Appeals which have been closed.
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

[higgin] empressmaia, note with no context what so ever

Post by EmpressMaia » #720497

not using the new format because it sucks shit and doesnt make sense
server: manuel
round: 223667
note : RID 223667: Said "I'm disconnecting" and quit out of the game after losing a conflict. Please avoid using OOC in IC - even when frustrated.

context: a security officer wordlesly flash. batoned. cuffed. and brigged me because they saw the message of me bagging my syndie rebar crossbow, end up getting released and told by an admin no action was being taken because this borderline rule breaking behaviour technically wasnt against the rules, even though it reeks of badfaith play and is incredibly boring. end up plaswma flooding and losing a fight in space with hos and told them i was disconnecting and then went to play TGMC and died to a marine with a slug shotgun maaaan fuck slug shotguns.
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Re: [higgin] empressmaia, note with no context what so ever

Post by Cheshify » #720499

Use the new format please
It will make sense if you read it.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #720501

*burp
BYOND account:empress maia
Ban/note type (Check what applies):note

Ban/note reason:RID 223667: Said "I'm disconnecting" and quit out of the game after losing a conflict. Please avoid using OOC in IC - even when frustrated.
Time ban was placed:
Server you were playing on when banned:
Round ID in which ban was placed:223667

Why are you making this appeal?(Check what applies):
() - The ban/note needs modification

Why should this appeal be accepted?:
in this round i had rolled traitor and done nothing all round but buy my syndie rebar gun, while fiddling with it and learning how it worked in engineering an officer saw the text of me bagging it and instantly batoned, cuffed, and brigged me. without more than a few words after the fact, ahelped it and was told they werent doing anything about it, and ended up plasma flooding perma and axing into the brig, got killed in space and told them i was disconnecting, i joined TGMC and died to a slug shotgunnner :(

i shouldnt have used OOC in IC. but after such a boring play from a security officer to disable any chance of fun for an antag to have, or to enable in the round by taking all of thier tools, i was understandably annoyed, and wanted to leave to have some sort of fun. i think it should be appended that i had said i disconnected after being instantly donked on by an officer just for them seeing in chat i bagged a contraband weapon
Higgin
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Higgin

Post by Higgin » #720504

I'm not going to change this note, but you're welcome to request a review. It'll otherwise expire in four months.

this is what you said after getting bonked the first time:
[2024-02-10 02:17:15.158] GAME-SAY: EmpressMaia/(Shinrarta 'Doc' Dezhra) (mob_3502) "i play with 100 ping and dont optimize my inventory dumbass" (Engineering (99,110,2))

this is what you said after getting taken down in space after trying to burn and axe your way back into the brig for your uplink/gear while rocking the CE mod:
[2024-02-10 02:34:27.618] GAME-SAY: EmpressMaia/(Shinrarta 'Doc' Dezhra) (mob_3502) "im disconecting" (Space (241,115,2))

(it was a sick and close fight up to the end, btw, you had him to about two hits.)

even if you were frustrated with what they did, it doesn't change what you did - you got a ruling on that in round.

I don't think the note is incorrect or harsh.

OOC in IC is lame, even if it's easier to do it when you're upset over what you see as somebody else being lame.
EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #720505

Right. Thank you for your time higgin. I think your gonna be a great admin based on our chats in PMs and this forum post.

(I checked my meds organizer and I didn't take my anti depressants today apparently so I apologize if I was abrasive and rude in pms)
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Post by Cheshify » #720553

Closing this appeal since it was a waste of time. Please make serious appeals in the future.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta