[Trexter555] Nigtorik - As a 1-day old account, showed advanced game knowledge by borging someone, including brain surg

Appeals which have been closed.
nigtorik

[Trexter555] Nigtorik - As a 1-day old account, showed advanced game knowledge by borging someone, including brain surg

Post by nigtorik » #718125

Ban Details
BYOND account: nigtorik
Character name: Jovius Alpining
Ban type: Server
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: As a 1-day old account, showed advanced game knowledge by borging someone, including brain surgery, not to mention that you took a person that was being healed in medbay without their permision. Feel free to appeal on the forums if you feel this is incorrect.
Time ban was placed: Try to get this from the server when you get the ban reason. If it was a note, the note has a timestamp. If it was a server ban, it will also have a timestamp. Both of these times are in UTC.
Server you were playing on when banned: Sybil
Round ID in which ban was placed:222102

Reasons for Appealing - Delete irrelevant sections
Are you appealing a validly placed permaban and would like another chance to be unbanned?: No
Is the reason/note factually accurate and fair?: Yes
Do you disagree with the admin's interpretation of rules or policy?: Yes
If no, please provide more details: I'm not a ban evader

Do you feel the ban length or decision to note was unjustifiably harsh?: Yes
If no, please provide more details: I'm not ban evading, I learnt the basic controls of the game in the previous rounds when I was playing as a janitor. When the next round started I spawned in as a roboticist used the in game book as a tutorial on how to make the cyborg, I have a picture of me reading the book as proof of this but I don't know how to post it here, It took me 20 minutes to put the cyborg together since I was struggling with the order of things, afterwards I used the link on the tutorial to perform a surgery on the future robot and remove his brain. I had his explicit consent which he stated in front of two other people. I explained this all to the Admin, however he still banned me, and I don't think he asked the Cyborg if I had his consent because he would have answered that I did.
Here are the guides I used as well, it shows you how to do the cyborg and take the brain out of the body.
https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Guide_to_r ... abricators
https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Surgery#Brain_Removal
nigtorik

Re: [Trexter555] Nigtorik - As a 1-day old account, showed advanced game knowledge by borging someone, including brain

Post by nigtorik » #718127

https://files.catbox.moe/twdayu.png
I found a way to upload the image, sorry for not including it in the first post
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Re: [Trexter555] Nigtorik - As a 1-day old account, showed advanced game knowledge by borging someone, including brain

Post by MrStonedOne » #718192

Hello, you first caught our attention because your ip is registered to Great Britain but is owned by a Swedish data center company. This is a commonly seen side effect of vpn providers masking the fact the ip is owned by a vpn.

Could you explain to me how you connect to the internet? you can pm it to me if you think it might reveal too much about you.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
nigtorik

Post by nigtorik » #718217

MrStonedOne wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 6:52 pm Hello, you first caught our attention because your ip is registered to Great Britain but is owned by a Swedish data center company. This is a commonly seen side effect of vpn providers masking the fact the ip is owned by a vpn.

Could you explain to me how you connect to the internet? you can pm it to me if you think it might reveal too much about you.
I always connect to the internet using a VPN because I'm currently at uni, and I don't want my internet traffic to be seen by IT nor do I want to take the chance of there being a bad actor on the network that my IP could be associated with.
trexter555
Byond Username: Trexter555

Post by trexter555 » #718239

hey, thanks for the appeal and explanation, and sorry for the inconvenience, just too many things were looking suspicious, but i'll unban you momentarily.
nigtorik

Post by nigtorik » #718297

Hey I just tried to play again tonight and I got banned for the same reason?
trexter555
Byond Username: Trexter555

Post by trexter555 » #718303

looks like you got banned by a different admin for effectively the same suspected reason of ban evading, you'll have to make another appeal
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #718306

nigtorik wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:59 pm Hey I just tried to play again tonight and I got banned for the same reason?
Please make another appeal as I was the one who banned you this time given your actions during the round when you joined the server.
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?