Byond Username: DrAmazing343

[lorwp] DrAmazing343 - Noted for Stealing Cargo Credits on SuccessionStation

Post by DrAmazing343 » #717752

Ban Details
BYOND account: dramazing343
Character name: Jane Sierpenski
Ban type: Note
Ban length: N/A
Ban reason: Stole the cargo budget on SuccessionStation before the map could get saved because the QM was rude to them. This wouldn't really be okay even if we weren't on a special map. Rule 1.
Time ban was placed: 2024-01-07 07:46:19
Server you were playing on when noted: Manuel
Round ID in which ban was placed: 221787

Reasons for Appealing - Delete irrelevant sections
I believe this note is not indicative of my overall behavior, and that the whole situation, were it not Succession Station, would very much be an IC issue at best on a normal station.

Is the reason/note factually accurate and fair?: No.
If no, please provide more details:
The QM and I had worked together on a previous generation to build almost the entirety of Cargo, and it was because of our efforts that this shift had a working cargo shuttle to begin with. We were both fine then, and were also mostly fine for this shift, except that they were acting a bit pushy about my working on Cargo. Eventually, I was annoyed enough that when I saw a 1200 credit holochip on the bank siphon panel, I picked it up and put it in my ID card. The amount of 1200 is supported by the log below. I ran away from him and the CE to the exterior with my ill-gotten gains, and the QM died to lack of atmos, while the CE batonned me and kicked me to death while I called him a coward. I did not, at this time, know they were dropping the cash to save for the next generation's Cargo to use, and I certainly did not do this in bad faith attempting to harm the future generations or to ruin the QM's whole round, nor did I steal all of Cargo's budget, as the note also implies. 1200 is a relatively minuscule amount in Cargo terms, and if it was larger, this would have influenced my decision away from making the act in the first place. On top of that, by round end, there were 323,885cr still left in the budget.
Supporting logs:
[2024-01-07 07:39:51.830] ECONOMY: 1200 credits were inserted into Jane Sierpenski's ID Card (Station Engineer) owned by Jane Sierpenski
2024-01-07 07:48:25 [0x2016394] (152,108,1) || The supply shuttle 1 orders in this shipment, worth 2400 credits. 323885 credits left.

Do you disagree with the admin's interpretation of rules or policy?: Yes.
This feels like it would fall within the purview of an IC issue with relatively proper escalation (friction over building turns to theft without violence from me).

Do you feel the ban length or decision to note was unjustifiably harsh?: Yes.
As said above, I don't believe this note is indicative of my behavior, and thus is not a good metric to measure my actions against, especially given the circumstances. I believe this should have been a stern talking-to at most, followed by my apologies to the crew in OOC, as I did not mean to take action that would harm the greater crew. The Quartermaster that round and I have spoken in DM's, and are on good terms after mutually apologizing. I'd like this note fully removed.
lorwp
Byond Username: Lorwp

Re: [lorwp] DrAmazing343 - Noted for Stealing Cargo Credits on SuccessionStation

Post by lorwp » #717757

Hey, i've thought about this since and in hindsight i'd agree that this would've been treated as a IC issue in a regular round. that's a miniscule amount for the cargo budget at the time, and the main reason for the note was due to us currently being in the process of saving the map for SuccessionStation (which the money being moved likely meant it wasn't going to save with it). The main logic i was following at the time was that 1200 credits is quite a lot of money for an individual account at the very least, and usually a good chunk for the budget in general in regular circumstances.

Given that, i'm happy to reword it to the following and make it expire a month from it's placement (2024-02-07)

Code: Select all

Stole a small chunk of the cargo budget on SuccessionStation while it was being withdrawn over a disagreement with the QM, preventing it from being saved despite warnings that it would not be saved if moved from the floor.
DrAmazing343

Re: [lorwp] DrAmazing343 - Noted for Stealing Cargo Credits on SuccessionStation

Post by DrAmazing343 » #717758

The revised note is a step in the right direction, but I had NO idea that they were trying to save it. The sequence of events was grab, chased (no words that I saw), started being kicked to death, bwoinked in crit. There was no agency for me to take action in the latter half of that, and in the former, I was directly in action and had no eyes on comms if there WERE comms about it. I did not receive ANY warnings it was not saved until I was already unable to act to rectify the situation before it had OOC consequences for the next generation. 1200 is a lot for a personal account, but if the note is about Cargo, then we should use Cargo metrics here (It was a MINUSCULE amount of money.)
lorwp
Byond Username: Lorwp

Post by lorwp » #717759

DrAmazing343 wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 6:34 am The revised note is a step in the right direction, but I had NO idea that they were trying to save it. The sequence of events was grab, chased (no words that I saw), started being kicked to death, bwoinked in crit. There was no agency for me to take action in the latter half of that, and in the former, I was directly in action and had no eyes on comms if there WERE comms about it. I did not receive ANY warnings it was not saved until I was already unable to act to rectify the situation before it had OOC consequences for the next generation. 1200 is a lot for a personal account, but if the note is about Cargo, then we should use Cargo metrics here (It was a MINUSCULE amount of money.)
Fair enough. I've removed it
DrAmazing343

Post by DrAmazing343 » #717760

Thank you. I'll take more care in the future; I really, really love Successionstation and was there since the beginning, so this just left an especially foul taste in my mouth.