Byond Username: Localbox

[Scriptis] Ban for accruement of too many notes

Post by Localbox » #714040

Ban Details
BYOND account: Localbox
Character name: Khara J. Ross-Cravens
Ban type: Server
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: "As the captain, used a toy AI for a "law of the land gimmick." The first law was antimov for engineers. After ordering security to beat the hell out of the security team, the AI started bolting down Localbox, demanding that the order be rescinded before her release. Localbox then called for a crew lynching of the AI, leading to the AI's death. Localbox made no attempt at de-escalation during this time. No, the AI was not griefing you, and no, you cannot kill silicons for following asimov. You have accrued a frankly incredible amount of notes for poor behavior like this in the past months. Cons-" Cuts off there but he was likely going to tell me to consider getting a vouch or something.
Time ban was placed: 2/27/2023 MDY
Server you were playing on when banned: Sybil
Round ID in which ban was placed: 200864

Reasons for Appealing - Delete irrelevant sections
Are you appealing a validly placed permaban and would like another chance to be unbanned?: Yes
If yes, please explain why you believe it should be accepted: Unfortunately I am not in the best place to write this appeal. Currently I'm banned from Yogstation, the primary server I was playing on to get a vouch, for having gotten heated at another player. I'm also banned on Bee and Fulpstation for having been a shitter, but those were from when I'd just started the game and hadn't a grasp on the rules, so I was really just being stupid. I digress - I am writing this appeal much sooner than I'd wished to, as Vekter requested for me to make an appeal yesterday. I don't have a vouch or anything, only hours, and I am currently waiting for my appeal from Yogstation to be accepted so I can put in more hours. I believe I have more than 50 to 100 hours on Yogstation, and eh, while it's applicability is questionable, I do have about 100 hours on Bubberstation.

I suppose I went there because of the cool /tg/ code. Besides these factors, I come and write this appeal currently with only a pledge, one that I am better now. I believe I said this on my appeal from the Discord, but I understand appeals based solely on "Erm, I'm better now, let me in please!" are not usually accepted however I say this as genuinely as possible. I believe I have grown and I am better able to control myself and be less of a detrimental shitter. I'll stop to read the rules for any changes and I promise I will cause less trouble, as frankly I can't believe I did some of the stupid shit I did back then. So I do sincerely hope you can accept this appeal based on my apology and my promise that I will be a better player and contribute more to the game, as I have worked on my impulse control and have tried my best not to have stupid salty outbursts. Thank you. I hope if I get unbanned, admins will be able to look past my note history as I'm no longer the same person I was.

Is the reason/note factually accurate and fair?: Yes

Supporting logs:Not applicable it seems.

Do you disagree with the admin's interpretation of rules or policy?: No, he was in the right.
If no, please provide more details: Haha, I think the wording on this is a little odd, but regardless I think Scriptis was right in permanently banning me as I'd accrued a frankly ridiculous amount of notes.

Do you feel the ban length or decision to note was unjustifiably harsh?: No
If no, please provide more details: I had about fifty notes? Yikes, awful. Really unacceptable behavior from me.
Localbox

Re: [Scriptis] Ban for accruement of too many notes

Post by Localbox » #714041

For clarification, the ban reason cuts off everywhere I can find it. CentCom, trying to join the game, public ban logs.
Haha, I guess he really went off on me, suppose I deserved it.
Drag
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thedragmeme

Post by Drag » #714067

Scriptis has retired, as such any admin can handle this appeal.

Your full ban reads as such:
Banned from the server permanently - As the captain, used a toy AI for a "law of the land gimmick." The first law was antimov for engineers. After ordering security to beat the hell out of the engineers, the AI started bolting down Localbox, demanding that the order be rescinded before her release. Localbox then called for a crew lynching of the AI, leading to the AI's death. Localbox made no attempt at de-escalation during this time. No, the AI was not griefing you, and no, you cannot kill silicons for following asimov. You have accrued a frankly incredible amount of notes for poor behavior like this in the past months.

