Byond Username: Rainbolt

Archie700 - Ban Appeal

Post by Rainbolt » #713546

Ban Details
BYOND account: Rainbolt
Character name: Dylan Lord
Ban type: Server
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: "Rule 8, emoted "cums" in multiple rounds and has said "gamer girl pee", "I need mommy toes in my mouth", and requested "milkies". You were already warned about rule 8 and you have continuously breached it"
Time ban was placed: 13:41:11 +1 UTC
Server you were playing on when banned: Terry - could be Sybil as I play on both - but most likely Terry.
Round ID in which ban was placed: 219597

Reasons for Appealing - Delete irrelevant sections
Are you appealing a validly placed permaban and would like another chance to be unbanned?: Yes
If yes, please explain why you believe it should be accepted:

(This is a detour but I promise it's relevant)
Honestly, i've been going through a rough patch in my life. This is mostly stemming from a worsening in my personal mental health, and a local shortage of essential medication where I live.
To give you the sparknotes - I have a pretty bad case of ADHD - I function fine when I am on my meds - but without them - I just can't.
Without them I become grumpy, hot-headed and pretty impulsive, often doing things without the consideration of others, which I think has been reflected in my playstyle the last couple of weeks,
and especially in regards to the crude language displayed above.

As of yesterday my medication issue has been fixed, and it's already made a big difference. This may be TMI but for those who are interested in more detail; my medication deals primarily with long-term executive function, planning - basically anything that has to do with the concept of consequence or long term-thinking. I'm basically a vegetable without it.

As for the ban itself I have few complaints aside from it's length. The ban reason was valid. What I did was wrong. And I honestly apologize for my behavior.
I'm not writing this appeal with high-hopes, I only ask that you consider my situation. Being permabanned from the best servers due my own idiotic slip-ups and lapse of judgment is the last thing I want.
I'm willing, and now able, to do better. I hope you can give me this chance.

If you have any questions or need clarification i'd be glad to answer.
I'd like to thank the playerbase and especially the moderation team (brownie points to Lain0) who have patiently put up with my shit. You boys are golden.

PS: Please let me know if I set up the BYOND Link Correctly!

Is the reason/note factually accurate and fair?: Yes

Do you feel the ban length or decision to note was unjustifiably harsh?: I think a permanent ban is a little much - but I do agree with the overall basis of the ban.
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Re: Archie700 - Ban Appeal

Post by Archie700 » #714014

Hi,

I'm not really convinced that you were emoting "cum" or talking about "gamer girl pee" due to your ADHD.
Especially since you already broke it once and were warned about it.

However, I'm going to give you a chance. Your ban has been reduced to one week from the original ban duration.

Please read the rules.
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: Archie700 - Ban Appeal

Post by Vekter » #714604

Hi, if you don't have anything else to add to this appeal, I'm going to go ahead and lock it in 24 hours.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you