[petethegoat] blindinggriffin - bullshit ban
[intigracy] griff4eva - ban evasion missunderstanding
\
Ban Details
BYOND account: BYOND account - Overuseddart
Character name: Character name at time of ban - Barco Merg
Ban type: Server
Ban length: 6 Days ending on 2024-01-07 at 10:58:08
Ban reason: You, or another user is banned from playing here. The ban reason is: As a non-antag (acting?) captain, built a supermatter shard setup on the BYOS shuttle to try and singulo. The singulo failed, but somewhere between 6 and 10 people died to the containment failing after the shuttle launched and the unwrenched shard floating around. For the love of God
Time ban was placed: 2024-01-07 10:58:08
Server you were playing on when banned: Sybil
Round ID in which ban was placed:221803

Reasons for Appealing - Delete irrelevant sections

Is the reason/note factually accurate and fair?: Yes
Supporting logs: It can speed up appeals greatly to provide evidence from the logs to support your side of this. See viewtopic.php?f=7&t=32334 for advice on how to do this.

Do you feel the ban length or decision to note was unjustifiably harsh?: Yes

The reason I am making this ban appeal is to apologize for my actions and to attempt to get the ban time lowered/removed. I apologize for making a shitty containment on the shuttle, I thought the containment would work as the build your own shuttle has infinite power but this was not the case, even so, I wired the emitters to the station and believed the power would last until the end of the shuttle ride, with a contained singulo that would be fun to look at. However the containment failed and basically killed everyone. I am arguing that I am here in good faith, and that this was a project that was thought of poorly but in good faith, I have a decent or good history depending on how you look at it. I did not predict that the shard would escape containment due to a power failure, melted wires and an emitter breaking somehow. I apologize for my actions and would like this ban lowered/removed.
Last edited by Overmandart on Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
nianjiilical
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Nianjiilical

Re: Ban Appeal - Nijanilacl

Post by nianjiilical » #717749

the 6 day ban length was an extrapolation of the "24 hours per unjust death" policy we use for these sorts of things

that said,

a) admitting that you fucked up is good
b) your note history definitely isnt terrible
c) i wasn't able to talk to you about the ban since you logged off immediately after this round (though it was like 6am so)
d) you did at least try to keep it contained

based on the above i'll go ahead and lower this from 6 days to 2, just please try to be careful with destructive gimmicks like this in the future
human: ramon chivara
ai: shitpost generator
borg: shite-115
clown: donk tonkler
mime: beautiful noise

admin feedback thread

my admin policy:
Spoiler:
Overmandart
Byond Username: Overuseddart

Re: Ban Appeal - Nijanilacl

Post by Overmandart » #717751