad, and I'm technically not an intern anymore but I never received a warning or anything. And in fairness I wasn't playing a crucial role like medical or engineering, I was just playing geneticist. I know how to play the game normally, but I just wanted to try something dumb, and the problem is is that I could only do it by being traitor geneticist. Obviously I didn't realize it was an offense let alone a permaban offense.

Is the reason/note factually accurate and fair?: No
If no, please provide more details: I think given the context of my ignorance and that I was playing a role I would consider somewhat disposable compared to others, I think not. Otherwise the note was justified.
Supporting logs: My ban was justified, but the time for being banned I would argue was overkill.

Do you disagree with the admin's interpretation of rules or policy?: No
If no, please provide more details: I completely understand the idea of enforcing this rule but how harshly is the problem. I never even got a warning or anything, just a straight permaban.

Do you feel the ban length or decision to note was unjustifiably harsh?: Yes

(FOLLOWUP) This post is a followup to a previous appeal, the appeal is here --> viewtopic.php?p=712110#p712110
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: ban appeal followup

Post by Vekter » #713072

Hey, Scriptis retired since your last appeal so I'll take over on this.

Let me look at your playtime over the last week and I'll get back to you.

E: I'm seeing 18 hours since your ban and not seeing anything that looks like you've bailed early on a round. That works for me. I'll lift the ban.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Lurzik

Re: ban appeal followup

Post by Lurzik » #713082

Thank you <3