Appeals which have been closed.
0ogtarded

[TheBibleMelts] Ratgoo - Ban evasion and being a fool

Post by 0ogtarded » #713415

BYOND account: Ratgoo
Character name: Don't Remember, it was a few months ago
Ban type: Server
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: Ban evading, alt of oogtarded = did the same things that got them banned two years ago within 40 minutes of play. Please change.
Time ban was placed: 2023-07-16 21:59:32
Server you were playing on when banned: Sybil I think
Round ID in which ban was placed: 210374
Reasons for Appealing - Delete irrelevant sections
Are you appealing a validly placed permaban and would like another chance to be unbanned?: Yes/No - **If not relevant, please delete this section**
Yes

If yes, please explain why you believe it should be accepted: Vouches or playtime from other servers go here, as well as examples of good behaviour that could be taken into account or just a genuine and honest request to the admin that whatever you got banned for will never happen again. The more you can support this with evidence, the more likely it will be accepted.
I played on TG on my original account, oogtarded, from about 2015-2021. I was very active, playing multiple times a week. I don't know if any of you guys remember, my character's name was Gil Taintslip. I drew art for the community and was active on the forums, too. My original account was perma'd because I was just a cunt.

Do you disagree with the admin's interpretation of rules or policy?: Yes/No - **If not relevant, please delete this section**
No
If no, please provide more details: If you don't understand how or why what you did broke any of our rules, please explain here.
When I played again on a new account in June, I didn't think I was breaking any rules, but apparently things had changed since the two years I was gone which is fair. Some guy knocked me over and started kicking me so I yelled "my dick" and stuff like that. I believe this was acceptable behavior when I played in 2021. Anyways, this was an honest attempt to play the game again and I was not trying to stir shit and be a dick.

Do you feel the ban length or decision to note was unjustifiably harsh?: Yes/No - **If not relevant, please delete this section**
No
If no, please provide more details: Explain why to the best of your ability. Do you believe this wasn't even a rule break and you shouldn't have been noted? Do you agree with the decision to note or ban, but feel the duration is too harsh? What do you feel would have been proportionate instead and why?
I understand that I was ban evading and behaving inappropriately, but I feel like after two years it wouldn't hurt to have a second chance. I loved this game, and I want to love it again now. I must have clocked at least 1000 hours on my old account on TG alone. I'm not sure if the oldheads that I ran with are still around (I still miss you, Ricky McClousky) but that's alright. I'd only want to play again legitimately though rather than ban evading.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: [TheBibleMelts] Ratgoo - Ban evasion and being a fool

Post by Vekter » #713418

Banning admin for the original offense was Shaps, they have been notified as well. Original ban reason was:
Banned from the server permanently - Ran around spraypainting "FUCK NIGGERS" all over the station then committed suicide and disconnected when PM'd about it. I don't know what moron unbanned them from their last perma but this one sticks.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
0ogtarded

Post by 0ogtarded » #713419

Vekter wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:57 am Banning admin for the original offense was Shaps, they have been notified as well. Original ban reason was:
Banned from the server permanently - Ran around spraypainting "FUCK NIGGERS" all over the station then committed suicide and disconnected when PM'd about it. I don't know what moron unbanned them from their last perma but this one sticks.
yeah that's pretty bad. I was just an aggressive cunt. Understandable if you guys don't unban me.
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #713449

Get a vouch from another server
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #713454

See the following thread for more information on obtaining a vouch: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=33611
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TheBibleMelts

Post by TheBibleMelts » #713472

i appreciate the thought you put into the appeal, but I'll just parrot what the others said and play on other similar server for a bit. i do feel like you've expressed genuine misgivings with what you did though.
0ogtarded

Post by 0ogtarded » #713477

would /vg/station be an acceptable server to receive a vouch from?
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master

Post by TheBibleMelts » #714024

i'm not sure how active /vg/ is anymore, i'd rather a station with some more regular pop if you can.
0ogtarded

Post by 0ogtarded » #714047

TheBibleMelts wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 6:34 am i'm not sure how active /vg/ is anymore, i'd rather a station with some more regular pop if you can.
ill just play on goon or citadel until i can obtain a vouch if thats alright
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #714105

0ogtarded wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 10:14 am
TheBibleMelts wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 6:34 am i'm not sure how active /vg/ is anymore, i'd rather a station with some more regular pop if you can.
IIRC Goon doesn't do vouches, idk if Citadel does. We take vouches from Bee and Yog on a regular basis; those are your best bet.
Spoiler:

TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master

Post by TheBibleMelts » #714107

0ogtarded wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 10:14 am
sounds good to me.