BYOND account: manesta
Character name: unknown
Ban type: server
Ban length: Permanent
Ban reason: suspected ban evasion
Time ban was placed: cant copy, BYOND not cooperating
Server you were playing on when banned: TERRY
Round ID in which ban was placed: 222670
Your side of the story: i was not ban evading, and haven't used BYOND for around 5 years. I know a lot about the game because I used to play on BYOND, then switched to SS14 since I bought a mac, now I have a PC again and would prefer to play on BYOND, since the ss14 people frankly suck. I don't think my old BYDOND account was ever banned from any server
I thought, wrongly, that "combustible lemons" were a gag item akin to the toy guns or pie guns or any of the multitude of other fun items that dont hurt people and just make a little mess based on the fact their name is a "Portal" joke. I did not mean to bomb or grief anyone.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I was not ban-evading, am a relatively new player(brand new to /tg/), and unaware that bomb lemons are in fect real bombs.
Maxipat
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Maxipat

Re: manesta

Post by Maxipat » #719053

Hey, thanks for appealing!

The ban was placed because, frankly, your account seemed to be suspicious since your initial login, a 0h brand new account on a vpn with above-average for a new player game knowledge sure rings an alarm bell, and seemingly randomly bombing a security officer didn't make the red flags any greener. Yet saying this, i'm willing to unban you, the portal reference seems like a plausible explanation. Just out of curiosity though, do you perhaps remember your old ckey?
manesta
Byond Username: Manesta

Post by manesta » #719054

dont think i can figure out my old ckey, it's not tied to any of the emails i currently have access to. i was frankly underage when i played before and had a bunch of stupid emails i'd sign up for games with.

and i'm not on a VPN, I legitimately [personal info]
Maxipat
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Maxipat

Post by Maxipat » #719056

yeah, don't worry about the ckey then, you should be unbanned by now. Have fun playing and see you on the servers!
manesta
Byond Username: Manesta

Post by manesta » #719059

based, thanks, and cheers. I'll do my best to avoid future shittery.