Post by Gamer4ever » #716652

Ban Details
BYOND account: BoomFran30
Character name: Jeremy Teagarden
Ban type: Server
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: Ban evasion
Time ban was placed: 2023-12-25, 20:40:17 UTC
Server you were playing on when banned: Manuel ( The one I tried connecting to )
Round ID in which ban was placed: 221122

Reasons for Appealing - Delete irrelevant sections
Are you appealing a validly placed permaban and would like another chance to be unbanned?: Yes
If yes, please explain why you believe it should be accepted:I've made a sincere mistake, and instead of waiting out that day of my ban, I've decided to try and connect on an alternative account, the idea was very stupid and will not happen again, I didn't have anything to do at the time and decided to do something really stupid, I will accept the full punishment if I ever try and evade another ban. And I do get my history isn't bright, but these last two bans taught me how to handle situations better and to not escalate them further in a bad way. I really hope I can get a second chance.
lessthanthree
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: LT3

Re: [LT3] BoomFran30 - Evaded the last day of a ban

Post by lessthanthree » #716655

I've reviewed and issuing a decline for your appeal.

The decision to uphold the ban is based on a combination of factors, including your conduct in previous tickets, the notes received, and the apparent lack of improvement as demonstrated in the provided information. While you speak to the evasion, which potentially could be forgiven as you didn't attempt to join the round, the issue of straight up lying and misleading information in ahelps is a significant concern, and we take such matters seriously.

Your history of five bans within a two-month period raises questions about the motives behind attempting to play on an alternate account, and whether you are indeed sincere in your commitment to improvement if you are willing to lie to staff when you already knew you were on thin ice.
Gamer4ever
Byond Username: Boomfran30

Post by Gamer4ever » #716658

So, what I'm getting out of this situation, you have purely declined my appeal because of previous bans. And as I stated, my 2 last bans have definetly taught me how to handle situations and not escalate them, I didn't think about the consequences at that time and have decided to blatantly lie to a staff member, and after that, on my last day of having the ban decided to use an alternative account to try and evade the ban. I'm seriously sincere about this situation I've just made stupid choices in the past and have re-thinked my choices and how I should handle the situations. I hope this reply clears some things up and my true motives on my future.
lessthanthree
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: LT3

Post by lessthanthree » #716680

Thanks. So there's two parts to this. The first one, yeah that temporary ban was coming to an end. Given you didn't actually attempt to join the round, and instantly disconnected, and spoke about it in the discord I can accept that being an extremely poor decision to see what would happen. As you see, we take it very seriously and it was caught instantly. Don't play around like that, if in the future you get another ban (hopefully you don't, going over the rules again in full and watching your play style) just wait it out, it's not worth trying to evade.

On that, I'll accept the appeal, reducing your ban to 29/12/2023.
Gamer4ever
Byond Username: Boomfran30

Post by Gamer4ever » #716717

Thank you for understanding my situation and for giving me a second chance. But, for some reason, it says I've gotten a four day ban , but the unban date is on 2023/12/29.
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Post by Dax Dupont » #716720

Gamer4ever wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:01 pm Thank you for understanding my situation and for giving me a second chance. But, for some reason, it says I've gotten a four day ban , but the unban date is on 2023/12/29.
This counts from the original ban date which was on the 25th. The actual ban date is the only thing that matters.