Appeals which have been closed.
technokek
Byond Username: Technokek

[DISCORD] I have an (x) friends

Post by technokek » #718493

Discord username: techn0o
Commonly used names: I have an (x) friends
Banning admin: MSO
Ban reason:baiting the jannies into banning the person who was just reacting to you being a dick to them isn't a good look. doing it while your discord bio makes a very likely transphobic reference is even worse of one.
Time ban was placed: Today at 16:24
Your side of the story:
A person that is know to post russian shill shit like
and more "fake news" before getting banned.

This whole thing started with him posting https://discord.com/channels/3268221442 ... 3117639750 this shill shit of a russian advocating for the farmer protests in germany that have ended in violence against current government officials saying stuff like "this is democracy/we are the people" the normal right wing bullshit. Basically everyone knows these people are state actors trying to cause civil unrest. The topic change afterwards until he posted more cringe https://discord.com/channels/3268221442 ... 8555855872 a video showing the army of the GDR the soviet german state army that shot murdered its citizens for trying to leave and tortured everyone accused of wrong think against our current bundeswehr. I fell for his bait again and got into an argument with him where he baited me by playing stupid. I responded to his bait with saying we should ban all russians and he played stupid yet again. I was annoyed and brought up the reason why russia is doing all of this. So i change the conversation to why he is posting all this shit. Russias war on ukraine because thats literally the only reason why he posts this and i wanted to talk with him about the war and maybe find out why he keeps shilling. He decieded to straight up deny the russian genocide on ukraine yet again so i called the moderation team.

Why you think you should be unbanned: He posted shitty bait videos and i fell for the bait, after realizing he will just play stupid i changed to the big topic why he is doing all of this to see if i could find out why he is doing it. He chose to straight up deny genocide by fainting ignorance even tho he post ukrain war shit all the time. I was done with him so i called the mods to take a look at his messages. He chose to send those, i didnt bait him into that. He started the thing by posting his funny little shill montages.

I know i wasnt the nicest person in that moment but i wasnt a dick for no reason and i didnt bait him. I am trying to be a better person but sometimes i get emotional.

For the second part: I AM NOT TRANSPHOBIC, THE THING HAS NOTHING TO DO ABOUT TRANSPEOPLE OR ANYONE ELSE. ITS IN MY BIO AND ITS ABOUT ME.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: [DISCORD] I have an (x) friends

Post by Vekter » #718509

The part of Techno's bio that keeps getting taken as transphobia is that their "Pronouns" section has "sui/cide" listed.

E: Also, Techno is not banned, they're timed out for 7 days.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #718543

I no longer believe the pronouns field is intended as a transphobic reference, and reduced the timeout to 3 days earlier today.

Jannies do agree with me however that your comments about russia crossed the line, and while they don't agree with me on this part, i am still firmly of the belief that people should be punished for "ahelping" after they bait out rule breaking behavior.

Most of what you were reporting was the indifference they showed to your obviously baiting questions. Their response came off to me as somebody who wasn't taking you seriously because you were invoking genocide by a government to justify saying all people of a race (sorry, nationality) should be banned. which comes off as trolling, tactless, a little silly, and overall not deserving of a serious response.

So because you crossed the line in baiting them, and reported their response, i am choosing to treat it like we do with ban baiting and kill baiting. You would have received only a warning if it was somebody else who reported it, and you would have received no action if you hadn't been so obviously hostile to his perceived nationality, but everything else remained the same. Combing the two got you to where you are.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #718868

Going to call this resolved since technokek hasn't responded.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you