I don't personally mind giving you another shot. What do you feel you've learned from this, and by extension all of the other bans you've accumulated?
Localbox

Post by Localbox » #714112

Drag wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 1:16 pm Scriptis has retired, as such any admin can handle this appeal.

Your full ban reads as such:
Banned from the server permanently - As the captain, used a toy AI for a "law of the land gimmick." The first law was antimov for engineers. After ordering security to beat the hell out of the engineers, the AI started bolting down Localbox, demanding that the order be rescinded before her release. Localbox then called for a crew lynching of the AI, leading to the AI's death. Localbox made no attempt at de-escalation during this time. No, the AI was not griefing you, and no, you cannot kill silicons for following asimov. You have accrued a frankly incredible amount of notes for poor behavior like this in the past months.

I don't personally mind giving you another shot. What do you feel you've learned from this, and by extension all of the other bans you've accumulated?
I think I have learned more in retrospective than in the moment, however I don't want to discredit old me's ability to learn from bans and mistakes. I think now I have learned to tone it down with several things - Shittery, self-antagging and upredictability where I mess up people's rounds with the stupid bullshit I do. What I have mainly learned is that sometimes, I just need to take a backseat and chill out, as not every round has to be super action-packed for me. I think my time on more lax roleplay servers has taught me that I can just... Chill out. I can, again, take a backseat, or even then I can play the game without ruining other people's rounds. Frankly my previous gameplay was despicable and I think I've reflected and can further once I'm able to see all my old notes. All in all, I've generally learned to just chill out from all of my bans, thank you.
Drag
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thedragmeme

Post by Drag » #714123

You have a ban in October from Yogstation, I'm assuming that's the ban you're trying to appeal at the same time as this one. What are your thoughts on that ban?

For clarity's sake, the ban reads:
0.0: Don't be a dick. Telling the Captain to kill himself after he was arrested.
I'd consider this to be fairly recent, and it's something we take pretty seriously too.
Localbox

Post by Localbox » #714124

Drag wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 7:06 pm You have a ban in October from Yogstation, I'm assuming that's the ban you're trying to appeal at the same time as this one. What are your thoughts on that ban?

For clarity's sake, the ban reads:
0.0: Don't be a dick. Telling the Captain to kill himself after he was arrested.
I'd consider this to be fairly recent, and it's something we take pretty seriously too.
Yes, unfortunately that was a bit of a slipup and I was simply told to take a break by the abnning admin and come back when I was calmer. I let it sit a bit too long, however now I'm appealing it. I think from that I've learned to, as I believe i've stated, control my outbursts. It is something I'm currently working on and have made progress in, and I suppose I was just in a bad place at the time and I was extremely frustrated after the acting captain, the Research Director, had arrested me, a researcher, his direct subordinate, for defending myself from a heretic who'd previously tried to killed me. I thought I was in the right at the time and exploded at him. I hope you understand my outburst, and I want to assure you I am working on it and I want to be a better, less angry person, thank you. Here is the link to my appeal from Yogs:

https://forums.yogstation.net/threads/s ... omu.27593/
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #714135

Hey gamer, Drag has some IRL stuff going on and they asked me to take over on this for them.

You have a very extensive history of issues on our server. I believe in second chances and I don't mind giving you one, but please understand that some of your previous history could factor in if there are future issues. Are you okay with that?
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Localbox

Post by Localbox » #714136

Vekter wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 7:59 pm Hey gamer, Drag has some IRL stuff going on and they asked me to take over on this for them.

You have a very extensive history of issues on our server. I believe in second chances and I don't mind giving you one, but please understand that some of your previous history could factor in if there are future issues. Are you okay with that?
Yes, I fully understand, thank you. It's truly a shame it has to be this way, and I only hope that if I get a vouch from Yogstation this can help my record and ease off the notes from when I was a much less pleasant person. Regardless, thank you for the second chance, and I will work my hardest to earn back the reputation I ruined in my old days, thank you.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #714142

Alright, you're unbanned. Keep in mind that continuing the same behavior that got you banned will result in you being banned again, and third chances are much, much harder to get around here. I trust that you can show us improvement. Please don't make me wrong.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you