Alt Account Accusation Confusion (I just wanna play tg)

Appeals which have been closed.
HiILikeCatsALOT

Alt Account Accusation Confusion (I just wanna play tg)

Post by HiILikeCatsALOT » #714678

[BAN] N/A(NotSureOfAdmin) HiILikeCats thadeathwalker

BYOND account: HiILikeCats
Your character name: Bring Your Dead
Their character name(s): N/A(No other involved)
When did it take place: Took place 12:50pm
Round ID in which ban was placed: Sadly No Round ID(I didn't know I needed that)
Evidence: Not quite but there is more to it
Your side of the story: I was apparently banned on Terry because of an accusation of being a alt to "thadeathwalker"; yet I
have no connections or any idea who this person is in general. I was given this laptop from my uncle & I think it belonged to one of my cousins he kept for awhile. I'm not even on the same email as him; I like tg a lot & I would never hurt the rules on purpose, the only interaction I had with a admin was when I got IC mad in a OOC chat. I don't remember their name but I wasn't trying to cause any harm on my end. Is there a way I can play tg again normally while just minding my own business again?
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: Alt Account Accusation Confusion (I just wanna play tg)

Post by Vekter » #714689

Banning admin was NecromancerAnne. I've notified her.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
HiILikeCatsALOT

Post by HiILikeCatsALOT » #714693

Thank you, I came back with my cousin playing on it & 10 minutes later I got banned. I saw he didn't even use my username or password & it was completely separate accounts but he got back on his old account because I let my family play on it sometimes because I feel bad for them losing the laptop; but I tell them to use their own information & keep it out of mine.
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #714694

Hi.

I was going to explain some more sophisticated means by which I identified the connection between your accounts, but uh...Bring Your Dead is not one of the characters associated with the HiILikeCts account. That is the character name of the person who you claim you are not. So, you know, lol.

So I think I'll deny this. Headmins can have a second opinion if they think I should demonstrate more evidence.
HiILikeCatsALOT

Post by HiILikeCatsALOT » #714698

I didn't play any characters when I got banned on my account. I wasn't in my account when I was banned,which is why I named the other one. I talked to my cousin & that's how I know what his name is. He told me he got caught with some people & left before they could perma him. I don't know what he did to get banned on the time he played. I shouldn't been punished for someone else's faults. on his own in the game but please understand I am not trying to undermine you or anything. I genuinely just want my account back & play tg. I will try to find evidence but please know I really don't know what I did wrong.

(Edit: Your website also seemed to want very detailed information & I tried to make it accurate for you
Last edited by HiILikeCatsALOT on Wed Dec 06, 2023 5:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
HiILikeCatsALOT

Post by HiILikeCatsALOT » #714699

I didn't play any characters when I got banned on my account. I wasn't in my account when I was banned,which is why I named the other one. I talked to my cousin & that's how I know what his name is. He told me he got caught with some people & left before they could perma him. I don't know what he did to get banned on the time he played. I shouldn't been punished for someone else's faults. on his own in the game but please understand I am not trying to undermine you or anything. I genuinely just want my account back & play tg. I will try to find evidence but please know I really don't know what I did wrong.
HiILikeCatsALOT

Post by HiILikeCatsALOT » #714742

]I'm sorry I can't give any Round IDs or more compelling information(Im just confused) but I was able to find out who in my family was thadeathwalker I took this picture ME(HiILikeCats) & thadeathwalker(The real one). May I get my account back as we are clearly not the same people & I will still stick to what I said because I was just being accurate & this is proving doing things right doesn't seem to matter. I will ignore this incident but this is just getting ridiculous, I just want to play tg.

[Picture Removed]
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #714792

I'm gonna lock this before anyone posts any more pictures of themselves. Head admins may obviously unlock this if they wish to overturn the ban but it seems like Anne's mind is made up.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin

Post by NecromancerAnne » #714794

Having talked this out with some admins, namely Timber, it's possible that there are two people operating on a single computer in this instance. Unlikely, but possible. That said, please don't go posting pictures of yourself, even just parts of your body, on the internet to a bunch of online strangers. Image metadata is in fact a potential risk factor for locating personal information about you, and I didn't need you to compromise your own personal safety in order to get unbanned.

These situations can cause problems due to how our detection process works.

I'm willing to unban the HiILikeCats account for the sake of taking you at face value, though I'll leave a note to acknowledge the connection and circumstances. Your cousin will have to appeal separately, if only because I feel we need to at least have a chat about the incident that occurred in the round they played that got them banned.
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin

Post by NecromancerAnne » #714795

Since you both float between the various servers, I'd suggest you stick to the following restrictions so that we don't end up in this situation again;

A) Never allow anyone but yourself to play on your account. This one is pretty obvious. One person per account.
B) Don't play in the same round as someone who has used this computer on another account.

Easy.
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin

Post by NecromancerAnne » #714796

Right, should be able to join. I've unlocked in case you have any issues joining a round and you need to tell us.
ThaDeathWalker

Post by ThaDeathWalker » #714816

im walker my cousin didn't do anything I got banned on Fulp for saying engineer to suck their own dicks but they were not doing their job & stopped playing until I saw her play on your server on my laptop. I wanted to play on my account & logged into my acc without telling my cousin because I thought it would be ok.

(edit: My cousin also said for me to apologize for what I done, so I'm sorry
(edit2: She tried logging in byond but it isn't working still, is it because I have to make a appeal?
Last edited by ThaDeathWalker on Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Justice12354
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Justice12354

Post by Justice12354 » #715299

ThaDeathWalker wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:34 pm (edit2: She tried logging in byond but it isn't working still, is it because I have to make a appeal?
Refer back to:
NecromancerAnne wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:22 pm I'm willing to unban the HiILikeCats account for the sake of taking you at face value, though I'll leave a note to acknowledge the connection and circumstances. Your cousin will have to appeal separately, if only because I feel we need to at least have a chat about the incident that occurred in the round they played that got them banned.
Spoiler:
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it