RandrieLre

FallR appeal

Post by RandrieLre » #716070

Ban Details
BYOND account: FallR
Character name: Walter Rozentein
Ban type: Server
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: As non-antagonist, caused a TTV explosion, killing another player and blowing a hole in the hallway.
Time ban was placed: 2023-10-26 15:09:23
Server you were playing on when banned: Terry
Round ID in which ban was placed: 217538

Reasons for Appealing
Are you appealing a validly placed permaban and would like another chance to be unbanned?: Yes
If yes, please explain why you believe it should be accepted: I think I can be given a second chance. I almost completely agree with the reason for the ban; I am confused by the fact that the death of the player is attributed to me, although it was he himself who cocked the TTV bomb (significantly reduced in power due to the fact that heating took place using ordinary heaters). When I played on the server I didn't take role-playing games seriously, but now after the experience in space station 14 I realized that role-playing games are very deep and quite serious. I want to continue my gaming experience in role-playing games on your server and I promise that such cases with TTV bombs will not happen again and I will try not to violate any rules anymore.

Is the reason/note factually accurate and fair?: No
If no, please provide more details: The reason for the blocking is a little inaccurate, since the player about whom it is written in the blocking himself activated the explosives that were lying on the floor (I threw it out of fear from the huge clowns) and yet I hold myself responsible for the fact that a hole appeared in the corridor due to the explosion .

Do you disagree with the admin's interpretation of rules or policy?: No

Do you feel the ban length or decision to note was unjustifiably harsh?: Yes
Isratosh
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Isratosh

Re: FallR appeal

Post by Isratosh » #716084

Full ban reason: Banned from the server permanently - As non-antagonist, caused a TTV explosion, killing another player and blowing a hole in the hallway above medbay escalated to perma due to history of self-antag on a very fresh account

Banning admin was Lulufren, they have been notified.
Feedback
Bartholomew Martins
Spoiler:
conrad wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 6:22 pm Image
Lulufren
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Lulufren

Re: FallR appeal

Post by Lulufren » #716195

I'm not sure wether or not i misread who exactly caused the explosion, but since you agree that making the bomb and bringing it into the situation gives you a significant part of the responsibility, it's a non-issue.

Seeing that more than a month has passed and that you'll hopefully avoid bringing TTVs to the fight where they can cause collateral damage, i think it's fair to just lift the ban.