carshalash
Byond Username: Carshalash

[Cheshify/Headmin Team] Carshalash Perma Ban Appeal

Post by carshalash » #720530

BYOND account: Carshalash

Ban/note type (Check what applies):
(x) - Server Ban

Ban/note length:Perma
Ban/note reason:In an external Discord with friends, shared meta-information about active shifts. Rules 2 prohibits all instances of metacomms, and doing so in a separate discord server is not allowed.
Time ban was placed: 2023-09-05 19:07:21
Server you were playing on when banned: I wasn't on, I was in bed
Round ID in which ban was placed:67455

Why are you making this appeal?(Check what applies):
(x) - I was permabanned and I want another chance

Why should this appeal be accepted?: I've had a few people (including admins) request that I give this a shot due to how long it has been, which I have been quite hesitant about. But here we are.

During 2022-2023 I was a part of a discord where things could get very, rule bendy at times. Things there were pretty toxic often, and there were quite a few angry ick-ocks/metacomm moments. On this day I was addressed by headmins with the instances that I had broken the rules in the discord so I'll discuss them now.

Offense 1: Nations bitching

I don't have a defence for this one; I was just being a little bitch over it being a 'Nations round'. Admin Mr.Fish was running an event in which engineering was meant to build a fort, the players uttered the words 'Engitopia'. Because of this, I took the most mature approach I possibly could have; I bitched about it over Discord by telling people not to join and then sulked by asking. The round thankfully wasn't impacted by my behaviour, Mr.Fish has told me that my actions didn't do anything, and reiterated that essentially I was just being whiny over it.
► Show Spoiler
Offence 2: Ghost Ahelping

In an ongoing round, I was PMed in private by a player in the discord about someone's questionable behaviour. This was around midnight for me, so I got out of bed to join in on ahelping said behaviour to get extra attention on the case, as the PMs made it seem like they were having difficulty doing anything. While logged in for the ahelp, the person doing questionable things got killed, so I malded at him in deadchat. At the time I didn't really think of whether logging in for this action would be against the rules or not, this part of the ban made me realize it is definitely a big rule break. Sorry about this, didn't mean to cause trouble with this one.

I will opt out of posting the evidence of this one to prevent more drama. Playersclub doesn't get more fuel.

Offence 3: Ick Ocking over carp

During the time prior to this event taking place, there was a code oversight in which carps were ignored by turrets due to turrets not targeting normal mobs. This was first reported in this PR and was an ongoing issue at the time. https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/issues/73809

During this round, I heard the noise of a carp teleporting into my seat; without saying anything in the game, I simply closed the client and bitched about it in the discord. It seemed like an unwinnable situation to be in, and at the time, I didn't think of contacting admins.

► Show Spoiler
After 5 minutes, I decided to log back in so that I could ahelp in hopes of getting a free pity revive due to the situation. When I came back, I saw my sat was changed, and that I was also still alive somehow. I was confused but, didn't question it too much.
► Show Spoiler
I didn't expect anything to happen when I posted in the discord about the situation, I was just pissed off about a perceived unwinnable situation due to bugged code. I figured bitching about it would have made me feel better, I didn't really do much, however. I've spoken to hates since the incident, and he didn't expect me to get as upset as I did over the situation, but he understood when we spoke privately.

Where I have been since then.
Since the ban, I have mostly been playing on Lobotomystation, a server themed around the Project Moon franchise. I have over 100 hours on their main server, and another 100 on their RP map. Unfortunately, I can't provide proof of the RP hours at the moment. I gained approval as a trusted player during December.
► Show Spoiler
I have also played a few rounds on rat and /vg/ during this time, but not really as much as lobstation.

Drama bullshit

My interactions with the catcord have been, pretty limited. I've spoken with the admins on my relation with individual members since then; if any admins observing this thread wish to know, they're free to request information from me or the admins. The last thing any normal person wants is more drama from this situation, so information will not be made public to players.

Now what?

It'd be nice to come back; it has been about six months since the ban, and I miss quite a few people from TG. Being able to return would be nice. I apologise to the admin team about everything that happened and the lengthy investigation over the discord. The admins treated me well during this time; I appreciate their kindness and professionalism.
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Re: [Cheshify/Headmin Team] Carshalash Perma Ban Appeal

Post by Cheshify » #720556

Carsh, this isn't your first permaban. Is there anything you can do to assure me that if you were unbanned, we wouldn't repeat this cycle again?
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
carshalash

Post by carshalash » #720628

Cheshify wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:28 pm Carsh, this isn't your first permaban. Is there anything you can do to assure me that if you were unbanned, we wouldn't repeat this cycle again?
Due to ongoing life issues during 2021-2023, I acted out far more than I usually do, displacing my frustration in real life into the game. This either resulted in me requesting perma bans or being more toxic/volatile than usual.

That's thankfully all over now.
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master

Post by Cheshify » #720634

From your un-ban on February 22nd 2023, it took four months for you to begin metacomming in this server.
carshalash wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:31 am Due to ongoing life issues during 2021-2023, I acted out far more than I usually do, displacing my frustration in real life into the game. This either resulted in me requesting perma bans or being more toxic/volatile than usual.
That's thankfully all over now.
And this line, it was Something I've heard before when you said:
it was a pretty garbage year for me. I'm not using it as an excuse but I've spoken with a few admins about the situation since then. Things are mostly remedied now, which is a nice plus.
So I don't know how I am supposed to have trust in you when the previous extended olive branch ended in a massive metacomms scandal. Sure, time is a major factor in rebuilding trust, and I've had people vouch for you, but I don't know if it's fair to the community to let you return with how quickly rules are egregiously broken as soon as you're not doing well in life.

I want reasons to trust you, but you need to understand that this is your second permanent ban.

