Appeals which have been closed.
FuzzyWuzzy

[Pumpkin0] BottleOfFur - OOC in IC

Post by FuzzyWuzzy » #715227

BYOND account: BottleOfFur
Character name: Can't remember.
Ban type: Server
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: Repeated rulebreakings, culminated in an OOC in IC cascade where they completely lost their cool after being removed from the game. 06:07:49: Reply PM from-BottleOfFur/(Artificer (646)): So just hurry up and ban me already. Was already on their last warning, so this is a permaban.
Time ban was placed: 2021-04-10 06:14:13
Server you were playing on when banned: Manuel
Round ID in which ban was placed: 159970
Your side of the story: It has now been a little over two whole years since this ban was initially instated. I've spent this time frankly working my ass off to become a more well adjusted person and overall better at handling my emotions given the reason I had been banned from here in the first place was due to me losing my cool. I understand that it may take some evidence of my change in order for you to believe that I have indeed shaped up my behavior. I'm willing to provide a vouch if needed, as the host of Monkestation was willing to give me one in order to help out in my appeal so that I could take part in this year's annual toolbox tournament.
References of good conduct: Recalling all of the servers I've played in the past two years would be tough, but I'd like to preface by saying that in spite of my many mistakes, I've made it my goal to amend these past infractions with all individuals involved. Life has been more than a little bit of a slippery slope for me and this game is a hobby for me. I had to take several extended breaks due to my personal situation changing drastically and I'm proud to say that I'm returning with a better mindset and an interest in adding to the community rather than being a detriment to it.
Pumpkin0
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Pumpkin0

Re: [Pumpkin0] BottleOfFur - OOC in IC

Post by Pumpkin0 » #715231

Hi, thanks for making this appeal.

Is there any way you could show me proof of Monkestation's host giving you a vouch? Would be preferable if he's able to confirm that you've played without major incident for a while specifically.
I am happy that you've been making efforts this past year to improve your conduct, but I do have one concern that I'd really like if you were able to put at rest. When you last made an appeal in 2022 November, you had it denied and seemed to revert to some old bad habits of cursing out the people involved. I'm comfortable if the vouch is sufficient to unban you, but not if there's going to be further incidents like that - do you think that sort of thing is behind you?
the w
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Post by RaveRadbury » #715232

RaveRadbury wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:54 pm We do not accept hard or soft vouches from streamer servers. These are servers that are ran by streamers and feature their community. The vouch system exists to offer players who have had difficulties with rulesets opportunities to improve and this is better done on servers that have larger staff and resources.
Monkestation is a streamer server for DukeOfOok
FuzzyWuzzy

Post by FuzzyWuzzy » #715233

Pumpkin0 wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 4:12 am Hi, thanks for making this appeal.

Is there any way you could show me proof of Monkestation's host giving you a vouch? Would be preferable if he's able to confirm that you've played without major incident for a while specifically.
I am happy that you've been making efforts this past year to improve your conduct, but I do have one concern that I'd really like if you were able to put at rest. When you last made an appeal in 2022 November, you had it denied and seemed to revert to some old bad habits of cursing out the people involved. I'm comfortable if the vouch is sufficient to unban you, but not if there's going to be further incidents like that - do you think that sort of thing is behind you?
Absolutely. Would a Gyazo screenshot of their message work? It's the main way I take screencaps. As for the latter question, I was antsy to see myself unbanned and wasn't yet in a place of relative emotional stability in spite of my claiming otherwise. I've learned to take disappointment in stride since then. After all, if not this year, I'll most likely still be around by the next one!
Pumpkin0
In-Game Admin

Post by Pumpkin0 » #715237

RaveRadbury wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 4:13 am [Denial of streamer server vouches]
I wasn't acutely aware of this before I said it would be cool to do so, that's on me
Though I've been informed I can treat it as an exception in this case, which I am happy to do - though it will not apply to you or any other players in the future. In saying that, you likely had been playing it with an intention of improving yourself for /tg/ before that particular post was made, so there's even more reason to make an exception here.
FuzzyWuzzy wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 4:16 am Would a Gyazo screenshot of their message work?
I think so! Just make sure they're absolutely and completely okay with you using it as a vouch, that you'll be posting it here, and all that it might entail afterward.
the w
FuzzyWuzzy

Post by FuzzyWuzzy » #715238

Pumpkin0 wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 4:25 am
RaveRadbury wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 4:13 am [Denial of streamer server vouches]
I wasn't acutely aware of this before I said it would be cool to do so, that's on me
Though I've been informed I can treat it as an exception in this case, which I am happy to do - though it will not apply to you or any other players in the future. In saying that, you likely had been playing it with an intention of improving yourself for /tg/ before that particular post was made, so there's even more reason to make an exception here.
FuzzyWuzzy wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 4:16 am Would a Gyazo screenshot of their message work?
I think so! Just make sure they're absolutely and completely okay with you using it as a vouch, that you'll be posting it here, and all that it might entail afterward.
I am immensely grateful for you being willing to make an exception in this case. I promise not to make you regret it. https://gyazo.com/e82f5f5d0df660d5a627b80aa5aadf55
Pumpkin0
In-Game Admin

Post by Pumpkin0 » #715239

FuzzyWuzzy wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 4:27 am I am immensely grateful for you being willing to make an exception in this case. I promise not to make you regret it. https://gyazo.com/e82f5f5d0df660d5a627b80aa5aadf55
You've broken my trust once or twice before, so I'm really counting on you here. I look forward to seeing you back on the /tg/ servers, and really hope you've found yourself in a better situation than you were at during your initial ban. It's up to you to ensure that you don't fall into the same pitfalls you'd encountered all those years ago, and there's only so much I can do to help you from there. Best of luck to you - you'll be unbanned soon enough.
the w
FuzzyWuzzy

Post by FuzzyWuzzy » #715241

Pumpkin0 wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 4:31 am
FuzzyWuzzy wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 4:27 am I am immensely grateful for you being willing to make an exception in this case. I promise not to make you regret it. https://gyazo.com/e82f5f5d0df660d5a627b80aa5aadf55
You've broken my trust once or twice before, so I'm really counting on you here. I look forward to seeing you back on the /tg/ servers, and really hope you've found yourself in a better situation than you were at during your initial ban. It's up to you to ensure that you don't fall into the same pitfalls you'd encountered all those years ago, and there's only so much I can do to help you from there. Best of luck to you - you'll be unbanned soon enough.
Many thanks. I can assure you that I will be on my best behavior.
Pumpkin0
In-Game Admin

Post by Pumpkin0 » #715242

I believe you. You're unbanned - I'm putting a lot of trust in you.
the w
Pumpkin0
In-Game Admin

Post by Pumpkin0 » #715243

Do you want the OOC ban lifted, too?
the w
FuzzyWuzzy

Post by FuzzyWuzzy » #715244

Pumpkin0 wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 4:36 am Do you want the OOC ban lifted, too?
I think I'll pass on that for the time being if that's alright. I'll make a separate appeal for it at some point in the future when I feel more comfortable interacting in OOC communication.
Pumpkin0
In-Game Admin

Post by Pumpkin0 » #715245

That's a good call. You're unbanned from the game.
the w