[GeneralThrax] Runter523 - Banned for shooting prisoners as I was attacked in my mech.

Appeals which have been closed.
Runter523
Byond Username: Runter523

[GeneralThrax] Runter523 - Banned for shooting prisoners as I was attacked in my mech.

Post by Runter523 » #714596

According to the admin, I went into perma with my mech before killing the prisoners, then shooting at the borgs who attacked me. I rage quit when I was killed.
BYOND account: Runter523
Character name: Randall Husky
Ban type: Server ban
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: As a security officer went into perma with an exosuit and executing a perma prisoner before shooting at the borgs as they attacked my mech. Screamed AI rogue over comms before rage quitting. (I was unable to copy the note, tried my best to type it here)
Time ban was placed: 2023-12-05 4:02:56
Server you were playing on when banned: Manuel
Round ID in which ban was placed: 219974

This was entirely a misunderstanding. I had recently built my own paddy, and had been going around patrolling the station with it. I decided to go into perma to see if there were any prisoners, and to check on them. We had a chat about my mech, and they proceeded to look at each other, saying "do it" before attacking my mech with shivs. I had no disablers on my mech at this time, so I decided to shoot at them until the ceased attacking me. Then, immediately after, called for a doctor to perma and explained the situation to the warden, who understood. The AI, however, decided to take matters into its own hands and sent multiple borgs to hunt me down, without asking me anything about the situation, and so, assuming the AI was rogue, shot at the borgs attacking me.
Are you appealing a validly placed permaban and would like another chance to be unbanned?: No, I do not believe this ban is valid as the not never mentioned the fact I was attacked by the prisoners first, and that the AI had sent its own borgs to attack me after the situation was already resolved with my superiors. It sounds like not all of the information was gathered, and a ban was placed on me without all of the valid context.

Is the reason/note factually accurate and fair?: No.
If no, please provide more details: This note does not mention the reason I attacked the prisoners in self-defense, nor the fact the situation was resolved within security before the AI decided to attack me anyways.
Supporting logs: {"ts":"2023-12-05 03:48:13.533","cat":"attack","msg":"ThatCoolGuyDevin/(Randy Highlands) (mob_3340) attacked [Randall's Death Machine] with the carrot shiv (Prison Wing (81,203,2))","data":null,"w-state":{"tick_usage":102.644,"tick_lag":0.5,"time":32975.5,"timestamp":"1701748093.534067"},"s-store":null,"id":40779,"s-ver":"1.0.0"} This occurred before I ever shot anyone.

Do you feel the ban length or decision to note was unjustifiably harsh?: Yes, as I never attacked anyone first in this situation, and had only ever defended myself. I do not think I broke any rules in my self-defense.
If no, please provide more details: N/A
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: [GeneralThrax] Runter523 - Banned for shooting prisoners as I was attacked in my mech.

Post by Vekter » #714602

Full ban reason:
Banned from the server permanently - As a security officer, went and executed a perma prisoners with an exosuit before opening fire on borgs trying to stop him, proceeding to rage quit after screaming that the AI was rogue after they removed him from the suit. With a pretty awful record of similar offences in a comparatively short amount of time, I'm placing a permanent ban as I don't believe you're here to play in good faith. If you think this was placed in error you can appeal on the tgstation website's forums.
Thrax has been notified.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
General Thrax
Byond Username: GeneralThrax

Re: [GeneralThrax] Runter523 - Banned for shooting prisoners as I was attacked in my mech.

Post by General Thrax » #714616

Whoops. You're unbanned.
Runter523
Byond Username: Runter523

Post by Runter523 » #714617

Love you. Yeah, misunderstanding and I don't think the AI got the whole picture. It was a pretty shit round. Thanks so much!

ADMINABUSEADMINABUSEADMINABUSEADMINABUSEADMINABUSEADMINABUSEADMINABUSEADMINABUSEADMINABUSEADMINABUSE
BADMINBADMINBADMINBADMINBADMINBADMINBADMINBADMINBADMINBADMINBADMINBADMINBADMINBADMINBADMINBADMINBADMINBADMINBADMINBADMINBADMINBADMINBADMINBADMIN