////////////////////////
My interactions with the catcord have been, pretty limited. I've spoken with the admins on my relation with individual members since then; if any admins observing this thread wish to know, they're free to request information from me or the admins. The last thing any normal person wants is more drama from this situation, so information will not be made public to players.
I want to ask, how limited have your interactions with former members of the metacord been? In addition, do you think you could provide a vouch of good faith from servers you've been playing on in the interim?
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
carshalash

Post by carshalash » #720638

From your un-ban on February 22nd 2023, it took four months for you to begin metacomming in this server.
And this line, it was Something I've heard before when you said:
Depressingly fair point, things unfortunately lingered on longer than I expected. It's hard to get into.
So I don't know how I am supposed to have trust in you when the previous extended olive branch ended in a massive metacomms scandal. Sure, time is a major factor in rebuilding trust, and I've had people vouch for you, but I don't know if it's fair to the community to let you return with how quickly rules are egregiously broken as soon as you're not doing well in life.

I want reasons to trust you, but you need to understand that this is your second permanent ban.
At the moment the only other discord ss13 channels i'm in are one monitored by melbert and fish, the Spookcord (In which I'm one of the two non admin ss13 player), and a generic multiplayer discord server which is again 90% admin run. If I pulled any shit, the admins in these servers would end up punishing me first.
I want to ask, how limited have your interactions with former members of the metacord been? In addition, do you think you could provide a vouch of good faith from servers you've been playing on in the interim?
Communications are pretty limited. I'll go over the people that I do still somewhat talk to and what it extends to

Roxy: It's essentially just bitching and moaning about either kamen rider or 4chans kamen rider general; interactions have been pretty limited for the last few months as I've dropped this season. Fikou can attest to my obsession with Kamen rider.
REDACTED: I check in on them to see if they're doing okay emotionally. They fucked up, but I don't want them to suffer more.
Potasium: Interactions are about Limbus company and general PM things. We mostly only started interacting after that schism due to Limbus company instead of any discord stuff; Fish can attest to me clinging to people if they show signs of liking these games. Our times don't really align for Lobotomy station, but on the rare times that they do, we play roles that don't interact with each other to be good.
Da Meo: I've known Nyla Foster's player for 6 years, she was a part of that discord but is quite frankly, one of the most pure and most genuine people I have met in this game. She has been very supportive during my ban and would do nothing to try and let me slip back into shitty behaviour; she would do nothing to break the rules or allow me to break the rules again. She wants me to come back and to just cook with her and be good, I don't want to disappoint one of my best friends by being bad again.

Give me a bit to chase up vouches, I didn't expect the response to be so quick.
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master

Post by Cheshify » #720698

Take your time on the vouches, I would like to see them
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
carshalash

Post by carshalash » #720783

I have a performance review at work on Thursday. Is it okay if I post the vouches after I finish my shift that day?
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master

Post by Cheshify » #720792

Take all the time you need, I won't be closing this anytime soon.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
carshalash

Post by carshalash » #721058

Okay lets do this.

Lobotomy Station

A server made to emulate the video game Lobotomy Corporation in its normal round types; while this is the typical playstyle, there is also "City of Light", which is an RP game mode inspired by the world building in Library of Ruina. While playing on this server I have managed to get the trusted player role as shown by this lovely discord screenshot.

While during my 300 or so hours on this station, I have accrued a grand total of 0 notes.

I have asked senior and head admins about my playstyle on the server, head admin 'Lobotomy Corporation' stated he had no idea who I was. (I forgot to take a screenshot of the exchange through ahelps, oops) When i asked senior administrator Gachi of how I was, I got this short but brief summary.

It's, passable I guess? But I wanted more, so I went back to the man who originally put me on the trusted player list, choccymilkshake.

Oof, so I proceeded to go to yet another person, tile4.

I was pretty happy with this so I left it at that.

Skyrat

By this point of time you all know what this is, so no fun introduction like with lobstation. While my playing here was nowhere near as frequent as my time on lobstation, I probably spent the second most time on ss13 during my ban. I had a brief exchange with xyel, while he didn't feel comfortable enough to give me an outright vouch, he did provide this.

Cheshify
In-Game Game Master

Post by Cheshify » #721460

Yeah, I'm mulling this over. Give it some time, the decision isn't necessarily easy. Let me run you through my thought process here.

Your history is extensive, and your second chance was wasted with a seriously nasty offense. In the event of an unban, your play will be pretty heavily scrutinized and I do not know if you're ready to tread on thin ice, nor do I know if that's something you want to necessarily do.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
carshalash

Post by carshalash » #721488

That's reasonable, I have spare time. If you wish to discuss things further here or in a cave, let me know.
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master

Post by Cheshify » #721489

carshalash wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:09 am That's reasonable, I have spare time. If you wish to discuss things further here or in a cave, let me know.
If I have any questions, they'll be here.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master

Post by Cheshify » #721786

Hey Carsh. I'm going to lay out the specifics of an un-ban.

You will be on thin ice going forward. You're one of our highest playtime community members, and you absolutely know what the rules are and how you shouldn't be breaking them. You're not going to just be building good faith again, you'll be doing it under watch.

If you need a break, if you're feeling burnt out, come to me, come to an admin, come to someone who can lend you a hand. Don't let another bad day or bad round be the permaban that sticks.

If that's cool with you, I'll lift the perma.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
carshalash

Post by carshalash » #721787

Thank you chesh, I will be accepting this not for myself but for the friends who have believed in me and wished for me to come back.

I will speak to admins wen situations go poorly, thank you for the opportunity.

I'd like to specifically thank Crag and Krookodilehunter the most in all of this, Crag has been a lovely friend during all of this and Krookodilehunter has been a queen since the day we met.
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master

Post by Cheshify » #721788

Your perma has been lifted.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta