Gertet

[lain0] Gertet - Perma ban

Post by Gertet » #716744

Ban Details
BYOND account: Jenki98
Character name: Oleg Lipipov (I think)
Ban type: Server
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: Banned by host: You, or another user of this computer or connection (Gertet) is banned from playing here. The ban reason is: As non antag, sharded another player non consensually assuming the captain would ok it. Has prior day ban for this and a significant history for a 100h player. In ticket player said they would't return and 'just needed to get banned', so here it is. This ban(BanID #65090) was applied by lain0 on 2023-03-11 17:41:30 during round ID 201627. This is permanent ban.
Time ban was placed: 2023-03-11 17:41:30 UTC+2
Server you were playing on when banned: Terry
Round ID in which ban was placed: 201627

Reasons for Appealing - Delete irrelevant sections
Are you appealing a validly placed permaban and would like another chance to be unbanned?: Yes
If yes, please explain why you believe it should be accepted: I want to return to this game it's like drugs you can't get off of those and i tired to play on GOON this is terrible place and yeah i think i sitted enough of time from my rule break time..
Is the reason/note factually accurate and fair?: Yes

Do you feel the ban length or decision to note was unjustifiably harsh?: No
If no, please provide more details: I think i have sitted enough on GOON and im very sorry for what i done when i was desperate
iain0
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Iain0

Re: [lain0] Gertet - Perma ban

Post by iain0 » #716760

Hey there, thanks for the appeal.

It's been a while, and didn't find any additional problems via centcom (which can't really be taken as a positive thing but at least it doesn't speak out against you).

The bulk of your issues here seemed to revolve around murder or round removal/sharding people along with a couple of notes for relevant self serving IC OOC, obviously neither of these are okay, and I would advise you re-read the rules page before considering rejoining the server, there's been a few minor changes over the year too.

I'm prepared to give you a second chance with the following 3 month expiring probationary note:
"Recently appealed permaban, had a history of killing and/or sharding people in violation of the rules. If they make a return to this pattern of events please escalate repercussions accordingly. Also has a couple of notes for IC OOCing information relevant to influencing their character/story which should also be considered if this repeats."

Do note that while second chances are fairly straight forward to get, third chances are more difficult, and if you just return to previous behaviour you'll be quickly back out with likely no easy option to return.

All sound reasonable?
Gertet

Post by Gertet » #716810

Thanks for reply!
Sure it sounds reasonable!
Will be better now no more rule breaking!
iain0
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Iain0

Post by iain0 » #716831

Alright, have applied the note and unbanned you, have a good one.