[DISCORD] Localbox

Appeals which have been closed.
Localbox
Byond Username: Localbox

[DISCORD] Localbox

Post by Localbox » #713686

Discord username: Localbox, with the handle localbox. As discriminators were removed I won't include mine
Commonly used names: Localbox, Khara Cravens
Banning admin: It's the damndest thing, I forgot.
Ban reason: Believe I made a joke about Brick Mortar or Scriptis, the admin who had just permabanned me for a history of bad notes, being 'racist' and banning me because he 'knew I was Mexican'.
Time ban was placed: Approximately in February 2023, I don't remember. It was somewhere around the end of the month or in very early March as it was very close to after I'd been permanently banned from /tg/station.
Your side of the story: Well obviously I was salty. Can't deny that, and I wouldn't like to lie. I'd played on /tg/station for so long and grown such a liking to the community, and I enjoyed my time there. I wasn't the happiest about being banned but I can't say I was completely raging either. The reason I said that was because Brick had previously shown disdain for my playstyle, which I admit was pretty bad, so I believed he was a little biased in his banning of me, but this likely wasn't true. So obviously I was joking when I called Scriptis racist, and it was a joke in rather bad taste, and I understand that. So an admin came along, questioned me about it I believe, I told them I was joking and said Scriptis didn't know I was Mexican, which I am, at which point they said something along the lines of 'that just makes this easier' and proceeded to ban me from the discord.
Why you think you should be unbanned: Well as I explained above, I was joking when I 'accused' Scriptis of being racist. It was definitely in bad taste and I shouldn't have made that joke, and I understand this now. It was likely against the rules to say it, however I think that admin simply went and banned me way, way too fast. There was no warning, no nothing, just a vague remark and then I was banned. I don't find this to be entirely fair. And I was in the wrong, however I believe it's been a while since I was banned from both the game and the discord, and I've grown a little bit. I guess at the time I was a little bit immature, and I had been, however I've since had time to work on myself and grow. I don't think I would be as immature or out-of-pocket anymore, and I'd stop and read the rules on the Discord again. I hope I can be accepted back in, and I understand that appeals based on 'umm well i'm different now!' usually aren't taken, but I think I can be less of a shitter if i'm brought back into the community.
Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Hulkamania

Re: [DISCORD] Localbox

Post by Hulkamania » #713708

Heyo, I was the one who performed this ban.

Out of curiosity do you plan on appealing your in-game ban as well or just the discord one? This isn't going to drastically affect how I handle this appeal but I'd like to be aware of your intentions in the community in the longer term.
Localbox
Byond Username: Localbox

Post by Localbox » #713713

I do infact plan on appealing from the game. Not immediately. I'm aware Scriptis has retired (I think? A friend told me) and I most definitely have changed for the better gamewise, I really hope I can be less of a nuisance and a shitter and I hope I can amass less notes than at the magnitude I once did. For now I'm working on getting a vouch and waiting for a full year to pass, thank you for asking. I'd just like to fit back into the community.
Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Hulkamania

Post by Hulkamania » #713750

While I'm not exactly keen on some of the wording of the original post, I'm lifting this ban. I have enough faith that you will continue to be a better you and that the community could be more enjoyable by having that kind of attitude around. I wish you the best.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #713752

Localbox wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:21 pm I do infact plan on appealing from the game. Not immediately. I'm aware Scriptis has retired (I think? A friend told me) and I most definitely have changed for the better gamewise, I really hope I can be less of a nuisance and a shitter and I hope I can amass less notes than at the magnitude I once did. For now I'm working on getting a vouch and waiting for a full year to pass, thank you for asking. I'd just like to fit back into the community.
Go ahead and post your game appeal and I'll take a look at it when you do.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you