mazur907
Byond Username: Mazur907

[<Archie700>] Mazur907 - rule 11 missunderstanding

Post by mazur907 » #716843

BYOND account: Mazur907

Character name: John Afro

Ban type: Server

Ban length: Permament

Ban reason: Playing as someone named John Afro, said such gems as "alex negro?", "there is guy named alex negro", "this guy called me black monkey", "because i am negro person", "my ballls are bigger than your head" and "or john negro", then disconnected Notably, the name of the player he was refering to was not "Alex Negro" nor did he call him a "black monkey". Due to breaking rule 11 again, this has been upped to a permanent ban.

Time ban was placed: 2023-12-29 17:45:11

Server you were playing on when banned: Terry

Round ID in which ban was placed: 221338

Your side of the story: first of all i want to start with saying sorry for racial words i used,i am not american i am turkish these kind of jokes is not that rude in our culture, in movies i watched it was okay to use racial words for afro american people, i wasnt really know even using little racist words are that much important,i saw people was using ligger word and i thought this would be okay as long im being racist to myself and use less racist words, i didnt got any warning for that, i am not blaming anyone they dont have to warn me but like i said i am not american i have never seen situation like this before ,i dont have any racist as much as i know,i have only one expired not for being racist ,i dont have any serious note or ban for last 3 months and i want another chance

References of good conduct: I've never been racist towards anyone before, I was just making fun of myself,i was role playing black african american guy named john afro, which hates racism and thinks everyone is gonna be racist against him,i dont have any serious note or ban for last 3 months

Anything else we should know: I want to talk about my expired rule 11 note for saying (secret muslim recipe),i am muslim guy from turkey, we making that kind of jokes sometimes i didnt meant to be rude to anyone, in that round someone asked me to what was recipe of that bomb and i said secret muslime recipe because i thought this would be funny,like i said it all about culture missunderstanding if i get another chance something like this will never happen.
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Re: [<Archie700>] Mazur907 - rule 11 missunderstanding

Post by Archie700 » #716844

Ok, so the others were bad by themselves, but what was that about "this guy called me black monkey", were you refering to someone when you said this, because I couldn't find anything in the logs about black monkeys or even monkey.
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
mazur907

Post by mazur907 » #716846

oh that was part of my roleplay, like i said i was rping angry afro american person, i didnt meant to blame or lynch someone
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #716849

Ok, I'm willing to give you a chance, but you must know that "black african american guy named john afro, which hates racism and thinks everyone is gonna be racist against him" is very much on the edge when you say things like "called me black monkey" or "there is guy named alex negro". This is dangerously close and it comes off as insensitive.
So is "secret muslim recipe" for bombs, it comes off as very insensitive given recent issues.
Our servers pick up people from everywhere in the globe, so not everyone is going to be in on the joke. Remember this.
I'm going to reduce the ban to time served because mostly it comes from the two rule 11 breaks, and you gave a good enough explanation to convince me to unban you.

Side note: negro trips the soft filter, which is why I came back to see a lot of it.
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
mazur907

Post by mazur907 » #716856

Thanks for giving me another chance, i understand how rule 11 works and how serious is racism so this wont happend again you can be sure