Byond Username: James566

[Sightld2] James566 - Subversion misunderstanding

Post by James566 » #717788

Ban Details
BYOND account: James566
Character name: Mike.exe
Ban type: AI/Cyborg
Ban length: 2 days
Ban reason: Banned from Roles: silicon, AI, Cyborg for 2 days - Accepted willing conversion from a Ninja. Claims to have been tunnelvisioned and without time to react, however had time to type in chat a reaction to being hacked "Hmmm" "FUCK" etcetera. I cannot see how you would have time to type these things while not having time to move at all.
Time ban was placed: 2024-01-08 22:25:56
Server you were playing on when banned: manuel
Round ID in which ban was placed: 221878

Reasons for Appealing - Delete irrelevant sections

Is the reason/note factually accurate and fair?: Yesnt
If no, please provide more details: Not entirely factually accurate, i did not type "Hmmmm" i typed "UHHHHHHH" this makes it seem more casual of an interaction that it was.

If no, please provide more details: Here's my attempt explain what exactly happened (i couldn't figure out what the chat logs were called so I'm just posting a screenshot) I was in medbay fixing a bunch of fire alarms after having fixed all the damage to medbay itself, I turned off every fire alarm, firelocks still alarming, i deconstructed every single fire alarm, still alarming, i welded the firelocks shut and remade them, it worked yippy, I then had to go around fixing every fire alarm I broke, ninja appeared at the last fire alarm I had to construct, having just been very confused at why the fire alarms were all on yet there being no fire i was still thinking about that and had basically just zoned out, ninja appeared, I typed "UHHHHHHHH" because I just type everything I think, I didn't even think to move or do anything until i was hacked, (this all took place in the span of like 3 seconds) Yes i had time to move, but I didn't think to move, i was just in a state of confusion due to the fire alarm hell and the confusion and frustration brought forth with that, i didn't even comprehend that it was a ninja, i did not allow myself to become subverted, I just had a major brain fart and forgot to move, I will be here to respond to any reply's as fast as possible
Chat.png
Sightld2
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Sightld2

Re: [Sightld2] James566 - Subversion misunderstanding

Post by Sightld2 » #717799

I'll change the note to the "UHHHHHH" But I honestly just don't see how you could have time to see something appear next to you, type out a brief reaction it, and be too confused to realize it was a Ninja and/or move a single tile and interrupt the relatively lengthy do_after of six seconds.

Code: Select all

/mob/living/silicon/robot/proc/ninjadrain_charge(mob/living/carbon/human/ninja, obj/item/mod/module/hacker/hacking_module)
	if(!do_after(ninja, 6 SECONDS, target = src))
		return
I'll also remove the "FUCK" and "etcetera" since it looks like those would have came out after you'd be stunned during the complete transformation.

James566

Post by James566 » #717800

I don't really consciously type reactions, I usually just type whatever Im thinking at the time for better or for worse, I didn't really fully comprehend what was going on to be honest there was a lot I was focused on besides the spooky man who just materialled infront of me.
James566

Post by James566 » #717801

If I could explain my whole thought process it would be something like " why the fuck are the fire alarms on there are NO problems here, pressure is good temperature is fine, is it the thermal sensors, or are they just fucking bugge- WHAT Where the fuck di*zippy zappy*"
Sightld2
In-Game Admin

Post by Sightld2 » #717804

Even assuming that, it doesn't take six seconds to type "UHHHH," even assuming you didn't notice it instantly. I don't understand how there wasn't enough time to move even a tile.

James566

Post by James566 » #717805

There was time to move its just i didn't think to move, i was just entirely focused on something else i forgot to move
James566

Post by James566 » #717806

I was too busy thinking about what I was going to do that I forgot to actually do, ya know?
Sightld2
In-Game Admin

Post by Sightld2 » #717810

James566 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:13 am I was just entirely focused on something else i forgot to move
While I still don't understand how you could be focused on something else aside from the thing you had just reacted to. I'm going to assume good faith here and offer this compromise: I remove the ban but keep the note. If it genuinely was a mistake, then it won't matter down the line. Sound fair?

James566

Post by James566 » #717812

That's more than fair, I know its entirely impossible for you to get inside of my head and thought process to see exactly what I was thinking at the time, glad you are understanding of this.
Sightld2
In-Game Admin

Post by Sightld2 » #717814

Wonderful, the ban is lifted, the note is edited. Take care.

James566

Post by James566 » #717816

Take care.