Byond Username: Witherael

[<Harricross>] Witherael - note appeal

Post by Witherael » #719962

Ban Details
BYOND account: witherael
Character name: andrew withers
Ban type: note
Ban length: N/A
Ban reason: (MRP) As a non-antagonist assistant, killed themselves roughly five minutes into the shift by walking out into space on Round ID: 206440. When asked why, said, "im an assistant who cares." After being told how it may be seen as antag-rolling, responded with, "dawg i just wasted an hour 30 of my life playing orions trail for a stupid ass prayer gimmick that went completely ignored, i truly dont care if you want to use me to hit a quota." Prayer sounds are not on be default, do not join the shift if you do not intend to commit to it. Player disconnected mid-ahelp.
Time ban was placed: 2023-05-19 03:30:07
Server you were playing on when banned: Manuel
Round ID in which ban was placed: 206440

Is the reason/note factually accurate and fair?: Yes

Do you disagree with the admin's interpretation of rules or policy?: Yes

Do you feel the ban length or decision to note was unjustifiably harsh?: No
If no, please provide more details: I didn't really understand how the game even worked, and the notes old enough to be worth appealing
mrmelbert
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Mr Melbert

Re: [<Harricross>] Witherael - note appeal

Post by mrmelbert » #719965

Harricross retired a month or so back so I'll take over this.

There are two criteria for appealing a note:
- The note is factually or materially incorrect.

- The note's contents or existence is unjustifiably harsh to the player's standing in the eyes of admins reading the notes.
You have stated yourself that this falls under neither. As such, there is no reason to appeal this note, and it will not be removed.
It's seven months old anyways. The statute of limitations on that is stretching thin.
Admin: December 2020 - Present
Code Maintainer: December 2021 - Present
Head Admin: Feburary 2022 - September 2022
Youtube Guy: sometimes

Justice12354
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Justice12354

Re: [<Harricross>] Witherael - note appeal

Post by Justice12354 » #720469

I have pinged Witherael over Discord notifying them of this appeal. They told me they were not interested in continuing it.

I will leave this open for another 24 hours in case they change their mind in the meantime.
Spoiler:
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it