Appeals which have been closed.
Funnycoin

Ban appeal reason: Metacomming by NecromancerAnne

Post by Funnycoin » #718039

BYOND account: MrDuckyton
Character name: Duck Hart
Ban type: Server
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: In round 222037 they revealed they were in metacommunications with LuckGaming. Upon reviewing your history and your friends history along with several other admins, this seems way, way less innocent than our discussions would suggest given you prior history of ban evasion and your friends attempts at evading notes. Frankly, i do not think we should trust you not to break the rules.
Time ban was placed 2024-01-11
Server you were playing on when banned Manual
Round ID in which ban was placed 69248

Are you appealing a validly placed permaban and would like another chance to be unbanned?: Yes/No - **If not relevant, please delete this section**
If yes, please explain why you believe it should be accepted: Vouches or playtime from other servers go here, as well as examples of good behaviour that could be taken into account or just a genuine and honest request to the admin that whatever you got banned for will never happen again. The more you can support this with evidence, the more likely it will be accepted.

I know i just got banned today but i was not starting any problems i was just asking a question i know i just dm my friend in discord and i thought metacomming was when you are in a call with the person but which its not i know that now, and i can be the captain now i have so many hours when he said im a old player i was like damm, i spent so much time in this server and i think a permaban was over the top a little i would get if i was banned for a week or two but when i got perma banned i was shocked because he also told me im good and its just a note.

Do you feel the ban length or decision to note was unjustifiably harsh?: Yes/No - **If not relevant, please delete this section**
If no, please provide more details: Explain why to the best of your ability. Do you believe this wasn't even a rule break and you shouldn't have been noted? Do you agree with the decision to note or ban, but feel the duration is too harsh? What do you feel would have been proportionate instead and why?

Yes i feel like the ban length which was perma was unfair i think this because i have spent many hours and i like Tg its a really good server i know so much more all im asking for is for a week or two not unbanned today.
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Re: Ban appeal reason: Metacomming by NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #718043

Hi, thank you for appealing.

I'm afraid a few things tipped this towards a permaban. Notably, your friend had connections to a previous account that had already gained several notes before jumping over to a new account. That account also had a much more extensive history by comparison. This is a very common evasion tactic.

What tipped me off was the fact that you asked about 'notes' leading towards a ban. I figured 'that is a weird thing for someone with a prior permament ban to be asking, surely you would know how this process works'. So I checked your pal out and discovered he had quietly shifted accounts.

Given the relationship to you in particular, and your previous evasion of a permaban, and how both of you are seemingly following one another into various servers and getting yourselves tossed out for long periods, this is immensely suspect in combination to the revelation that you are in metacommunications with them. I figured from your notes at the time that maybe you weren't given this talk before. But, presenting the situation to other admins, we pretty unanimously agreed this does not pass the test of a player who learns from prior mistakes. You both have a very long history over at least a year on multiple servers.

Pretty much every single major server has these same particular rules about metacommunication and evasion somewhere in their rulesets unless they are extremely NRP. If you had not caught on to the fact that what you were doing was against the rules at this point, there isn't a hope in hell that we're going to get you to not do something equally ridiculous in the future. Your friend is even seemingly repeating your own bad habits.

I'm not lifting this ban personally. I'm sorry to say that it just doesn't bode well after your previous permaban and the situation around it.
Funnycoin

Post by Funnycoin » #718053

Hi, i just have a few questions i did not think asking about notes would make you tipped you off i just thought if i got to many i would get banned and i will most likely not even be able to talk to the other guy because he said if i got him banned he would just block me and its just what ever by that point but from my notes im pretyt sure it was just my name being Rick Sanchez or something like that i know this puts me in a bad spot that i got perma banned before and i dont know how i will gain your trust but i all can say is all the hours i have put in TG shows that i can follow the rules i just learned about this like liqud thats lets you teleport around via locker, i learn new things every day in TG if their is a way i could try to gain your trust il do it, and i am truly sorry.
Funnycoin

Post by Funnycoin » #718058

And im not asking to get unbanned today i like TG station so much may i please get a month ban i have so much time in this and i made sure i would not kill anyone for no reason in the game no grife nothing TG station is my last chance you know that im banned from like every other server but goon and i dont really like goon station if their is a slight chance i can get unbanned il take it just please...
Funnycoin

Post by Funnycoin » #718109

And i also think we are in a dif timezone so sorry if i dont reply fast
Last edited by Funnycoin on Sat Jan 13, 2024 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #718112

That's fine. I understand that you are apologetic. But I still think I'm not terribly convinced this will end well if I do unban you. There are only so many chances, and so many red flags before we have to assume the worst. You've tripped into some of our most severe rule breaks one after the other. Some of them we are very, very heavy-handed in how we adjudicate simply because of the difficult that comes with detection. Few people get second chances when it is discovered they are meta-communicating as it is.

I do apologize. I'll contact the headmins to come give their second opinion if you would like.
Funnycoin

Post by Funnycoin » #718114

Thank you and i know metacoms is bad and i have to say it again thank you man but if i cant get unbanned thanks for trying to help, and dont apologies man your doing your job i did something wrong.
Funnycoin

Post by Funnycoin » #718179

They say anything??
Funnycoin

Post by Funnycoin » #718304

Im not getting unbanned for a while am i...
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #718311

The head admins are looking into this and will respond when they have time to vote on whether or not to unban you.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Funnycoin

Post by Funnycoin » #718312

Tell them as well if you can il be banned for a month if i have to.
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Post by Cheshify » #718313

We're aware of this don't worry.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Post by Cheshify » #718314

Question, if you're this insistent on not being permabanned why risk it with metacomming in the first place? It just doesn't make sense to me.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
Funnycoin

Post by Funnycoin » #718361

I told the other admin i did not understand it, i thought metacomming was being in a voicecall with a person but what i did was text him and ask if he wants to be my split personailty then i told the admin then i got banned.
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TheBibleMelts

Post by TheBibleMelts » #718749

hey there, sorry for the late response. we're not interested in overturning necromanceranne's decision on this ban at this time.
cheshify - uphold
tbm - uphold
fikou - n/a