[DISCORD] Prussen

Appeals which have been closed.
Prussen
Byond Username: Prussen

[DISCORD] Prussen

Post by Prussen » #718246

Discord username: prussen
Banning admin: TBM
Ban reason: "?timeout 1d don't be a dick and taunt someone over their candidacy, bro"
Time ban was placed: January 13th, 2024 at 1:34 AM UTC
Your side of the story: Me and my friend TheWolfBringer were just joking around after I noticed that he had his admin candidacy removed, remarking that I had predicted this would happen due what I believed about the current state of TG's administrative process.
Why you think you should be unbanned: It was obvious to me and TheWolfBringer that I was joking, and looking at the messages sent after this it we can see that others noticed this too. I assumed that most users would be able to realize that messages like this...
@TheWolfbringer lost ur candidacy lol [..] lololol
... are intended as jokes and not hurtful remarks (which is the way TheWolfBringer perceived them too). After my 1 day time-out TheWolfBringer requested for me to be unmuted twice, with TBM ignoring both requests (which seems somewhat malicious considering he was active in the conversation for the past few minutes I was around and seemingly got busy, missing two pings from TheWolfBringer after timing me out, only coming back to send a message less than a minute after? Unless he believes that TheWolfBringer's opinion is irrelevant to the matter and doesn't deserve a reaction). TheWolfBringer's pleas below:
untimehim out [...] i dont mind
un time him out wtf
► Show Spoiler
This is a 1 day timeout but I'd consider it pretty gross mishandling (or even abuse) of the timeout system.
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TheBibleMelts

Re: [DISCORD] Prussen

Post by TheBibleMelts » #718249

were the associated messages. you've been timed out a multitude of times from the discord for shit-stirring behavior, and this situation read no differently. if you don't plan on shit-stirring over this, i'll lift it, but otherwise it looked like you were just trying to rile wolfbringer/others up about their candicacy.
Prussen
Byond Username: Prussen

Post by Prussen » #718250

I don't intend on shit-stirring over this ban, but I still don't agree with the claim that my messages read like "shit-stirring". I can see why at first you might see it in this way, but considering that TheWolfBringer confirmed he was ok with it (going as far to ask you to lift this) and everything was an obvious joke, I don't believe the "shit-stirring" claim was justified.
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TheBibleMelts

Post by TheBibleMelts » #718252

i'll lift this, but still say that if your sense of humor is identical to trying to start drama/rub somebodies nose in something they may be sensitive about, it might be worth second-guessing your tone when you present it.